Windows 10: This device cannot start. (code 10)

Discus and support This device cannot start. (code 10) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; While playing League of Legends on my Lenovo ideapad 330 the laptop shut down by itself. After booting it back up (it took longer than usual) my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Marimahuna, Oct 15, 2020.

1. This device cannot start. (code 10)

While playing League of Legends on my Lenovo ideapad 330 the laptop shut down by itself.

After booting it back up (it took longer than usual) my keyboard wasnt working. Booting it up takes longer now.

There is a yellow triangle next to to the Standard PS/2 Keyboard in Device Manager and trying to update it results in a code 10 error.

I've been googling for hours and it feels like I've tried every solution there is. Could it simply be a hardware issue?

EDIT: There is also an icon saying ELAN Pointing Device after hovering over it in the bottom right on the taskbar.

submitted by /u/Marimahuna
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Marimahuna, Oct 15, 2020

2. HID-compliant mouse. Device Status:This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Have you tried updating the driver for the HID-compliant mouse?

Follow these steps on how to update the driver:

To do this, follow these steps:

• In Device Manager, click the Driver tab in the device's Properties dialog box.
    • Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard.
    • Follow the instructions to update the driver.
    If that does not work, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your laptop directly and ask for updated drivers for Windows 10.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Oct 15, 2020
  3. StefanM Win User
    Alienware R4 M290x Code 43 HELP

Advice from Microsoft: Graphics device driver error code 43

StefanM, Oct 15, 2020
  4. This device cannot start. (code 10)

Surface Pro 4 rear camera: This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Hello Caden,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

A Code 10 error is generated in Device Manager in one of the following situations:

• Device Manager can't start the device.
    • One of the drivers that the device needs does not start.
    • Device Manager has insufficient information to recognize the error that is bubbled up by the device driver.
    Since you tried with all basic troubleshooting steps, but the problem still appearing. It seems that there might be some problem with the system files or might be with the Hardware. I see you telling that the device is newly bought. If that is case, suggest
    you to get in touch with the Store from where you bought for getting support on this or for replacing the device, if the problem is due to Hardware.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

This device cannot start. (code 10)

1. This device cannot start. (code 10) - Similar Threads - device cannot start

2. Device Cannot Start Code 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Cannot Start Code 10.: Hi guys. Need some help. My Bose Soundtouch speaker had worked away quite happily for 2 years now all of a sudden nothing from my laptop will play through the speaker. After much messing about, i found the above warning against the speaker in Device Manager. As for fixing...
  3. This device cannot start. Code 10 - Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This device cannot start. Code 10 - Issues: I checked two drivers are not started and showing error : [ATTACH]This device cannot start. Code 10 {Conflicting Address Range} The specified address range conflicts with the address space. Under "System Devices"[ATTACH]This device cannot start. Code 10The provided callback...
  4. This device cannot start. Code 10 And MORE...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This device cannot start. Code 10 And MORE...: Hi all I have an external hard drive that appearing in device manager with a yellow triangle. It don't not appear in "This PC" or Disk Management. I thought the drive was finished so before destroying it i plugged it into an old laptop I've got AND IT WORKED??? When i...
  5. Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10)

Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10): I was trying to figure out why only one of my idevices was showing my on my computer. I checked device manager and under portable devices I see Apple iPhone. Then when I plug in my iPad it shows up under USB devices as Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device and it has a...
  6. Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10): I was trying to figure out why only one of my idevices was showing my on my computer. I checked device manager and under portable devices I see Apple iPhone. Then when I plug in my iPad it shows up under USB devices as Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device and it has a...
  7. This device cannot start. (Code 10) windows 10

This device cannot start. (Code 10) windows 10: some of my usb ports are not working at all. i have 10 and 6 will not work. when i use device manager and unistall the drivers\reboot problem still there. when i try to update drivers it says they are. when i open windows defender security center it says i have device...
  8. this device cannot start (code 10)

this device cannot start (code 10): I have tried lots of repair advices without resolving the problem! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-device-cannot-start-code-10/142326f7-1a73-4c35-9fd3-984700c81ded
  9. This device cannot start (code 10)

This device cannot start (code 10): Hello someone please help me cause i am officially losing my mind. my setup is a MSI GS65 Stealth Thin. It all started when i was going to install adobe Photoshop. it couldn't install because something was running so i restarted and everything was fine. but i had to...
  10. Error code 10 (This device cannot start)

Error code 10 (This device cannot start): Hello, I have been trying to fix this error for the past few hours with no luck. Having this error with my ADATA UV150 32GB USB flash drive. The laptop I am using is Lenovo ideapad 100S (14). The things I have tried: obviously restarting the pc; switching between all...