Windows 10: This dialogue pops up randomly and/or I try and preview a Word document in File Explorer....

Discus and support This dialogue pops up randomly and/or I try and preview a Word document in File Explorer.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/notwritingasusual [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/notwritingasusual, Jun 8, 2020.

1. This dialogue pops up randomly and/or I try and preview a Word document in File Explorer....

/u/notwritingasusual, Jun 8, 2020

2. No Word document preview in file explorer

SOLVED - uninstalled Office - reinstalled - now get previews in File Explorer

Gerry Atric, Jun 8, 2020
  3. No Word document preview in file explorer

Since updating to win 10 anniversary edition I cannot get a preview of Word documents in File Explorer - all other files show a preview. This is on a Sony Vaio all in one PC with Office 2010. The mystery is that I also have a Vaio laptop running the identical operating system and apps and this does have doc previews. I have tried repairing the Word app and have compared all the settings on each computer but nothing brings back doc previews on the all in one - get the message "this file cannot be previewed". I would like to uninstall / reinstall Office but I do not have a disk and cannot find an official download of the 2010 version for which I have the key. Microsoft support were polite but stumped.

Any suggestions welcome

Gerry Atric, Jun 8, 2020
  4. This dialogue pops up randomly and/or I try and preview a Word document in File Explorer....

Win10 File Explorer Preview for Word Docs not working

Hi,

Software: Windows 10 and Office 365, both patched to date.

Problem: File Explorer will not the preview of a Word document in the preview pane. It returns the error: "Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment." You click ok and then you do get a preview.

Repair steps taken:

I ran Office Quick repair.

I ran Office On-Line repair.

I have uninstalled and then installed office.

I used the Office tool to uninstall and remove all traces.

I did the thumbnail check box.

I confirmed the registry entry : %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache

I added the folder INetCacheContent.Word

I cleared and reset the options in Internet Explorer.

What caused the problem:

When I first ran into this, it was on a computer that Office 365 was installed from office. com recently.

When we could not preview Outlook files because the default for Office 365 was now 64-bit and Outlook preview required 32-bit.

I uninstalled Office 365 64-bit and installed Office 365 32-bit.

We were able to preview Outlook msg files but not Word files.

This error was repeated on a different computer recently. When I uninstalled the Office 365 64-bit and installed Office 365 32-bit.

Word preview did not work and caused an error every time you select a Word document.

Any insight in how to correct this issue with the error popping up, would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Victor

VictorTechNet, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

This dialogue pops up randomly and/or I try and preview a Word document in File Explorer....

1. This dialogue pops up randomly and/or I try and preview a Word document in File Explorer.... - Similar Threads - dialogue pops randomly

2. Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews: I have the same issue as the one described in this locked thread.Win10 File Explorer Preview for Word Docs not working - Microsoft CommunityI have tried all the suggestions in the OP.I ran Office Quick repair.I ran Office On-Line repair.I have uninstalled and then installed...
  3. Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews: I have the same issue as the one described in this locked thread.Win10 File Explorer Preview for Word Docs not working - Microsoft CommunityI have tried all the suggestions in the OP.I ran Office Quick repair.I ran Office On-Line repair.I have uninstalled and then installed...
  4. Preview Pane in File Explorer not displaying word document file previews

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cursor hover over pop up dialogue box in explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor hover over pop up dialogue box in explorer.: This may have been asked before but is there a way to edit what information is shown in the cursor pop up dialogue box?For example, when i hover the cursor over a jpeg image in windows explorer, a box will pop up displaying info about the file. I want to see more info or at...
  6. Cursor hover over pop up dialogue box in explorer.

Cursor hover over pop up dialogue box in explorer.: This may have been asked before but is there a way to edit what information is shown in the cursor pop up dialogue box?For example, when i hover the cursor over a jpeg image in windows explorer, a box will pop up displaying info about the file. I want to see more info or at...
  7. File Explorer will not preview Excel documents.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer will not preview Excel documents.: I am running Windows 11 with all updates and Office 365. File explorer will preview all documents word, pdf, etc EXCEPT Excel files. Set up a Temporary User account and Excel previewer works! How do I determine the difference between the Temporary User account and my Lip505...
  8. File Explorer will not preview Excel documents.

File Explorer will not preview Excel documents.: I am running Windows 11 with all updates and Office 365. File explorer will preview all documents word, pdf, etc EXCEPT Excel files. Set up a Temporary User account and Excel previewer works! How do I determine the difference between the Temporary User account and my Lip505...
  9. Dialogue box pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dialogue box pop up: I keep receiving a reminder 'googledrivesync.exe is downloading from OneDrive' with 3 files available. They don't even start to download with only button available to 'Cancel'. I have cancelled, dialogue disappears then same dialogue box returns within a few minutes....
  10. No Word document preview in file explorer

No Word document preview in file explorer: ​Since updating to win 10 anniversary edition I cannot get a preview of Word documents in File Explorer - all other files show a preview. This is on a Sony Vaio all in one PC with Office 2010. The mystery is that I also have a Vaio laptop running the identical operating...