Windows 10: this disk is offline because of a policy set by an administrator

Discus and support this disk is offline because of a policy set by an administrator in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is new : ) Plugged in an external 2TB USB drive that I have had no problem accessing before. No new updates no new programs installed since the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by phaedruspress, Oct 30, 2018.

1. this disk is offline because of a policy set by an administrator

This is new : )

Plugged in an external 2TB USB drive that I have had no problem accessing before. No new updates no new programs installed since the last time I used it. Hard Disk Sentinel does show bad sectors but the app has been showing this message for over a year now and it has not changed. It still shows the exact same number of bad sectors. I thought HD Sentinel was the offending program but when I exited it no go. When I go to the taskbar I am able to easily enough eject it. My backup computer died on me a couple of weeks ago. I can not recall but the last time I think when I plugged it into a public computer it was blocked. At the moment I do not have access to another computer. When I go into disk management I can see the drive but I also see that offending message "this disk is offline..." I GOOGLED this and saw quite a bit of info but before I go scurrying around for a possible fix I thought that I would ask here first hoping that there is simple solution. I have made no changes in the GPE since the last time I plugged in the disk which showed right away in explorer and I was able to work with it. TIA.

this disk is offline because of a policy set by an administrator [​IMG]

:)

phaedruspress, Oct 30, 2018
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Windows 10 error: "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client service. Please consult your system administrator"

Hi Rico,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the operating system.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which edition of Windows Operating System are you using?
    • What all the troubleshooting steps have you performed?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your Operating System?
    • Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your system?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to Stop the Group Policy service, restart and set it to Automatic.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service
    is disabled the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 30, 2018
  4. fdegrove Win User

this disk is offline because of a policy set by an administrator

Group Policy on home machine?!?!?!?!?

Hi,

Had the same issue on a number of occasions. This is what solved it for me:

Steps to fix 'Some settings are managed by your organization' message in Windows 10
    Make sure you have administrator rights and follow the steps below:

Step 1: Launch Run prompt by right clicking the Windows Start menu icon. Type in gpedit.msc and click OK or Enter.
    Step 2: In Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc), go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Data Collection and Preview Builds.
    Step 3: Find the Allow Telemetry item and double-click it to edit the policies.
    Step 4: Change the setting to Enabled. Change the drop-down menu entry to 3-Full and click Apply.
    Step 5: Now open the item again and change its Setting to Not configured and hit the Save button.
    The message should no longer stop you from accessing various system settings in Windows 10.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

this disk is offline because of a policy set by an administrator

1. this disk is offline because of a policy set by an administrator - Similar Threads - disk offline policy

2. system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation: the whole reason i bought this computer was to use my 3d printer and it wont let me download the software and i just get the "system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation" error. i already tried the gpedit.msc it doesnt exist on my computer i cannot...
  3. security policy administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security policy administrator: Hi, I need to enable the Windows Defender on my computer. How do I do That? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-policy-administrator/cdf6bd2b-5e9e-4577-88a1-ddaa8b361629
  4. Are proxies able to bypass policies set by the administrator (Chrome)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are proxies able to bypass policies set by the administrator (Chrome): I'm curious if anyone in my workspace can bypass policies I set such as "URLBlacklist" by using a proxy. submitted by /u/MrFlamethrower [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g4onwu/are_proxies_able_to_bypass_policies_set_by_the/
  5. Tech/help - "This disk is offline because it has a signature collision with another disk...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tech/help - "This disk is offline because it has a signature collision with another disk...: So one of my SSDs was throwing up this error when looking at its status in the Disk management tool. I followed the instructions here (below) to try and fix it, but now whenever I plug the drive in via USB (regardless of computer; I tried it on my laptop as well) it BSODs...
  6. Local group policy windows settings and administrative templates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local group policy windows settings and administrative templates: When I check local group policy editor, there are user and computer configurations. There are also software settings, windows settings, and administrative templates. My questions : What are the difference between windows settings and administrative templates ? Why...
  7. The disk is offline because of policy set by an administrator

in Windows 10 News
    The disk is offline because of policy set by an administrator: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The error occurs majorly in two scenarios. First is when restoring a guest virtual machine from a snapshot, and second when there are same disk identifiers when connecting an additional disk to the system. In this post, we will share [...] This post The disk...
  8. Disk offline because it has signature collision with another disk online

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk offline because it has signature collision with another disk online: Hi everyone. I recently clone my Operating System WIndows 10 from my Hard drive to Samsung 970 Evo Plus m.2 NVME using Samsung Migration, however in disk management the new SSD is offline with the following notification "Disk offline because it has signature collision with...
  9. this disk is offline because of a policy set by an administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    this disk is offline because of a policy set by an administrator: This is new : ) Plugged in an external 2TB USB drive that I have had no problem accessing before. No new updates no new programs installed since the last time I used it. Hard Disk Sentinel does show bad sectors but the app has been showing this message for over a year now...
  10. The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation

in Windows 10 Customization
    The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation: I bought a new Lenovo laptop just last week. I have started college this week and need to install a program from the college to attend webinars as part of the course. When I first downloaded the program, it was blocked by Smart Screen, which I was able to disable with some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the disk is offline policy set administrator

2. the disk is offline because of policy

3. disk is offline because of policy

4. disk is offline policy set by administrator,
  5. this disk is offline because of policy set by,
  6. the disk is offline because of a policy,
  7. disk offline policy set by administrator,
  8. disk is offline,
  9. disk offline,
  10. this disk is offline because of a policy,
  11. disk offline because of policy,