Windows 10: this file does not have an app associated with it

Discus and support this file does not have an app associated with it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just bought a brand new pc. And I'm trying to download a file and it keeps saying "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cryptic-man69, Sep 6, 2020.

1. this file does not have an app associated with it

I just bought a brand new pc. And I'm trying to download a file and it keeps saying "this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install an app, or if one is installed, create an association in the default apps setting page." Is there any way is the issue can be resolved?

submitted by /u/cryptic-man69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cryptic-man69, Sep 6, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Edwin, Sep 6, 2020
  4. this file does not have an app associated with it

When clicking the files getting error that the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.

Hello,

I understand that when you try to open the file, you are prompted that the files does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. We will certainly help you.

• What file are you trying to open?
    This issue is caused if the file is not associated with any of the application or program to open it.

If those files are the pictures as I can see that you are trying to access the picture folder. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue resolves.

• Right click on the file and select Open with.
    • Select Photo App or Photo Gallery.
    • Double click and check if you are able to open that file.
    Keep us posted if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

this file does not have an app associated with it

1. this file does not have an app associated with it - Similar Threads - file does app

2. This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action: Very recently and very suddenly, whenever I try to play Sims 4 bought through Steam I get this error message - This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the...
  3. File does not have an app associated error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File does not have an app associated error: This has been an on & off almost daily issue where, at random times, no new apps can be opened, the taskbar and start menu stop working, etc. Attempting to open any app or file will give the error: "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....
  4. File does not have an app associated error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File does not have an app associated error: This has been an on & off almost daily issue where, at random times, no new apps can be opened, the taskbar and start menu stop working, etc. Attempting to open any app or file will give the error: "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....
  5. File does not have an app associated error

6. This file does not have an app associated with it. HELP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This file does not have an app associated with it. HELP!: Hi , I'm trying to download a zip file from Google Docs to my comp. But everytime it finishes downloading I get an error message saying "this app does not have a file associated with it for performing this action...." Can you please tell me what I'm missing?...
  7. This file does not have an app associated with it. HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This file does not have an app associated with it. HELP!: Hi , I'm trying to download a zip file from Google Docs to my comp. But everytime it finishes downloading I get an error message saying "this app does not have a file associated with it for performing this action...." Can you please tell me what I'm missing?...
  8. This file does not have an app associated with it. HELP!

9. File does not have an app associated with it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File does not have an app associated with it: I installed an application today to try to open an .RAL file a client sent me. It was supposed to be a data file but I couldn't open it and wanted to see it so I installed a trail version of WinRail. It still couldn't open it, so I tried to uninstall WinRail. I am getting...
  10. This file does not have an app associated with it

This file does not have an app associated with it: The early August update (at least that is when it f*cked my machine) changed a lot of stuff Is use regularly. The worst problem for me is that the .PAR2 files have a different icon then before which prevents using the .PAR2 files from doing there checking of the down loaded...