Windows 10: This could be our first look at Windows 10’s new rounded UI

Discus and support This could be our first look at Windows 10’s new rounded UI in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Rumours and references within the preview builds have revealed that Microsoft is in the process of overhauling the Windows 10 interface. The rumours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 2, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

This could be our first look at Windows 10’s new rounded UI

Rumours and references within the preview builds have revealed that Microsoft is in the process of overhauling the Windows 10 interface.

The rumours first surfaced online when Microsoft added modern icons to their first-party apps and launched a slightly improved version of Start Menu with theme-aware tiles.

What we didn’t know is that the company could actually improve the user interface of the built-in Settings by bringing rounded corners. The aesthetic update to Windows 10 Settings UI was discovered on a popup posted to Microsoft’s Tips app and it’s a very subtle update.

This could be our first look at Windows 10’s new rounded UI Windows-Update-mockup.jpg

Remember that these screenshots are mockup posted by Microsoft in the Windows 10’s Tips app.

As you can see in the above screenshot, the redesigned Settings app sports a new icon that is based on Microsoft’s Fluent Design language. In addition, it has more vivid colours compared to the current design, which looks flat and dull.

This could be our first look at Windows 10’s new rounded UI WiFi-settings.jpg

In the above design mockup, Settings app has only received subtle tweaks with rounded edges, but the changes are enough to give Windows 10 a modern appeal that better matches Microsoft’s new WinUI and Fluent Design approach.

If you look closely at the above image, you’ll notice how the app window and ‘Check for updates’ button have slight curves at each corner. Now compare that with the screenshot of the current Settings app, which has sharp corners and buttons, and you might find the mockup attractive if you like rounded corners.

There’s also a screenshot of Windows Search with translucent UI (semi-transparent).

This could be our first look at Windows 10’s new rounded UI Windows-Search.jpg

As we noted at the outset, there’s no clue as to when Microsoft published this design tweak and we couldn’t find any similar mockups when we checked other pages within the Tips app.

These mockups at least give us a closer look at the ideas that Micorosft might be considering internally.

Thanks, Divi for the tip!

The post This could be our first look at Windows 10’s new rounded UI appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 2, 2020
  3. New Steam UI out today!

I feel like an old man but I hate this new UI. Its to confusing. Plus my firends list stopped working.

TheMailMan78, Nov 2, 2020
  4. This could be our first look at Windows 10’s new rounded UI

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

This could be our first look at Windows 10’s new rounded UI

1. This could be our first look at Windows 10’s new rounded UI - Similar Threads - 10’s rounded

2. How can I move a song from my Itunes library on my PC running Windows 10 to my Samsung...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I move a song from my Itunes library on my PC running Windows 10 to my Samsung...: How can I move a song from my iTunes library on my PC running Windows 10 to my Samsung Music library on my Galaxy S10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-move-a-song-from-my-itunes-library-on-my/6648df12-acf7-4492-9118-21a1bcff9963
  3. How can I move a song from my Itunes library on my PC running Windows 10 to my Samsung...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I move a song from my Itunes library on my PC running Windows 10 to my Samsung...: How can I move a song from my iTunes library on my PC running Windows 10 to my Samsung Music library on my Galaxy S10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-move-a-song-from-my-itunes-library-on-my/6648df12-acf7-4492-9118-21a1bcff9963
  4. How can I move a song from my Itunes library on my PC running Windows 10 to my Samsung...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap Windows 10 Home: Hoping someone can help with this issue, I installed the windows 10 home on my computer but after 2days of using it firs time to have an BSOD stop code: Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap I don't know the issue is but if I start downloading my school files it crashed and said stop...
  6. Windows 10’s new rounded corners look teased again

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new rounded corners look teased again: With Windows 10 Sun Valley Update, Microsoft will make quite a few changes to the basic design of the operating system. The most noticeable change, affecting your apps, is that the window (container) for Win32 and UWP apps will now feature rounded corners — just like...
  7. Windows 10’s new rounded UI is now heading to another Microsoft app

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new rounded UI is now heading to another Microsoft app: Microsoft is believed to be testing out new designs and tweaks for Windows 10 and pre-installed apps. Now, it appears Microsoft is also testing a new tweak to the UI of the Windows 10 Your Phone app that will introduce rounded corners, bringing the application closer to the...
  8. Windows 10’s rounded icons are now expanding to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s rounded icons are now expanding to Microsoft Edge: Microsoft is slowly enforcing a new icon design for its apps across all platforms. Instead of icons with a square layout and sharp edges, Windows 10 is moving to a rounded square shape and Microsoft says this new rounded corners will be visually more appealing and easier to...
  9. More evidence of Windows 10’s new rounded look emerges

in Windows 10 News
    More evidence of Windows 10’s new rounded look emerges: Internally, Microsoft has been reorganizing the teams that work on Windows and Azure. As part of the reorg, Microsoft is bringing more Windows 10 development teams under Panos Panay, the head of the successful Surface lineup. According to sources, these internal changes could...
  10. Windows 10’s hidden immersive search has rounded corners and more

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s hidden immersive search has rounded corners and more: Windows 10 comes with a hidden Immersive search bar that looks and behaves quite like Apple’s macOS Spotlight search box. Microsoft started building the Immersive search bar in preview builds of Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Redstone 4), but for some reason, Microsoft didn’t...