Windows 10: This driver update was pushed to me today. Now what is it?

Discus and support This driver update was pushed to me today. Now what is it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi - I went to Update & Security and clicked on Check for Updates. A very quick one was pushed. It's listed under Driver Updates but I can't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Compumind, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Compumind Win User

This driver update was pushed to me today. Now what is it?

Hi -

I went to Update & Security and clicked on Check for Updates.
    A very quick one was pushed.

It's listed under Driver Updates but I can't seem to easily find out what it is, since the link is dead.

http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx

Please take a look at the Screenshot and tell me where else I can look.
    Google is not my friend on this one.

This driver update was pushed to me today. Now what is it? [​IMG]

Thanks. *chuckle

:)

Compumind, Jan 3, 2019

2. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 3, 2019
  3. ANUoldman Win User
    PocketMSN does not push hotmail

• it appears to me that PocketMSN is a bridge to Windows Live as WM5 doesn't have it...
    • there is no option to resync every 15 minutes
    • no push email as advertised by PocketMSN (email update in real time)
    • WM6 update is due out in about 2 months for Blackjack on ATT / Cingular with Windows Live...
    • Microsoft support hasn't responded in days
    • product doesn't work as advertised
    I'm AOK with trying anything somebody can suggest to resolve this... my steps have been:

- hard reinstall of WM5, then install subscribe to and install PocketMSN

ANUoldman, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Mikki78 Win User

Stop Windows 10 Version Upgrade to 1709 push

Well, I followed the instructions for Show/Hide Updates and Windows 1709 is not in that list. I had deleted the executable file, deleted the shortcut and the upgrade still started to push today, then places a new icon on my desktop as well as a new executable
    file.

Any other suggestions. So frustrating,

Mikki78, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. This driver update was pushed to me today. Now what is it? - Similar Threads - driver update was

2. Why does Microsoft deny me the choice of what updates to install, then pushes an update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft deny me the choice of what updates to install, then pushes an update...: The latest and 1st update of 2024 for Microsoft Windows 10 64 bit is broken. It is difficult to download, and IF it downloads, it won't load. While I don't have technical details, I can tell you that since this aberration was pushed on consumers five days ago, I now...
  3. Why does Microsoft deny me the choice of what updates to install, then pushes an update...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft deny me the choice of what updates to install, then pushes an update...: The latest and 1st update of 2024 for Microsoft Windows 10 64 bit is broken. It is difficult to download, and IF it downloads, it won't load. While I don't have technical details, I can tell you that since this aberration was pushed on consumers five days ago, I now...
  4. Why does Microsoft deny me the choice of what updates to install, then pushes an update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. No audio as of today, what happened to the Realtek driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio as of today, what happened to the Realtek driver?: Had good audio levels through Realtek yesterday, now nothing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek driver - nothing. Now have the NVidea driver installed but it's not doing anything either. This was a major issue last year about this time. What's going on?...
  6. Windows pushing an update that breaks Nvidia drivers!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows pushing an update that breaks Nvidia drivers!: I've been pulling my hair out recently over what I thought was the GPU dying in my laptop but in the past day I have found out its driver related. Basically the issue is that my GPU would stop working and "disappear" from my laptop when it would go over ~30% usage Including...
  7. Meet Today's Update Now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Meet Today's Update Now: Interestingly enough, where it was suggested I should have seen the Meet Now icon in the Sys Tray, already... it has appeared since today's Optional Update. Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  8. Hardware vendors can now push manual driver updates via Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hardware vendors can now push manual driver updates via Windows Update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/doenr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7ap43/hardware_vendors_can_now_push_manual_driver/
  9. This driver update was pushed to me today. Now what is it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    This driver update was pushed to me today. Now what is it?: Hi - I went to Update & Security and clicked on Check for Updates. A very quick one was pushed. It's listed under Driver Updates but I can't seem to easily find out what it is, since the link is dead. http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx Please take a look at...
  10. MS pushed an update and now what?!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS pushed an update and now what?!: So prior to today i had no problems with the functionability of my laptop, but when i turned it on i was forced into an update screen and by the time it was done my whole operating system (i think?) has been wiped and i literally cannot do ANYTHING!! I dont know what to do, I...