Windows 10: This happens when I click something in File Explorer

Discus and support This happens when I click something in File Explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Strange_Dark_5070 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Strange_Dark_5070, Jan 30, 2021.

1. This happens when I click something in File Explorer

/u/Strange_Dark_5070, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Pin File Explorer to Taskbar

I have gone through all of the recommended steps for pinning File Explorer to the task bar and nothing works. Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

[Original Title: File Explorer]

TammyGray1006, Jan 30, 2021
  4. This happens when I click something in File Explorer

I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

This happens when I click something in File Explorer

1. This happens when I click something in File Explorer - Similar Threads - happens click something

2. Taskbar resets when I click on File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar resets when I click on File Explorer: I noticed this problem on Sunday 9/17 after I had installed two recent Microsoft updates. Whenever I click on the File Explorer icon in the taskbar the taskbar resets disappears and re-appears. I uninstalled the updates, but the problem still exists and happens almost...
  3. Taskbar resets when I click on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar resets when I click on File Explorer: I noticed this problem on Sunday 9/17 after I had installed two recent Microsoft updates. Whenever I click on the File Explorer icon in the taskbar the taskbar resets disappears and re-appears. I uninstalled the updates, but the problem still exists and happens almost...
  4. file explorer crashes when i right click

file explorer crashes when i right click: When I right click on a drive in file explorer it closes all windows. Its very annoying. I would prefer to go back to windows 10 right click as a lot of the things i do now require me to do the extra step of right clicking and then going to more options....
  5. File Explorer crashes when I right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when I right click: Hello,Everytime I rightclick a document in the File Explorer is crashes the program and soft resets my laptop. Its fine when I click a file. I have had this for a while now, even before Windows 11 was out and, as fa as I know, it isn't because of a virus. I haven't downloaded...
  6. File Explorer crashes when I right click

File Explorer crashes when I right click: Hello,Everytime I rightclick a document in the File Explorer is crashes the program and soft resets my laptop. Its fine when I click a file. I have had this for a while now, even before Windows 11 was out and, as fa as I know, it isn't because of a virus. I haven't downloaded...
  7. file explorer freezes when i right click on a file

file explorer freezes when i right click on a file: file explorer freezes when i right click on a file, i ran sfc /scannow but it reports that nothing is wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-freezes-when-i-right-click-on-a-file/46248c43-55b8-41a7-a1b1-ea300801f245
  8. when i right click with my mouse something weird happens

when i right click with my mouse something weird happens: when I right click with my mouse I get a black screen and then I get a long refresh. some of my apps close https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-right-click-with-my-mouse-something-weird/fe4eaf4b-efe1-40ac-b930-1cc674659f34
  9. Know what exactly happens when i click something in an Application [.EXE]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Know what exactly happens when i click something in an Application [.EXE]: i have an application which does something which i would like to do myself manually without the application's help....for that, i need to know what exactly that app does when i click that particular button.... *...
  10. Something keeps happening when I type

Something keeps happening when I type: [ATTACH] Instead of a line when I type in a text box, it just becomes a whole black rectangle. Can someone help me? Thanks. Something I could of thinked of: (this started this morning) This morning, an update happened. The update could've done something to do this >...