Windows 10: This folder won't delete no matter what I try

Discus and support This folder won't delete no matter what I try in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I restored a backup to my desktop and now it won't delete because it has folders like "WindowsApps" inside which won't let me change the permissions to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ls_2012, Jan 23, 2021.

1. This folder won't delete no matter what I try

I restored a backup to my desktop and now it won't delete because it has folders like "WindowsApps" inside which won't let me change the permissions to delete. I keep getting a "You need permission to perform this action" when I try. What Can I do?

submitted by /u/ls_2012
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ls_2012, Jan 23, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused This folder won't delete no matter what I try :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well This folder won't delete no matter what I try :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 23, 2021
  3. AFTommy Win User
    Folder won"t go away

I have a no longer used folder than I cannot delete. I have tried various third party apps to no avain. Any ideas how I can send this folder to "Never Never Land"

This folder won't delete no matter what I try [​IMG]

AFTommy, Jan 23, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

This folder won't delete no matter what I try

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

This folder won't delete no matter what I try

1. This folder won't delete no matter what I try - Similar Threads - folder won't delete

2. 56GB of Temporary internet files, won't delete no matter what.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    56GB of Temporary internet files, won't delete no matter what.: Looking at the storage settings earlier today, i found that my temporary files folder was huge. Most of it is taken up by "Temporary Internet Files", 56.4GBI have tried deleting it several times, and nothing seems to work. It still shows up as 56.4GBHere's what ive tried so...
  3. 56GB of Temporary internet files, won't delete no matter what.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    56GB of Temporary internet files, won't delete no matter what.: Looking at the storage settings earlier today, i found that my temporary files folder was huge. Most of it is taken up by "Temporary Internet Files", 56.4GBI have tried deleting it several times, and nothing seems to work. It still shows up as 56.4GBHere's what ive tried so...
  4. 56GB of Temporary internet files, won't delete no matter what.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't delete files no matter what

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete files no matter what: I cant delete files that I don't want of a few downloads I originally thought it's because they're being used in the background but I can't end them on task manager it says "access denied" I also can't delete them using command prompt idk what to do please help me...
  6. I can't delete files no matter what

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't delete files no matter what: I cant delete files that I don't want of a few downloads I originally thought it's because they're being used in the background but I can't end them on task manager it says "access denied" I also can't delete them using command prompt idk what to do please help me...
  7. Can't change permissions on a folder no matter what I tried.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't change permissions on a folder no matter what I tried.: I've tried all registry edits. I've tried every input to CMD/Powershell I've tried Take Ownership. noting works please help. Change button is greyed out.[IMG]...
  8. No matter what I try, I can NOT delete my recycle bin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No matter what I try, I can NOT delete my recycle bin: This seems to be a very specific issue and I’m not sure anyone will be able to help, but I’ve tried god damn everything and nothing is working, so I’ve come to my last line of help, Reddit. here is my issue I can NOT delete this fucking recycle bin and I’m constantly given a...
  9. Updat is not possible. No matter what i try.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updat is not possible. No matter what i try.: I try to update Windows10 fore months now. But nothing works. Not even the windows10 on a USB and start the computer from the USB stick and repair it from there. If you ask me. I think that my computer is hacked and under control by other poeple. If my computer is in...
  10. Can't delete folder no matter what I do.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't delete folder no matter what I do.: Whilst downloading a third party software, I accidently downloaded a bloatware antivirus. I tried deleting it, and it told me it required permissions from " " to be deleted. After doing tons of steps to change the permissions to my own Account Name, it still tells...