Windows 10: this computer i am on got locked 2 representatives claiming from microsoft technicians...

Discus and support this computer i am on got locked 2 representatives claiming from microsoft technicians... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; this computer i am on got locked two reps from microsoft told me this comp. got compromised they want 250.00 for protection. are these 2 reps real... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by genevi mcdonald, Nov 20, 2018.

1. this computer i am on got locked 2 representatives claiming from microsoft technicians...

this computer i am on got locked two reps from microsoft told me this comp. got compromised they want 250.00 for protection. are these 2 reps real working for microsoft . numbers are 1-844-534-3360 1-844-534-3360

:)

genevi mcdonald, Nov 20, 2018

2. Computer Technician Code of Ethics

Hey, Im writing a page for my coworkers that is to assist them with diagnosing and repairing computer problems over the phone. The first page of the site is going to be for Explaining the ethics of being a computer technician. The big thing here is to make sure that the agent understands the ethics of computers and that it is logical. Any suggestions?

I was thinking of obvious ones like : Never lie to the customer. Always make sure that the customer understands what you are doing....

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Akumos Win User
    Computer Technicians Essential Tool Kit

Hi! For Christmas I'm getting a Belkin Tool Kit. The idea is to create a thread with 1 or 2 suggestions each on essential tools needed by a computer technician. I want to make my tool kit as complete as possible so I'm asking for suggestions on what to buy to add to it. I don't just mean for upgrading a computer... I want troubleshooting gear too and other useful tools. I'll start with:

SATA/IDE to USB Cable

Every computer techie should have one... I need to use one of these about twice a week!! What else can you think of?

Akumos, Nov 20, 2018
  4. this computer i am on got locked 2 representatives claiming from microsoft technicians...

A telephone call from a man who claimed to represent Microsoft

I just received a telephone call from a man who claimed to represent Microsoft. He told me that my computer had an inordinate number or error and warning messages on it that I had gotten from visiting web sites using my browser. I use my computer for email
    and that is about it. I do not visit web sites. He was going to offer me a package to rid my computer of these error and warning messages. I just hung up the phone. I do not believe he represented Microsoft nor do I believe these error and warning messages
    are causing me any harm. I wondered if you could tell me whether Microsoft REALLY has people calling customers like this fellow did me and telling them what he told me. I would appreciate it if you would respond to my query by email:
    L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Thank you!

H. Kelly Shuldberg

Howard Kelly Shuldberg, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

this computer i am on got locked 2 representatives claiming from microsoft technicians...

1. this computer i am on got locked 2 representatives claiming from microsoft technicians... - Similar Threads - computer got locked

2. just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised: they kept telling me that thay had been sending reports to my admin account and that my system was compromised i hung up twice and they called back each time i got thier phoe number it is 01635579756 is this legit...
  3. just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised: they kept telling me that thay had been sending reports to my admin account and that my system was compromised i hung up twice and they called back each time i got thier phoe number it is 01635579756 is this legit...
  4. if i got the computer security locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if i got the computer security locked: call "877 747 1134" idk if its a scam, but i also downloaded an app to give them control of my computer but i closed out the application and he doesnt have anything on me nd didn't sign into my banking info like they asked, can anyone confirm it was a scam for me? wish i...
  5. if i got the computer security locked

if i got the computer security locked: call "877 747 1134" idk if its a scam, but i also downloaded an app to give them control of my computer but i closed out the application and he doesnt have anything on me nd didn't sign into my banking info like they asked, can anyone confirm it was a scam for me? wish i...
  6. I got an automated message claiming to be from Microsoft fraud prevention. It said to press...

I got an automated message claiming to be from Microsoft fraud prevention. It said to press...: I got an automated message claiming to be from Microsoft fraud prevention. It said to press 1 if you did not try to change your phone number. The number was 1-888-524-1674. Is this real?...
  7. I got an automated message claiming to be from Microsoft fraud prevention. It said to press...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got an automated message claiming to be from Microsoft fraud prevention. It said to press...: I got an automated message claiming to be from Microsoft fraud prevention. It said to press 1 if you did not try to change your phone number. The number was 1-888-524-1674. Is this real?...
  8. I got an automated message claiming to be from Microsoft fraud prevention. It said to press...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. great experience with microsoft level 2 technician

in Windows 10 Gaming
    great experience with microsoft level 2 technician: so i am having too much problems with my forza horizon 4 first game was missing .dll files,i fixed that by downloading .dll files after that game was still not launching,fix for that was to open powershell and type in: Add-AppxPackage -Register AppxManifest.xml but...
  10. microsoft technician

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft technician: Hi Peeps This should be an easy question. Can someone please tell me do microsoft technicians still offer IT services to the public for a yearly subscription? If the answer is yea how do I find them to sign up? I want to start my own small business and wish to recruit...