Windows 10: "This file does not have an app associated" message during recovery disk creation. Does it...

Discus and support "This file does not have an app associated" message during recovery disk creation. Does it... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on a laptop and then went to create a recovery disk. Very early on in the process I twice got the message "This file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zannaz, Jun 23, 2019.

1. zannaz Win User

"This file does not have an app associated" message during recovery disk creation. Does it...

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on a laptop and then went to create a recovery disk. Very early on in the process I twice got the message "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install ... <we know how this one goes on> ..." I closed both message windows and the recovery disk creation process completed quite happily.

Since I have absolutely no idea what files were involved (why, for pity's sake, does the message not identify the file type?) can anyone tell me if this is likely to render the recovery disk useless?

On the occasions when I have seen this message before I have known exactly what type of file I was trying to open. Note I was deliberately not doing anything else at all on the machine at the same time. Yes there are a number of file types on my machine which do not have apps associated with them, but how come Windows recovery would be wanting files which don't have an app associated?

:)

zannaz, Jun 23, 2019

2. Windows recovery disk creation

I want to know about a topic on windows 10 recovery disk creation. Before some weeks I have updated my windows 10 to latest. I have created a recovery disk. The problem is that what type of recovery disk it is - this is my updated windows 10 recovery disk
    or factory windows 10 recovery disk. Please give me a suggestion.....

Thank you....

Ashwini Prajapati, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Jess Can Win User
    Initial recovery disk creation cancels

Hi,

From the description, it appears that you are having issues with media creation tool. To further assist you, we would like to know:

1. Are you getting any messages when trying to create a recovery back-up?

2. Have you tried reformatting the USB flash disk?

To begin with, we recommend running the Windows app troubleshooter. This will automatically scan your system for errors and will attempt to correct them if any- will be found. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Go to Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.

We look forward to your feedback regarding this matter.

Jess Can, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Pinchy Win User

"This file does not have an app associated" message during recovery disk creation. Does it...

XP disk versus Laptop Recovery Disk?

Recovery disks are just OEM copies of XP disks. Ie, they can have things such as the companys logo within the files.

If you got a normal XP disk you cant use it. The only way your dads copy of XP will activate is if your normal XP copy is OEM, unless you use the recovery disk.

I always use the recovery disks. Works just like a normal copy *Smile "This file does not have an app associated" message during recovery disk creation. Does it... :). Plus with the recovery disks you dont need the serial key as I *think* its embedded into the files on the disk. Just need to activate windows once on the net *Wink "This file does not have an app associated" message during recovery disk creation. Does it... ;).

Pinchy, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

1. "This file does not have an app associated" message during recovery disk creation. Does it... - Similar Threads - file does app

2. ms-settings:display "This file does not have an app associated"

in Windows 10 Customization
    ms-settings:display "This file does not have an app associated": I right click desktop and choose 'DisplaySettings' and get this error [ATTACH] I am able to access Display Settings by opening Settings. Just can't right click desk top. right clicking desktop is more convenient. Can you please help me associate the correct application...
  3. How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....: How to fix below errror: This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page. Screenshot of error: [ATTACH] PC Info: Microsoft...
  4. this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action . Please...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action . Please...: "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action . Please install an app or, if one is already installed , create an association in the default apps settings page." Hi the above message appears when I attempt to open a certain page on a poker...
  5. Windows App won't install, says "this file does not have a program associated with it for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows App won't install, says "this file does not have a program associated with it for...: There's other threads on this error, but none deal with the installing of an app from the store. I click the blue 'Get' button to install the app (a simple game app) and it pops the error. I cannot see what file it is trying to open, so I cannot see what associations are...
  6. This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please...

This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please...: I am getting this message omn Windows 10. Is there a spercific resolution? I see hundreds of guesses but not one actual answer. How could that be? Thank you in advance for a specific answer. Robert Lorbeer *** Email address is removed for privacy *** This file does...
  7. Flash drives open, but keep getting "this file does not have an app associated....."

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash drives open, but keep getting "this file does not have an app associated.....": Windows 10, HP laptop f:\ This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app, or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page. All I'm doing is inserting the flash drive into the USB...
  8. Locked out of Administrator, "file does not have a program associated"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out of Administrator, "file does not have a program associated": I was attempting to change the User administrator name so that it reflected a new windows explorer file path. When my SO set up the machine, she set the user name as "Mike & Steph". Well, this is now in the file path for all of our files and I work with software where no...
  9. Run as administrator -> This file does not have a program associated..

in Windows 10 Support
    Run as administrator -> This file does not have a program associated..: There seems to be a permanent "Run as administrator" entry in my right-click context menu. If I click on this for anything but an executable or shortcut to an executable, Windows 10 throws the below error, even if I do have a program associated with the file type. [img]...
  10. Does recovery disk save personal folders and files

Does recovery disk save personal folders and files: I got a new windows 10 laptop a few weeks ago and I'm belatedly getting around to creating a system recovery disk on usb. I'm intending to use the standard windows 10 option 'create a recovery drive'. Someone mentioned that among other things this would be useful if I ever...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or if one is already installed create an association in the default apps settings page

2. this file does not have an app associated with it performing this action please install an app or if only ready installed create an association in the default apps setting page