Windows 10: This happened to my Windows Defender after I uninstalled Norton, what do I do?

Discus and support This happened to my Windows Defender after I uninstalled Norton, what do I do? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jobinmatt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fupgue/this_happened_to_my_windows_defender_after_i/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jobinmatt, Apr 4, 2020.

1. This happened to my Windows Defender after I uninstalled Norton, what do I do?

/u/jobinmatt, Apr 4, 2020

2. Norton or Windows Defender?

This suggests that your install of Norton is not in good shape. Try uninstalling and reinstalling. If that doesn't work, contact Norton support.

-steve

Stephen Boots, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Wonazer Win User
    Norton or Windows Defender?

This suggests that your install of Norton is not in good shape. Try uninstalling and reinstalling. If that doesn't work, contact Norton support.

-steve

Fair enough. I hadn't restarted the laptop after the install. Everything is running fine now.

Wonazer, Apr 4, 2020
  4. This happened to my Windows Defender after I uninstalled Norton, what do I do?

Build 10532 uninstalled Norton 360 and Bluetooth 4.0

It was noted in a Wiki by Andre Da Costa that most anti-virus softwares are not compatible with Windows 10 and to check with the manufacturer of the software for updated version.

I'd advise using the Removal Tool in this list to remove Norton Antivirus software remnants. Have you looked in Control Panel to verify Norton is not listed in Uninstall Programs?

List of anti-malware product removal tools

Windows Defender will automatically disable itself if a third-party anti-virus software is installed. If you do not have a subscription to Norton, I'd advise using Windows Defender and Windows Firewall.

When you've finished uninstalling the necessary remnants, reboot and run the following scans SFC and Dism.exe. Once the scans are finished, you may retry Windows Defender or reinstall Norton. Your choice.

Troubleshooting Component Store / System Files Corruption

@Stephen M.Burton,

Uninstall Webroot following my steps above then retry Windows Defender.

Smittychat., Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

This happened to my Windows Defender after I uninstalled Norton, what do I do?

1. This happened to my Windows Defender after I uninstalled Norton, what do I do? - Similar Threads - happened Defender uninstalled

2. i do noT have windows defender what do I do

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i do noT have windows defender what do I do: i do noT have windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-do-not-have-windows-defender-what-do-i-do/0033c655-d7b6-48ce-87ea-0b6b5b8ecc71
  3. Windows Defender Doesn't Work, What Do I Do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Doesn't Work, What Do I Do?: so windows defender shows up as an app in the start menu and when searching with win+s, but clicking on it does nothing, the search menu stays on my screen. in apps and features it does not exist either, what should i do? antimalware service executable is still running, but i...
  4. Do I need to uninstall Nortons before 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I need to uninstall Nortons before 2004 update: Has anybody needed to uninstall Norton Security Suite from Comcast before installing Windows 10 2004 update? I get an error trying to do the update and it was suggested on this forum that I need to uninstall Nortons....
  5. What do i do after i uninstall TotalAV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What do i do after i uninstall TotalAV: when i uninstalled TotalAV i searched TotalAV on This PC and i still had files. what do i do with them, do i keep them or delete them?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-after-i-uninstall-totalav/ca02a782-fadb-45b0-9362-f083b71586ff
  6. What should I do after deleting Norton Security

in Windows 10 Customization
    What should I do after deleting Norton Security: My Norton got ended the trial few days later so I deleted using setting on Windows 10. My computer got restarted and I put my pass code. It got very slow to log in. After long time waiting I finally logged in and tried to open task manager. It did not respond and I waited...
  7. What happens or what do I do after buying windows 10 on my laptop that came with ubuntu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happens or what do I do after buying windows 10 on my laptop that came with ubuntu?: I bought a new laptop "Dell G3 3579" and it came with ubuntu's OS, I want to switch to windows 10 (Buying it online from here) But I'm afraid something might go wrong. are there any steps I'm supposed to take before I buy windows? does it download instantly and...
  8. Do I need to uninstall Windows Defender from this PC before doing a (Norton Antivirus)...

Do I need to uninstall Windows Defender from this PC before doing a (Norton Antivirus)...: Windows Defender is on this PC and I want to remove it so I can install the free Norton Anti Virus from Comcast. Is that necessary and how do I do it ?...
  9. how do i reactivate windows defender firewall after deleting Norton?

how do i reactivate windows defender firewall after deleting Norton?: how do i reactivate windows defender firewall after deleting Norton? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-reactivate-windows-defender-firewall/d396761a-ebb9-4a51-80ce-528084a58a18"
  10. How do I start windows defender with Norton?

How do I start windows defender with Norton?: I just downloaded and installed the latest version of Norton AV, Now the windows Defender icon has a red X and says action needed. I cant start it from the control panel, how do I start it through Norton? To clarify I mean the windows firewall doesnt seem to be on. 103570