Windows 10: This Freaked Me Out,,..! - Feedback app on my desktop

Discus and support This Freaked Me Out,,..! - Feedback app on my desktop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm not a paranoid individual. I don't chat online and I don't do social media,,, so call me old fashioned or even old. I enjoy my privacy. But I just... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Carl Hinote, Apr 21, 2020.

1. This Freaked Me Out,,..! - Feedback app on my desktop

I'm not a paranoid individual. I don't chat online and I don't do social media,,, so call me old fashioned or even old. I enjoy my privacy. But I just had a visit from the Feedback Hub app. from Microsoft,, directly on my desk top. My microphone was off but I could clearly see it was in operation. and they didnt identify right off. regardless,,, I did not allow access. I immediately had a rush of concern come over me and I didnt know it was a Microsoft app. My first thought was,, Lol,, security breach // VIRUS. But even after I realized what it was I felt that my privacy had been violated. My feedback is set to full in Win10, sending all my diagnostic imfo. to Microsoft. Sure,, I want to help. But after this I'm adjusting my data send to Basic and re-adjusting my privacy settings.

What Do You Think ???,,,,,,..... Lol. Was the camera on too ?

* Original title: This Freaked Me Out,,..!

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

Carl Hinote, Apr 21, 2020

2. Desktop is default on start-up and app closing

Hi Ed,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Please be informed that it is as per the Windows 10 Operating system
    design.

If you wish to access the Start screen similar to Windows 8.1, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open the settings menu.

• Click on Personalization.

• Select Start from the left navigation pane.

• Turn on the Use start full screen.
    After performing above steps, if you click on the Windows button at the top left corner on the desktop screen, you may access the Start screen similar to Windows 8/8.1 Operating system.

If you have any suggestions about Windows 10, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback about Windows 10 in feedback app. So, that it will be helpful for the developers to integrate the changes suggested by you.

Open start menu, type Feedback app in search bar and click on feedback app to open it. Post your suggestions in feedback app.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Feedback App Problem . I have a permanent note on my screen "You'LL NEED A NEW APP TO OPEN THIS FEEDBACK-HUB TO

Hi Ronald,

Corrupted user account is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend resettings Feedback Hub app to help resolve the Feedback App Problem. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Apps, then Apps & feature in the left pane.
    • Locate Feedback Hub, then click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    After resetting the Feedback Hub, observe if the note will still show up. For the Start button issues, we suggest following all the possible solutions in this
    article
    to help resolve the issue.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you further.

Martin Bar, Apr 21, 2020
  4. This Freaked Me Out,,..! - Feedback app on my desktop

Can't take screenshot on Windows Feedback app?

Hi Aprianto,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this. This issue may arise due to Feedback app corruption during upgrade. I suggest you to follow the below given
    methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows store app
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store app.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given method

Method 2:

If issue persist, I suggest you to perform DISM scan and check if the issue is resolved. I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

This Freaked Me Out,,..! - Feedback app on my desktop

1. This Freaked Me Out,,..! - Feedback app on my desktop - Similar Threads - Freaked Feedback app

2. Sound Freaking Out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Freaking Out: Hey I have a problem when I had plugged in new headphones or unplugged any audio device the sound rapidly changes over and over and I cannot change it. If anybody has had a similar issue before can you help? submitted by /u/PineappleSir [link] [comments]...
  3. Computer is Freaking out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is Freaking out: I have a dell inspiron pc that ive had for 3 years and only a couple weeks ago did thid problem arise. I had brought it in for a virus clean up but after running several detection softwears at many diffrent times, no virus was found. What first happens is it will start typing...
  4. Windows is freaking out

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows is freaking out: Hello, my windows recently started freaking out every time I press a key it was a shortcut to something, I got that fixed by doing Ctrl + Alt + Windows button, but now when I open up the start menu it like auto clicking and highlighting things same for my search bar and...
  5. Help! My Bluetooth is freaking out

Help! My Bluetooth is freaking out: Two days ago I started having troubles connecting my earbuds to my computer through Bluetooth. It started with only being able to choose the handsfree audio quality so I decided to remove my earbuds from the settings and reconnect them but I wasn't able to do so. Instead I...
  6. Taskbar Freaking Out.

Taskbar Freaking Out.: [IMG] My taskbar messed up I do have two monitors but heres what it looks like: The program icons are uneven with the windos, search, task view icon, plus the program icons have turned into tabs rather than just icons. Any help will be appreciated submitted by...
  7. Windows Freaking Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Freaking Out: Hello All, My computer says that it has "Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 64-bit" and I still get the "Activate Windows" message on my monitor. When I used Windows 10 Update Assistant, It told me that my operating wasn't ok, and I needed to "Upgrade Windows Server or...
  8. Windows defender freaked me out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender freaked me out: So I just got the new version of win 10 1809 and so I started browsing the internet, when out of the blue my pc started making that irritating sound of old pc motherboards when posting except it was from the turned up speakers. Soo long story short, how do I prevent the...
  9. Windows defender freaked me out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender freaked me out: So I just got the new version of win 10 1809 and so I started browsing the internet, when out of the blue my pc started making that irritating sound of old pc motherboards when posting except it was from the turned up speakers. Soo long story short, how do I prevent the...
  10. Freaking out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freaking out: I can't access Cortana, my windows bar and my notifications. I tried to fix by using Power Shell, but no corrupted files. Then I saw that task bar said Cortana Suspend, last night my computer updated, and I don't know if that messed up my system. I also had to change my email...