Windows 10: This device is new it shows as a device but shows as turned off to the system.

Discus and support This device is new it shows as a device but shows as turned off to the system. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I turn this device on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Graytwig, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Graytwig Win User

This device is new it shows as a device but shows as turned off to the system.

How do I turn this device on.

:)

Graytwig, Jun 8, 2020

2. New Printer Not Showing in Devices & Printers (But Does Show in Device Manager)

Now I have no printers and Devices and Printers at all, not even a banner (but it still shows in Device Manager).

I have uninstalled all the new Brother printer driver & utilities programs (again) and rebooted (again). I also turned off MS XPS print services from Programs and Features, just in case. In Device Manager, I clicked ‘Show hidden devices’ and found
    three instances of the old printer plus the old Prolific Parallel – USB adapter cable (now returned & refunded). All these were ghosted out but I uninstalled all of them anyway.

I checked ‘spooling’ in ‘Services’ and this is set to ‘Automatic’ (and is ‘Running’).

These posts did not help:

1)

Windows 10 - Epson C88+ not showing in devices and printers

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to update the drivers for printer in Device Manager:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter
    Step 3: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

2)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17420/windows-printer-problems

= ‘Fix printer problems’ on MS Support

I do not understand why I’m having so many problems but am desperate for help – please!

Chris

ChrisOfTheOT, Jun 8, 2020
  3. device manager not showing correct cpu

this one has me confused, .When i look in device manage under processors it is still showing my old q8200 cpu and ive upgraded to the q9650. why would it not show this in device manager? , The bios shows it, cpuiz shows the q9650, the vista basic information shows it but not under device manager/ should I be concerned about this ? any ideas would be great thanx Dragon

DTV DRAGON, Jun 8, 2020
  4. This device is new it shows as a device but shows as turned off to the system.

My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Some devices might be listed under hidden devices in Device Manager, I suggest you to open Device Manager then click on View option and click on Show hidden devices. Once it is done, check whether you can find the device.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the device with other USB ports and check if it is detected (If you are connecting through USB).

Also, try updating the USB drivers and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

-Open Device Manager.

-Find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

-Right-click on each driver listed and click on Update Driver Software

-Restart the system after updating the drivers.

-Try connecting the device and check if the issue still persists.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

This device is new it shows as a device but shows as turned off to the system.

1. This device is new it shows as a device but shows as turned off to the system. - Similar Threads - device shows device

2. Device showing there is no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device showing there is no internet: Hi, I have another peoblem and it shows that my deffice is offline/ has no network, here is a screenshot:Its very annoying because apps like spotify are set to offline mode because it has ''no internet access'' but every other app works fine....
  3. Device not showing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device not showing: On the microsoft store when I go to my library and try to download minecraft which I already own on my xbox it says install on my devices, but for some reason my xbox shows up and my laptop doesn't but when go to https://account.microsoft.com/devices it shows my laptop....
  4. Bluetooth is turned off, and it's not showing up in device manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth is turned off, and it's not showing up in device manager.: I have Bluetooth headphones and yesterday they just stopped working completely. So I checked and in my Bluetooth settings, it says that Bluetooth is not on but there is no switch to turn it on. So I went into device manager and it is not there. So then I went into...
  5. Device Not Showing in Store

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Not Showing in Store: I recently bought Minecraft Dungeons and am unable to install it since I apparently don't have an applicable device linked with my Microsoft account. When I check my Devices however my PC is linked....
  6. Not showing device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not showing device: why dont it show my device[ATTACH]so i can download certain apps from google play? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-device/2c094a99-3154-41cc-a959-08b90b97ebbf
  7. My new device is showing under "Devices" but my old device is showing when I attempt to...

My new device is showing under "Devices" but my old device is showing when I attempt to...: My ACER laptop - on which Office 365 was loaded recently - was stolen in Dec'19. I now have a LENOVO, on which I would like to reinstall Office 365 but... - My new device is showing under "Devices" - but my old device is showing up when I attempt to reinstall Office 365...
  8. device does not show on devices

device does not show on devices: I signed on to my microsoft account using my HP laptop , HOWEVER I only see my desktop on the list of devices. I have gone arounf in circles with codes, passwords, etc for 4 and a half hours. My laptop says I am signed on to my Microsoft account. But it is not on my device...
  9. blutooth adapter not showing in show hidden devices in device manager

blutooth adapter not showing in show hidden devices in device manager: I re installed windows 10 but lost the ability for Bluetooth. the Bluetooth adapter is not even showing up as hidden device in device manager! how do iget it back and working?...
  10. NAS device shows as Media device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NAS device shows as Media device: I have some NAS devices attached to my home network. When Win 10 boots up it correctly identifies them as NAS devices But when I return to my machine after a period away the NAS devices have been classed as Media devices and so cannot be accessed In this case I have to...