Windows 10: This could just be me, but I booted up my computer and logged in and the lock screen never...

Discus and support This could just be me, but I booted up my computer and logged in and the lock screen never... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mr_Blueboy [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mr_Blueboy, Nov 20, 2019.

1. This could just be me, but I booted up my computer and logged in and the lock screen never...

/u/Mr_Blueboy, Nov 20, 2019
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Nov 20, 2019
  4. This could just be me, but I booted up my computer and logged in and the lock screen never...

Stuck at Logging In After Locking Computer

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Step 1: To troubleshoot on this issue, I suggest you to check if the issue persist in Safe Mode.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to test the issue by placing the computer in a Clean Boot state helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with
    Clean Boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Step 3: Follow the below steps to
    place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General
      tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of booting to desktop from lock screen using password for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

This could just be me, but I booted up my computer and logged in and the lock screen never...

1. This could just be me, but I booted up my computer and logged in and the lock screen never... - Similar Threads - booted computer logged

2. Windows not letting me log in, just bounces me back to log in lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows not letting me log in, just bounces me back to log in lock screen: So I’ve been having trouble with a temp profile my pc isn’t starting up with my usual user profile, which is stored on my SSD drive. I followed the below advice, changed the details in the registry, and now when I go to put my pin in after a restart, it says please wait, and...
  3. Windows not letting me log in, just bounces me back to log in lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not letting me log in, just bounces me back to log in lock screen: So I’ve been having trouble with a temp profile my pc isn’t starting up with my usual user profile, which is stored on my SSD drive. I followed the below advice, changed the details in the registry, and now when I go to put my pin in after a restart, it says please wait, and...
  4. Windows not letting me log in, just bounces me back to log in lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. my computer locks up with a black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer locks up with a black screen.: Just had a new nvidia GEForce GRX 1070ti installed with the latest driver by a tech expert. The problem appears to be dashboard widgets? here is my problem report, can anyone here make head or tail?SourceMicrosoft® Windows® Operating SystemSummaryStopped...
  6. my computer locks up with a black screen.

my computer locks up with a black screen.: Just had a new nvidia GEForce GRX 1070ti installed with the latest driver by a tech expert. The problem appears to be dashboard widgets? here is my problem report, can anyone here make head or tail?SourceMicrosoft® Windows® Operating SystemSummaryStopped...
  7. My screen keeps sending me back to the Lock Screen when I log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen keeps sending me back to the Lock Screen when I log in: I need help .When I login to my computer it lets me do stuff for about 7 minutes, then it goes straight back to the log in screen. Then after that first time it won’t let me log in it just keeps sending me to the sign in/lock screenno 7 minutes after the first login it just...
  8. My screen keeps sending me back to the Lock Screen when I log in

My screen keeps sending me back to the Lock Screen when I log in: I need help .When I login to my computer it lets me do stuff for about 7 minutes, then it goes straight back to the log in screen. Then after that first time it won’t let me log in it just keeps sending me to the sign in/lock screenno 7 minutes after the first login it just...
  9. Time Restrictions on the log in screen when booting up computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time Restrictions on the log in screen when booting up computer: I have restrictions that are set to where i cannot log into my computer past 9pm and until 9am, but i can continue playing my computer past that time limit it is only if my computer turns off after that set time i cannot log back into my computer until the morning, which I...
  10. Had pop up that locked computer...could not unlock screen...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Had pop up that locked computer...could not unlock screen...: Since that occurred..11/13/2019...I was unable to close any open programs and restarting the computer had no effect on the locked screen...Here is where I think matters went wrong.. I called the number in the pop up and the agent identified as a MS tech and in order to...