Windows 10: "This file does not have an app associated" message during recovery disk creation. Does it...

Discus and support "This file does not have an app associated" message during recovery disk creation. Does it... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on a laptop and then went to create a recovery disk. Very early on in the process I twice got the message "This file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zannaz, Jun 23, 2019.

1. zannaz Win User

"This file does not have an app associated" message during recovery disk creation. Does it...

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on a laptop and then went to create a recovery disk. Very early on in the process I twice got the message "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install ... <we know how this one goes on> ..." I closed both message windows and the recovery disk creation process completed quite happily.

Since I have absolutely no idea what files were involved (why, for pity's sake, does the message not identify the file type?) can anyone tell me if this is likely to render the recovery disk useless?

On the occasions when I have seen this message before I have known exactly what type of file I was trying to open. Note I was deliberately not doing anything else at all on the machine at the same time. Yes there are a number of file types on my machine which do not have apps associated with them, but how come Windows recovery would be wanting files which don't have an app associated?

:)

zannaz, Jun 23, 2019

2. Windows recovery disk creation

I want to know about a topic on windows 10 recovery disk creation. Before some weeks I have updated my windows 10 to latest. I have created a recovery disk. The problem is that what type of recovery disk it is - this is my updated windows 10 recovery disk
    or factory windows 10 recovery disk. Please give me a suggestion.....

Thank you....

Ashwini Prajapati, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Jess Can Win User
    Initial recovery disk creation cancels

Hi,

From the description, it appears that you are having issues with media creation tool. To further assist you, we would like to know:

1. Are you getting any messages when trying to create a recovery back-up?

2. Have you tried reformatting the USB flash disk?

To begin with, we recommend running the Windows app troubleshooter. This will automatically scan your system for errors and will attempt to correct them if any- will be found. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Go to Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.

We look forward to your feedback regarding this matter.

Jess Can, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Pinchy Win User

"This file does not have an app associated" message during recovery disk creation. Does it...

XP disk versus Laptop Recovery Disk?

Recovery disks are just OEM copies of XP disks. Ie, they can have things such as the companys logo within the files.

If you got a normal XP disk you cant use it. The only way your dads copy of XP will activate is if your normal XP copy is OEM, unless you use the recovery disk.

I always use the recovery disks. Works just like a normal copy *Smile "This file does not have an app associated" message during recovery disk creation. Does it... :). Plus with the recovery disks you dont need the serial key as I *think* its embedded into the files on the disk. Just need to activate windows once on the net *Wink "This file does not have an app associated" message during recovery disk creation. Does it... ;).

Pinchy, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

1. "This file does not have an app associated" message during recovery disk creation. Does it... - Similar Threads - file does app

2. File does not have an app associated error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File does not have an app associated error: This has been an on & off almost daily issue where, at random times, no new apps can be opened, the taskbar and start menu stop working, etc. Attempting to open any app or file will give the error: "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....
  3. File does not have an app associated error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File does not have an app associated error: This has been an on & off almost daily issue where, at random times, no new apps can be opened, the taskbar and start menu stop working, etc. Attempting to open any app or file will give the error: "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....
  4. File does not have an app associated error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. This file does not have an app associated with it. HELP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This file does not have an app associated with it. HELP!: Hi , I'm trying to download a zip file from Google Docs to my comp. But everytime it finishes downloading I get an error message saying "this app does not have a file associated with it for performing this action...." Can you please tell me what I'm missing?...
  6. This file does not have an app associated with it. HELP!

This file does not have an app associated with it. HELP!: Hi , I'm trying to download a zip file from Google Docs to my comp. But everytime it finishes downloading I get an error message saying "this app does not have a file associated with it for performing this action...." Can you please tell me what I'm missing?...
  7. this file does not have an app associated with it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    this file does not have an app associated with it: I just bought a brand new pc. And I'm trying to download a file and it keeps saying "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install an app, or if one is installed, create an association in the default apps setting page." Is there...
  8. Keep getting this message: "This file does not have an app associated with it for...

Keep getting this message: "This file does not have an app associated with it for...: "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Settings page." I get this message when accessing files using the search bar in the taskbar, or using...
  9. File does not have an app associated with it

File does not have an app associated with it: I installed an application today to try to open an .RAL file a client sent me. It was supposed to be a data file but I couldn't open it and wanted to see it so I installed a trail version of WinRail. It still couldn't open it, so I tried to uninstall WinRail. I am getting...
  10. This file does not have an app associated with it

This file does not have an app associated with it: The early August update (at least that is when it f*cked my machine) changed a lot of stuff Is use regularly. The worst problem for me is that the .PAR2 files have a different icon then before which prevents using the .PAR2 files from doing there checking of the down loaded...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this file does not have an app aassociated

2. drive does not have an app associated

3. the file does not have an app associated

4. THIS APP DOES NOT HAVE AN ASSOCIATED APP ASSOCIATED WITH THIS APP,
  5. the file does not have an app associated when trying to download a mod,
  6. this file does not have an app associated,
  7. this file does not have an app associated disk drive,
  8. This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or if one is already installed create an association in the default apps settings page,
  9. this file does not have an app associated with it performing this action please install an app or if only ready installed create an association in the default apps setting page