Windows 10: "This Folder Can't Be Moved Here" When Trying To Move Default Folder

Discus and support "This Folder Can't Be Moved Here" When Trying To Move Default Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; By default folder I mean documents folder, downloads folder, pictures folder, videos folder, etc. A new Windows update (21H1) automatically installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aaronth07, Jul 9, 2021.

1. aaronth07 Win User

"This Folder Can't Be Moved Here" When Trying To Move Default Folder

By default folder I mean documents folder, downloads folder, pictures folder, videos folder, etc. A new Windows update (21H1) automatically installed on my system and reset every single one of my settings to default, including the location of these folders. Since my C drive is an extremely small SSD (128GB), I try to move everything I can off of there. So having these folders on the C drive is extremely problematic. All of my testing that i'll be referencing has been on my videos folder, but all other default folders have the same issues. I have tried merging my old videos folder with the new one (by moving the videos folder on my C drive through the location tab), and also creating a new folder, but neither one has worked. They all give me the same error: Any ideas on what I can do? OS version: 21h1 (Build 19043.1081)

:)

aaronth07, Jul 9, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused "This Folder Can't Be Moved Here" When Trying To Move Default Folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well "This Folder Can't Be Moved Here" When Trying To Move Default Folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 9, 2021
  3. WojtasRed Win User
    Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Jul 9, 2021
  4. "This Folder Can't Be Moved Here" When Trying To Move Default Folder

Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

"This Folder Can't Be Moved Here" When Trying To Move Default Folder

1. "This Folder Can't Be Moved Here" When Trying To Move Default Folder - Similar Threads - Folder Can't Moved

2. Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.: So, I've quit OneDrive, and I want to move my "Documents" folder to the default location, but for some reason, it doesn't let me. It tells me this message: "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.Access is denied ".I've...
  3. Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move the folder "Documents" to default location.: So, I've quit OneDrive, and I want to move my "Documents" folder to the default location, but for some reason, it doesn't let me. It tells me this message: "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.Access is denied ".I've...
  4. Move Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Folder: I had moved folders such as those of 'One Drive', 'Google Drive' and '.pst files folder of MS outlook', to another drive without any issues so far.Now I want to move the data folder, including downloads, of 'WhatsApp' desktop to another drive.I always use WhatsApp desktop...
  5. Move Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Folder: I had moved folders such as those of 'One Drive', 'Google Drive' and '.pst files folder of MS outlook', to another drive without any issues so far.Now I want to move the data folder, including downloads, of 'WhatsApp' desktop to another drive.I always use WhatsApp desktop...
  6. moving folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    moving folders: This is no doubt an easy, perhaps even stupid, question. I want to move a very large folder pictures from the small C drive on my computer to the D drive, which is much larger. With windows 10 and previous iterations of windows, this was easy; there was an option on the...
  7. How to move the default Screenshots folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move the default Screenshots folder: On my Windows 10 Professional, the default folder where screenshots are saved when I press Prt Sc is C:\Users\xxx\OneDrive\Public\Pictures. I did not set this up. Windows one day just decided to use this folder. C:\Users\xxx\OneDrive\Public\Pictures is not a Library folder....
  8. Can't move folder location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't move folder location: Hi, I recently sync with Onedrive. When I noticed that all my onedrive folders mixed with my local documents on my PC, I unlinked it and uninstalled it. >However, my documents folder is now C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Documents. >I clicked on restore default button which is the...
  9. Can't move or rename folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move or rename folders: When I try to move or rename a folder I get Can't find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name. It seems that right-clicking would tell windows where the folder is. When I make a new folder it comes as Folder 1, Folder 2 etc. When I...
  10. Can't rename or move folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't rename or move folders: Hello, After installing KB3124200 & KB3116900 updates, I'm no longer able to rename or move folders. When I try, it gives the error "Can't find the specified file". I have done sfc /scannow but it didn't help. Also, I have run default file associations registry files...