Windows 10: This device cannot start. Code 10 Indicates a revision number encountered or specified is...

Discus and support This device cannot start. Code 10 Indicates a revision number encountered or specified is... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having an issue where my system firmware will not update, and therefore will not let my system update. My windows refuses to restart. i am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by B3NJ3214, Mar 12, 2021.

1. B3NJ3214 Win User

This device cannot start. Code 10 Indicates a revision number encountered or specified is...

I have been having an issue where my system firmware will not update, and therefore will not let my system update. My windows refuses to restart. i am using an ASUS ROG Zephyrus GA502D, this seems to be the only discrepancy I can find and it also seems to be causing other issues as well. I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same issue, however, I have issues with my frame rate tanking while gaming, even for games that are relatively easy to run. Sometimes if I restart that will fix the issue temporarily, but then usually it fails again within a few minutes.

:)

B3NJ3214, Mar 12, 2021
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

Intel Management Engine Interface -This device cannot start. (Code 10) - STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Hi Rehan,

The error code can be due to an outdated or corrupted device drivers. Based on the information that you've shared, we'd like to check the following:

• If you've already tried uninstalling the specified driver based on the steps provided by
      Martin Bar on this thread.
    • The process that you've followed to update the specified driver.
    • If you've already tried the suggestions posted by Clemvine on this thread.
    • If you've already tried running the DISM and SFC utilities based on the steps posted on the link shared by
      Martin Bar.

In the event that the steps suggested above did not suffice, we'd recommend rolling back the Fall Creators Update. Once done, check if you still have errors after reverting to the previous version. If the errors are no longer present, update your device
    to the Fall Creators Update. Performing this will isolate issues related to the installation of the update.

Note: If it has been more than 10 days since you've installed the Fall Creators Update, you would need to manually downgrade the version. To do this, you can refer to the steps posted in the
    Manually Downgrade to an older release of Windows 10 section of this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Mar 12, 2021
  3. HID-compliant mouse. Device Status:This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Have you tried updating the driver for the HID-compliant mouse?

Follow these steps on how to update the driver:

To do this, follow these steps:

• In Device Manager, click the Driver tab in the device's Properties dialog box.
    • Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard.
    • Follow the instructions to update the driver.
    If that does not work, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your laptop directly and ask for updated drivers for Windows 10.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Mar 12, 2021
  4. This device cannot start. Code 10 Indicates a revision number encountered or specified is...

Multiple device drivers with Code 52 leading to a myriad of other errors

Hello,

Let us first resolve the Code 52 error before proceeding with reinstalling Windows 10. We suggest that you uninstall the drivers that are indicated with a yellow triangle and then re-install if from device's support site. Here are the steps:

• Search for Device Manager.
    • Look for the drivers you are referring to.
    • Right-click on it and then choose Uninstall.
    • Download the driver from the device's support site.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

This device cannot start. Code 10 Indicates a revision number encountered or specified is...

1. This device cannot start. Code 10 Indicates a revision number encountered or specified is... - Similar Threads - device cannot start

2. This device cannot start. Code 10 {Device Timeout} The specified I/O operation on %hs was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This device cannot start. Code 10 {Device Timeout} The specified I/O operation on %hs was...: Hello, don't be tired I have a flash drive that was first formatted to RAW And I could not format it, I searched a lot, but the solutions were not fruitful That's why I created a new partition for it using the software and formatted it through disk management, but it didn't...
  3. This device cannot start. Code 10 {Device Timeout} The specified I/O operation on %hs was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This device cannot start. Code 10 {Device Timeout} The specified I/O operation on %hs was...: Hello, don't be tired I have a flash drive that was first formatted to RAW And I could not format it, I searched a lot, but the solutions were not fruitful That's why I created a new partition for it using the software and formatted it through disk management, but it didn't...
  4. This device cannot start. Code 10 {Device Timeout} The specified I/O operation on %hs was...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. This device cannot start. (code 10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This device cannot start. (code 10): While playing League of Legends on my Lenovo ideapad 330 the laptop shut down by itself. After booting it back up (it took longer than usual) my keyboard wasnt working. Booting it up takes longer now. There is a yellow triangle next to to the Standard PS/2 Keyboard in...
  6. Device Cannot Start Code 10.

Device Cannot Start Code 10.: Hi guys. Need some help. My Bose Soundtouch speaker had worked away quite happily for 2 years now all of a sudden nothing from my laptop will play through the speaker. After much messing about, i found the above warning against the speaker in Device Manager. As for fixing...
  7. Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10)

Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10): I was trying to figure out why only one of my idevices was showing my on my computer. I checked device manager and under portable devices I see Apple iPhone. Then when I plug in my iPad it shows up under USB devices as Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device and it has a...
  8. this device cannot start (code 10)

this device cannot start (code 10): I have tried lots of repair advices without resolving the problem! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-device-cannot-start-code-10/142326f7-1a73-4c35-9fd3-984700c81ded
  9. This device cannot start (code 10)

This device cannot start (code 10): Hello someone please help me cause i am officially losing my mind. my setup is a MSI GS65 Stealth Thin. It all started when i was going to install adobe Photoshop. it couldn't install because something was running so i restarted and everything was fine. but i had to...
  10. Error code 10 (This device cannot start)

Error code 10 (This device cannot start): Hello, I have been trying to fix this error for the past few hours with no luck. Having this error with my ADATA UV150 32GB USB flash drive. The laptop I am using is Lenovo ideapad 100S (14). The things I have tried: obviously restarting the pc; switching between all...