Windows 10: This file came from another computer and maybe blocked to proect this computer. Unblock,...

Discus and support This file came from another computer and maybe blocked to proect this computer. Unblock,... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [IMG] I would very much appreciate if someone could give me a clear decisive solution that solves my issue and are able to explain it in layman's... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GerryMcDermott, Apr 11, 2020.

1. This file came from another computer and maybe blocked to proect this computer. Unblock,...

This file came from another computer and maybe blocked to proect this computer. Unblock,... [​IMG]

I would very much appreciate if someone could give me a clear decisive solution that solves my issue and are able to explain it in layman's terms, although i consider myself someone who is a capable, quick to resolve most issues on the various windows platforms over the years. Self taught, generally happy to plaud along eventually with perserverene, rewarded and come across while reading through many forums dealing with technical issues on windows, and in time able to resolve and move past most issues. However I will admit my weakness generally is associated to issues that are related to attributes, permissions, and registry errors. So with the enclosed picture showing this issue I've only come across across for the first time in using windows since 1997, could I humbly call upon one of you experts please to very simply outline the solution to get rid of this annoying feature in the properties of files when downloading.

I don't seem to be having problems opening the file once downloaded, but unless I tick the box to unblock, I doseem to have issues sharing or uploading elsewhere, forwarding by email, or even copying to another folder until the box is ticked and clicking the apply button. I had searched this issue a few times, unfortunately the threads are all very old, and locked and i was unable to follow any previous posted solutions. There was someone who suggested , try go to run and type in 'gpedit.msc', which I did give a go, but got the message 'windows can not find gpedit.msc, please make sure you typed in correctly etc' ..... and that I made sure as well, but to no avail. I'm sure there's one of you progamer's or advanced users that could solve this for me?

i look forward to your wisdom and expertise.

Regards,

G. mcDermott

:)

GerryMcDermott, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

This file came from another computer and might be blocked?

It says 'might be blocked', not 'always blocked'. Depends on what it is and what you try to do with it - opening a text file is unlikely to be blocked, but running a .exe may well be. You downloaded it so as a precaution it's marked as 'came from another computer'. It's easy enough to remove the blocking if you trust the file to be safe.

Unblock File in Windows 10

3. Secrios Win User
    This file came from another computer and might be blocked?

I recently found out that some of the files around my computer have the following message in their properties, "This file came from another computer and might be blocked".

Does this mean that these files are slower to load or even impossible to access in some contexts? I can open these files like any other but if this feature is blocking their potential in some way, I'd like to know.

What does this all mean?

Secrios, Apr 11, 2020
  4. farby Win User

This file came from another computer and maybe blocked to proect this computer. Unblock,...

Unblocking a blocked number

Go to settings-->call+SMS filter-->blocked numbers.. In the list that appears, long press on the one you want to unblock and select 'unblock' ..

farby, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

This file came from another computer and maybe blocked to proect this computer. Unblock,...

1. This file came from another computer and maybe blocked to proect this computer. Unblock,... - Similar Threads - file came another

2. How to turn off blocking files from another computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off blocking files from another computer.: I am an artist and professional photographer I transfer 100 of picture files from one windows 10 Computer to another to edit and post. Widows blocks these files so editing and posting are very problematic. How do I stop windows 10 from doing this. Both machines are mine and I...
  3. How to turn off blocking files from another computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off blocking files from another computer.: I am an artist and professional photographer I transfer 100 of picture files from one windows 10 Computer to another to edit and post. Widows blocks these files so editing and posting are very problematic. How do I stop windows 10 from doing this. Both machines are mine and I...
  4. This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer

in Windows 10 News
    This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer: If you have a file on your computer that may have been downloaded from the internet or copied from some other computer, then when you try to open it, you may receive a warning. Windows has blocked access to this file. If you see its Properties, you may see a message...
  5. "This file came from another computer..." warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "This file came from another computer..." warning: I recently noticed that all my downloads over the last couple years are tagged with the warning "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer". After researching I found advice that it might be a corrupted user and is something that...
  6. Locally created files get "This file came from another computer..." warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locally created files get "This file came from another computer..." warning: I think the title says it all. I recently took a couple of screenshots using Snip & Sketch. After saving the screenshots and opening their file properties I noticed that they had the "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer"...
  7. How To Disable This File came from Another Computer and might be Blocked and not lose the...

How To Disable This File came from Another Computer and might be Blocked and not lose the...: Context: A few days ago this computer decided to start displaying an error when opening word and probably excel file, I haven't checked yet stating "Word experienced an error trying to open the file. Try these suggestions. * Check the file permissions for the document or...
  8. How To Disable ( This File came from Another Computer and might be Blocked)

How To Disable ( This File came from Another Computer and might be Blocked): So how to disable that . U guys say that just check unblock button and fone but if i i ha too many files what can i do and yes i dont need powershell option and any third party option . And i accidentally installed one app before unbloking it .now my task manger regedit cmd...
  9. This file came from another computer and might be blocked?

in Windows 10 Support
    This file came from another computer and might be blocked?: I recently found out that some of the files around my computer have the following message in their properties, "This file came from another computer and might be blocked". Does this mean that these files are slower to load or even impossible to access in some contexts? I...
  10. Windows 10 Home. Disable this file came from another computer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home. Disable this file came from another computer.: I am just going to say up front that I don't have the Pro version of Windows 10 so I have no Group Policy Editor otherwise I would have fixed this problem in less than a minute instead of wasting over a hour trying to fix this. I want to disable this on the screenshot for...