Windows 10: This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API

Discus and support This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to get my DJ Controllers Behringer CMD Studio 2a and Hercules DJ Control mp3 e2 LE to work on my notebook HP Pavilion 15-ec0140ng, running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Patrick Dinklage, Mar 16, 2020.

1. This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API

I am trying to get my DJ Controllers Behringer CMD Studio 2a and Hercules DJ Control mp3 e2 LE to work on my notebook HP Pavilion 15-ec0140ng, running Windows 10 x64 with latest updates with no luck. I did install the latest drivers and Windows obviously detects the device as what it is, showing the correct icon and product name in the "Devices and Printers" window.

However, I cannot get it to actually work. In the device manager, whatever USB slot I connect it to, the corresponding entry has a warning symbol next to it. In the Properties window, I read the following message:

This device cannot start. Code 10

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API

One controller worked completely fine on my old notebook, which also runs Windows 10 x64 with latest updates. Since I have exactly the same issue with both devices from different manufacturers, I'm pretty sure it's neither the drivers nor the devices themselves that are faulty.

I tried all USB slots available on the notebook one USB2, one USB3 and one USB3 type C to which I have connected a hub, on none of them it works. I have searched the web for this issue and did find some posts suggesting that deleting theUpperFilters and LowerFilters registry keys for the composite device will solve the issue. However, those keys don't even exist in my case, so that can't be the issue.

To the best of my knowledge, I have the latest chipset drivers installed for my notebook. However, since HP doesn't seem to offer specific chipset drivers for this model, I am relying on Windows Update to tell me the truth here.

So this leads me to my question: What can I do to get my device working?

:)

Patrick Dinklage, Mar 16, 2020
  2. richtz Win User

This device cannot start. (Code 10) Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API. windows 10

Working on computer today, windows 10, mouse and keyboard stopped working out of the blue. tried to remove and re-install drivers and get the following message. Any suggestions? This device cannot start. (Code 10) Insufficient system resources exist to
    complete the API

richtz, Mar 16, 2020
  3. nemanja4870, Mar 16, 2020
  4. This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API

This device cannot start. (Code 10) Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.

Hi,

The "This device cannot start. (Code 10) Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API" error message occurs if the hardware key does not contain a
    FailReasonString value. Usually, the device hardware key contains a "FailReasonString" value that only the hardware manufacturer can define.

We would like to know more about your concern. Kindly verify the changes made on the computer prior to the issue.

The issue you are experiencing might be due to an outdated or incompatible device driver. We suggest that you install the latest driver for your chipset which is responsible for the computer's communication with the USB ports. You may download the updated driver
    from your device manufacturer's website or ask assistance from their support team in installing the compatible driver for your device.

Regards.

Monica Cam, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API

1. This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API - Similar Threads - device cannot start

2. This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API....: This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API. with Nvidia Geforce Tesla K80.can I reallocate resources I remember doing this in Win 95?...
  3. This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API....: This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API. with Nvidia Geforce Tesla K80.can I reallocate resources I remember doing this in Win 95?...
  4. What is "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API." ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API." ?: My sound drive is not working . Only Showing this error.How to solve this . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-insufficient-system-resources-exist-to/fcc5dca9-df41-42aa-866a-13030bd170ef
  5. What is "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API." ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API." ?: My sound drive is not working . Only Showing this error.How to solve this . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-insufficient-system-resources-exist-to/fcc5dca9-df41-42aa-866a-13030bd170ef
  6. What is "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API." ?

7. This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.: I'm having this problem with a MIDI keyboard Thomann DP-50. On my pc with windows 10 the error doesn't show up and it works fine. When I connected it to my windows 10 Laptop however, this error occurred. I now have a different laptop with windows 11 and the error is still...
  8. This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.

This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.: I'm having this problem with a MIDI keyboard Thomann DP-50. On my pc with windows 10 the error doesn't show up and it works fine. When I connected it to my windows 10 Laptop however, this error occurred. I now have a different laptop with windows 11 and the error is still...
  9. STM32 ST Link - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API

STM32 ST Link - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API: Hello everyone, I have a microcontroller based on the STM32 chip. When I plug it in my Lenovo L340 It recognizes "USB Composite Device" but shows error code 10 "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API". When I connect it on my PC, everything works fine. I...
  10. insufficient system resources exist to complete the api

insufficient system resources exist to complete the api: This is driving me nuts, just what is "insufficient system resources exist to complete the api"? My PC is an i7 with 16gb ramm, the mobo is Z97 OC Formula(could it be intel usb 3.0 management?). It started up just after I put in the 5th USB hard drive, so I have 3 hubs for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix This device cannot start. (Code 10) Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API touchpad

2. Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API. High definintoin audio code 10