Windows 10: This happens to my computer when I turn it on, why?

Discus and support This happens to my computer when I turn it on, why? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/whylordquestiokmark [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/whylordquestiokmark, Apr 3, 2020.

1. This happens to my computer when I turn it on, why?

/u/whylordquestiokmark, Apr 3, 2020

2. Turning Cortana Back On

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• What happens when you try to turn it on?
    • Do you get any error message when your trying to turn it on?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer after you turned Cortana Off?

For now, I would suggest that follow the steps below and check if you are able to start Cortana.

• Go Settings, Time & Language, Speech, Speech, inking, & typing
      privacy settings.
    • Get to know me - turns Cortana on

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Merliah Win User
    Computer is shutting down immediately after turning it on?

This has started to happen recently and I'm worried. It does not happen always but this week it happened more often. Basically when I am turning my computer on, after a beep it's shutting down. With the second time it turns on and it does not list that my computer shut down suddenly, so to get me into safe mode, etc. but it boots normally.

I am not sure what the problem is. I removed an additional small fan I had, since I always had it there in the usb, so I thought it could be causing it, but I removed it. I decided to replace my power adapter, since other times I had problem with that & usually they are heating a lot. I bought a cheaper adapter & still the same. I also noticed that this problem usually happens when I turn on my computer after hours. I tried to turn on/turn off my computer between minutes and it did not happen.

Could it be dust? The CPU? I just hope there isn't any problem with the motherboard.

Merliah, Apr 4, 2020
  4. moskal91 Win User

This happens to my computer when I turn it on, why?

NumLock Turns Letters Into Numbers on Desktop Computer

I had the same problem, it seems that it happens only with several keyboards.
    Finally I solved it this way (sorry, but I've got Polish language set):

Now find something like "Standard keyboard device" on the drivers list, install it (click Yes in the compatibility warning window) and check if keyboard is still working.

If so - reboot Your computer and enjoy fixed keyboard without letters turning into numbers.

If not - revert driver back and try another one.

moskal91, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

This happens to my computer when I turn it on, why?

1. This happens to my computer when I turn it on, why? - Similar Threads - happens computer turn

2. Why does my computer crush when I turn on the camera with audio?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my computer crush when I turn on the camera with audio?: Why does my computer crush when I turn on the camera with audio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-crush-when-i-turn-on-the/1bf471e8-4022-4653-9d7f-4ce0532d0fc1
  3. Why does my computer crush when I turn on the camera with audio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer crush when I turn on the camera with audio?: Why does my computer crush when I turn on the camera with audio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-crush-when-i-turn-on-the/1bf471e8-4022-4653-9d7f-4ce0532d0fc1
  4. Why is Windows not preparing correctly when I turn on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows not preparing correctly when I turn on my computer?: In the past month, I have an issue whenever I turn on my computer after shutting it down the previous night. When I initially turn on my laptop, I am informed that the user profile cannot be loaded, and I cannot log in to my account. I restart my computer, and it then allows...
  5. Why is Windows not preparing correctly when I turn on my computer?

Why is Windows not preparing correctly when I turn on my computer?: In the past month, I have an issue whenever I turn on my computer after shutting it down the previous night. When I initially turn on my laptop, I am informed that the user profile cannot be loaded, and I cannot log in to my account. I restart my computer, and it then allows...
  6. Why when I turn on my computer it turns off after 20 seconds?

Why when I turn on my computer it turns off after 20 seconds?: My computer keeps turning off after I turn him on, It doesn't happen before I log on my user. 20ish seconds after I turn on my computer It keeps being turned off. Can anyone assist me in any way? I tried to format my computer and it still keeps being turned off, I also tried...
  7. Why when I turn on my computer it turns off after 20 seconds?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why when I turn on my computer it turns off after 20 seconds?: My computer keeps turning off after I turn him on, It doesn't happen before I log on my user. 20ish seconds after I turn on my computer It keeps being turned off. Can anyone assist me in any way? I tried to format my computer and it still keeps being turned off, I also tried...
  8. Why when I turn on my computer it turns off after 20 seconds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. When I try and Update My computer this happens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I try and Update My computer this happens: [ATTACH]WHEN I TRY AND RETRY IT SAYS THE SAME THING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-and-update-my-computer-this-happens/4de97af7-e3c9-430a-a91a-ac4d4f19d1c1
  10. Why does my computer screen not turn on when I disconnect HDMI?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why does my computer screen not turn on when I disconnect HDMI?: I'm trying to find out why my laptop screen doesn't turn on after I disconnect HDMI that was set in "second screen only" mode. I have a Hewlett Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-dh1xxx running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. If someone could inform me on how to resolve this issue that...