Windows 10: This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer

Discus and support This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you have a file on your computer that may have been downloaded from the internet or copied from some other computer, then when you try to open it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 10, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer

If you have a file on your computer that may have been downloaded from the internet or copied from some other computer, then when you try to open it, you may receive a warning. Windows has blocked access to this file. If you see its Properties, you may see a message displayed: This file came […]

This article This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 10, 2021
  2. Secrios Win User

This file came from another computer and might be blocked?

The thing is I can open the files fine but why does it insist that the files are "blocked".

Secrios, Apr 10, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
  4. Secrios Win User

This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer

This file came from another computer and might be blocked?

I recently found out that some of the files around my computer have the following message in their properties, "This file came from another computer and might be blocked".

Does this mean that these files are slower to load or even impossible to access in some contexts? I can open these files like any other but if this feature is blocking their potential in some way, I'd like to know.

What does this all mean?

Secrios, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

1. This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer - Similar Threads - file came another

2. How to turn off blocking files from another computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off blocking files from another computer.: I am an artist and professional photographer I transfer 100 of picture files from one windows 10 Computer to another to edit and post. Widows blocks these files so editing and posting are very problematic. How do I stop windows 10 from doing this. Both machines are mine and I...
  3. How to turn off blocking files from another computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off blocking files from another computer.: I am an artist and professional photographer I transfer 100 of picture files from one windows 10 Computer to another to edit and post. Widows blocks these files so editing and posting are very problematic. How do I stop windows 10 from doing this. Both machines are mine and I...
  4. "This file came from another computer..." warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "This file came from another computer..." warning: I recently noticed that all my downloads over the last couple years are tagged with the warning "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer". After researching I found advice that it might be a corrupted user and is something that...
  5. Locally created files get "This file came from another computer..." warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locally created files get "This file came from another computer..." warning: I think the title says it all. I recently took a couple of screenshots using Snip & Sketch. After saving the screenshots and opening their file properties I noticed that they had the "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer"...
  6. How To Disable This File came from Another Computer and might be Blocked and not lose the...

How To Disable This File came from Another Computer and might be Blocked and not lose the...: Context: A few days ago this computer decided to start displaying an error when opening word and probably excel file, I haven't checked yet stating "Word experienced an error trying to open the file. Try these suggestions. * Check the file permissions for the document or...
  7. This file came from another computer and maybe blocked to proect this computer. Unblock,...

This file came from another computer and maybe blocked to proect this computer. Unblock,...: [IMG] I would very much appreciate if someone could give me a clear decisive solution that solves my issue and are able to explain it in layman's terms, although i consider myself someone who is a capable, quick to resolve most issues on the various windows platforms...
  8. How To Disable ( This File came from Another Computer and might be Blocked)

How To Disable ( This File came from Another Computer and might be Blocked): So how to disable that . U guys say that just check unblock button and fone but if i i ha too many files what can i do and yes i dont need powershell option and any third party option . And i accidentally installed one app before unbloking it .now my task manger regedit cmd...
  9. This file came from another computer and might be blocked?

in Windows 10 Support
    This file came from another computer and might be blocked?: I recently found out that some of the files around my computer have the following message in their properties, "This file came from another computer and might be blocked". Does this mean that these files are slower to load or even impossible to access in some contexts? I...
  10. Windows 10 Home. Disable this file came from another computer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home. Disable this file came from another computer.: I am just going to say up front that I don't have the Pro version of Windows 10 so I have no Group Policy Editor otherwise I would have fixed this problem in less than a minute instead of wasting over a hour trying to fix this. I want to disable this on the screenshot for...