Windows 10: "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action... Regarding...

Discus and support "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action... Regarding... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have an old DVD containing media on it. I recently bought a external optical drive and have been using it without issues. I put the DVD in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ErikTCG, Jan 1, 2020.

1. ErikTCG Win User

"This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action... Regarding...

Hello,

I have an old DVD containing media on it. I recently bought a external optical drive and have been using it without issues. I put the DVD in the drive and waited while it read it. Once it appeared to have finished I double clicked on the file in an attempt to open it and access the media. Upon doing this I got a message saying "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page." I did a system file scan and there are no issues there. "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action... Regarding... 73c59712-2d17-4c06-91a9-07de82eac1fd?upload=true.png "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action... Regarding... f97494cf-3d99-4b67-82e1-39416b00b889?upload=true.png

:)

ErikTCG, Jan 1, 2020

2. When clicking the files getting error that the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.

Hello,

I understand that when you try to open the file, you are prompted that the files does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. We will certainly help you.

• What file are you trying to open?
    This issue is caused if the file is not associated with any of the application or program to open it.

If those files are the pictures as I can see that you are trying to access the picture folder. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue resolves.

• Right click on the file and select Open with.
    • Select Photo App or Photo Gallery.
    • Double click and check if you are able to open that file.
    Keep us posted if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 1, 2020
  3. jalea148 Win User
    there is no email program associated to perform the requested action

I'm sure what you mean re User Accounts what is listed under Mail. There were no mail references. Same with Set defaults by app.
    "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action... Regarding... [​IMG]

jalea148, Jan 1, 2020
  4. "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action... Regarding...

the file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install an app

Hello

When I want to open an app, on my taskbar, I get an error message "the file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install an app".

It's pretty annoying, anyone got any idea what the issue might be?

~Benjamin

BenjaminBroen, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

"This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action... Regarding...

1. "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action... Regarding... - Similar Threads - file does app

2. This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action: Very recently and very suddenly, whenever I try to play Sims 4 bought through Steam I get this error message - This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the...
  3. This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action: Very recently and very suddenly, whenever I try to play Sims 4 bought through Steam I get this error message - This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the...
  4. This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.: This problem started after I formatted my backup drive and set it up for automatic backups again for a fresh backup. The error message does not show a file name just a drive letter and it happens with 2 different drives. The message keeps popping up while I am working on...
  5. This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.

This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.: This problem started after I formatted my backup drive and set it up for automatic backups again for a fresh backup. The error message does not show a file name just a drive letter and it happens with 2 different drives. The message keeps popping up while I am working on...
  6. This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action": Every time i attempt to download a specific file.dll it says I have no associated app to install the .dll file. I dont know how to fix this, as i have multiple unzip apps, and none of the aps on this pc have the option in app defaults to unzip/install a .dll file. Can anyone...
  8. "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action": Every time i attempt to download a specific file.dll it says I have no associated app to install the .dll file. I dont know how to fix this, as i have multiple unzip apps, and none of the aps on this pc have the option in app defaults to unzip/install a .dll file. Can anyone...
  9. "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action"

10. This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action......

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action......: I am so sick of this error! I've googled the the **** out of this and none of the proposed solutions worked.I have tried:1. the isStartup registry edit - those keys were already present2. SFC /Scannow3. DISM 4. reset default programsThis does NOT happen when i click on a...