Windows 10: THIS DEVICE IS CURRENTLY IN USE issue

Discus and support THIS DEVICE IS CURRENTLY IN USE issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good day, Just recently I have problem removing my mass storage since the last update. I have 2 HDD, 1 is 2TB Transend and 1 is 4TB MyPassport. With... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JianFerrer, Jul 18, 2020.

1. THIS DEVICE IS CURRENTLY IN USE issue

Good day,

Just recently I have problem removing my mass storage since the last update. I have 2 HDD, 1 is 2TB Transend and 1 is 4TB MyPassport. With my 2TB, I don't have any problem removing, but for my 4TB it always shows error "this device is currently in use". I tried to closing everything, even tried to restart Windows Explorer but the problem still exist. I am afraid my files will corrupt someday if the problem still exist because sometime i just pull the USB connector. Could you help me regarding the issue? Thank you so much!

Best regards!

:)

JianFerrer, Jul 18, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

THIS DEVICE IS CURRENTLY IN USE issue

WINDOWS STORE NOT RUNNING ERROR CODE 0x80072F78 PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS ISSUE .I AM CURRENTLY USING WINDOWS 10.

Hi Mehabub,

Error 0x80072F78 can be attributed to corrupted Store files or settings.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Was the issue happening when accessing Microsoft Store or while downloading apps?
    • Were there any recent changes made on your device prior to the issue?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest performing a Microsoft store cache reset. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R to open run window.
    • Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

THIS DEVICE IS CURRENTLY IN USE issue

1. THIS DEVICE IS CURRENTLY IN USE issue - Similar Threads - DEVICE CURRENTLY issue

2. Problem Ejecting External Disk - This device is currently in use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Ejecting External Disk - This device is currently in use: Hello, After I connect my external disk to my HP Z4 G4 business desktop, I cannot safely remove / eject it anymore. Windows 11 says "Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI - This device is currently in use." Also after I click the safely remove button 100 times. It happens even...
  3. Problem Ejecting External Disk - This device is currently in use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Ejecting External Disk - This device is currently in use: Hello, After I connect my external disk to my HP Z4 G4 business desktop, I cannot safely remove / eject it anymore. Windows 11 says "Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI - This device is currently in use." Also after I click the safely remove button 100 times. It happens even...
  4. Error message that 'the audio playback device is currently in use'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message that 'the audio playback device is currently in use'.: I've checked internet resources, been to Device manager, made sure sound services in Windows audio are running. Checked the audio playback, can't find what app or program is using the audio. This happens with Media Player etc. I had to reinstall Windows recently and this has...
  5. Error message that 'the audio playback device is currently in use'.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message that 'the audio playback device is currently in use'.: I've checked internet resources, been to Device manager, made sure sound services in Windows audio are running. Checked the audio playback, can't find what app or program is using the audio. This happens with Media Player etc. I had to reinstall Windows recently and this has...
  6. Error message that 'the audio playback device is currently in use'.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Problem ejecting USB Mass Storage Device, This device is currently in use

in Windows 10 News
    Problem ejecting USB Mass Storage Device, This device is currently in use: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The standard procedure to eject a USB drive, or for that matter any external media is to select the option “Safely remove hardware and eject media” from the Taskbar menu. However, at times while trying to eject the media through [...] This post Problem...
  8. This device is currently in use – USB error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    This device is currently in use – USB error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]We use our external USB storage devices, peripherals, and a number of devices almost daily. Now when taking out the USB Storage devices, it is advised to use the Safely remove the USB Storage device option. This prevents data corruption [...] This post This...
  9. Using the current device's product key on my another device.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using the current device's product key on my another device.: Hello, My 6 year old PC has Windows 10 PRO (Retail License). It came with Windows 7 Home which also was successfully upgraded to Windows 10 Home (OEM License). Now, I have bought a new PC which came with Windows 10 Home. How do I use my retail PRO product key in my new laptop...
  10. How to overcome "This device is currently in use"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to overcome "This device is currently in use": Most often I face this problem with my USB drive like Pendrive, Portable Harddisk, SDMMC Card etc which are not in use anywhere and does not show in Task Manager but still you cannot eject it out or get the message "safe to remove". If this situation arise how to overcome and...