Windows 10: "This file can't be previewed." When trying to preview Excel files with Windows 10 file...

Discus and support "This file can't be previewed." When trying to preview Excel files with Windows 10 file... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've had a service ticket for this before, but the problem has NEVER been fixed. ALL of the readable instructions and ideas have been done. Problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TimothyGoins, Mar 16, 2020.

1. "This file can't be previewed." When trying to preview Excel files with Windows 10 file...

I've had a service ticket for this before, but the problem has NEVER been fixed.

ALL of the readable instructions and ideas have been done.

Problem still exists.

Look my case up BEFORE responding.

I have NO time to waste, re-inventing the wheel, so to speak.

:)

TimothyGoins, Mar 16, 2020

2. Previewing files

Hello DE906,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the PDF viewer that you're using?

Meanwhile, if you're using Adobe Acrobat; I'd recommend performing the steps in this
    article
    to enable thumbnail preview of PDF's in Windows Explorer.

Also, you can check this article
    for the .docx issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Preview Pane in Explorer No Longer Working with Excel Files

System Parameters:

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803 OS Build 17134.345 64 bit

Excel for Office 365 MOS (16.0.1129_20045) 32 bit

Issue:

Windows/Excel recently updated. Presumably, this was done to "fix" a problem (which reminds me of when I "fixed" my pet).

Now, when I look at a list of files in Windows Explorer, the "Preview" pane will no longer preview excel files; and if I leave the "Preview" pane open, the computer hangs.

Need help with making the preview function of explorer work again with excel files. Any takers?

user wishing her company would use linux, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

"This file can't be previewed." When trying to preview Excel files with Windows 10 file...

Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

"This file can't be previewed." When trying to preview Excel files with Windows 10 file...

1. "This file can't be previewed." When trying to preview Excel files with Windows 10 file... - Similar Threads - file can't previewed

2. This File Can't Be Previewed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This File Can't Be Previewed: All of a sudden, my previews stopped working in Explorer. They were working just fine, so not sure if an update messed it up or not. I know I didn't change anything. Pictures will show, but not documents Word, Excel, etc.. I've been sitting here for over an hour Googling and...
  3. This File Can't Be Previewed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This File Can't Be Previewed: All of a sudden, my previews stopped working in Explorer. They were working just fine, so not sure if an update messed it up or not. I know I didn't change anything. Pictures will show, but not documents Word, Excel, etc.. I've been sitting here for over an hour Googling and...
  4. This File Can't Be Previewed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to preview Excel files on File Explorer

Unable to preview Excel files on File Explorer: A user of ours who has Windows 10 Pro is unable to preview Excel files on the File explorer. She is able to preview Notes, Word documents, PDF's, Photos exccept Excel.Please advise as soon as possible. I have followed and viewed several articles everything has been done and...
  6. Unable to preview Excel files on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to preview Excel files on File Explorer: A user of ours who has Windows 10 Pro is unable to preview Excel files on the File explorer. She is able to preview Notes, Word documents, PDF's, Photos exccept Excel.Please advise as soon as possible. I have followed and viewed several articles everything has been done and...
  7. Unable to preview Excel files on File Explorer

8. File Explorer will not preview Excel documents.

File Explorer will not preview Excel documents.: I am running Windows 11 with all updates and Office 365. File explorer will preview all documents word, pdf, etc EXCEPT Excel files. Set up a Temporary User account and Excel previewer works! How do I determine the difference between the Temporary User account and my Lip505...
  9. Previewing Excel files in File Explorer

Previewing Excel files in File Explorer: I use the Windows File Explorer extensively. I like being able to preview files and can readily do so with Word and PDF files. However, I can't do so with Excel files. Is there anyway to add this capability?...
  10. why can't i preview excel files in win10 file explorer?

why can't i preview excel files in win10 file explorer?: why can't i preview excel files in explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-preview-excel-files-in-win10-file/b8c3cd60-1e02-4a51-b479-0810d7d75a2d