Windows 10: This cryptojacking mining malware pretends to be a Flash update

Discus and support This cryptojacking mining malware pretends to be a Flash update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Crooks are attempting to spread their cryptojacking malware to unsuspecting victims by disguising it as an update for Flash. The fake updaters are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Borg 386 Win User

This cryptojacking mining malware pretends to be a Flash update

This cryptojacking mining malware pretends to be a Flash update | ZDNet

:)

Borg 386, Oct 11, 2018

2. Are your Browsers subject to Cryptojacking ? Test within!

Once I can unbox my rig from storage again, update Waterfox and noscript, mbam, avast and sas and spyware blaster and get the latest stable patches I will see. Im on phone right now

eidairaman1, Oct 11, 2018
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Are your Browsers subject to Cryptojacking ? Test within!

Cryptojacking Test Check if your browser is affected by cryptojacking!

Browser test, nothing to download at all. https://cryptojackingtest.com/

If you are Not subject to Cryptojacking please add what you used to BLOCK cryptojack mining! Thank you.

Malwarebytes Pro is stopping Cryptojacking on my PC *Rockout :rockout:
    And just in case I also use No Coin on my FF browser which even with Malewarebytes shows that it was blocked.

This cryptojacking mining malware pretends to be a Flash update good027.png

DRDNA, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Cliff S Win User

You Can File Complaints About Cryptojacking With the FTC

More good information I found an Bleeping computer today:

Read the whole article here: You Can File Complaints About Cryptojacking With the FTC

Cliff S, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. This cryptojacking mining malware pretends to be a Flash update - Similar Threads - cryptojacking mining malware

2. External SSD "Pretending" to be usable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External SSD "Pretending" to be usable: I honestly can't think of a way to word my issue so that I can find some solutionsBasically, when i plug this SSD into any computer I've tried 2 so far, it shows up fine, you can look in it, you "can move things to it"* tried moving a game to it with steam, 10 GB's in it...
  3. malware from usb aliexpress flash drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malware from usb aliexpress flash drive?: windows defender not detected viruses in usb flash aliexpress no file autorun,exe or someting else, when i insert usb flash where i got from aliexpress store disk and copy mp3 song to flash drive i got write disk protection. after 1 day i copied jpg file from pc disk to sd...
  4. Rundll32 Injected with mining malware

Rundll32 Injected with mining malware: Hi all please help, i have a malware injected that continuously runs rundll32.exe, it takes up 100% of GPU and almost 90% of my ram space. It lasts for 10-20 sec before returning to normal, and then 5-7mins later again it will run once more. My PC fan would be very loud and...
  5. my pc is infected with unremovable crypto mining malware

my pc is infected with unremovable crypto mining malware: there is a process that has no name with a settings symbol, and when i click on open file location it brings me to svchost in system32, i cant end the task or the pc will bsod, malwarebytes shows nothing, windows defender shows nothing, and it uses about 50% of my cpu and 80...
  6. Scanning for cryptocurrency mining malware

Scanning for cryptocurrency mining malware: My windows 10 version is Home, 20H2, 64 bit. Build 19042.685 Many times, while having my laptop sit idle for few minutes, it heats up and fan speed go high. This happens mostly when during noon time when I often have to get off the laptop to answer the doorbell. No heavy...
  7. Scanning for cryptocurrency mining malware

in Windows 10 Support
    Scanning for cryptocurrency mining malware: My windows 10 version is Home, 20H2, 64 bit. Build 19042.685 Many times, while having my laptop sit idle for few minutes, it heats up and fan speed go high. This happens mostly when during noon time when I often have to get off the laptop to answer the doorbell. No heavy...
  8. I think my computer has a Crypto mining malware

I think my computer has a Crypto mining malware: Hello, so when I open task manager everything freezes for 1 second and CPU usage is at 100% then everything goes back to normal, I think my pc has a bitcoin miner, what to do ?[ATTACH], this is from AVG internet security antivirus quarantine selection, I deleted it from there...
  9. Cryptocurrency mining malware disables security to remain undetected

in Windows 10 News
    Cryptocurrency mining malware disables security to remain undetected: Cryptojacking campaign targets Linux servers that haven't had patches for known vulnerabilities applied. A form of cryptojacking malware has added the ability to disable cloud security software to help avoid detection and increase its chance of illicitly mining for...
  10. Why cryptojacking malware is a bigger threat to your PC than realized

in Windows 10 News
    Why cryptojacking malware is a bigger threat to your PC than realized: Cryptocurrency mining malware has been one of the most prolific forms of malicious software distributed by cyber criminals throughout 2018, but given how some view it as relatively benign compared with other more damaging attacks like ransomware and trojans, it's occasionally...