Windows 10: This happens when I try to copy something to my external device (My Phone) via USB . Any...

Discus and support This happens when I try to copy something to my external device (My Phone) via USB . Any... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sumankr60 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sumankr60, Jun 20, 2020.

1. This happens when I try to copy something to my external device (My Phone) via USB . Any...

/u/sumankr60, Jun 20, 2020

2. What has happened to the additional drives that appeared in the Windows Explorer for external USB devices

Hi Alan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

For better understanding please answer the below questions:

• Does the USB drive shows in the Device Manager?
    • Is the computer detecting the connected USB devices?
    • Have you checked the USB drives on the different computers?
    I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Check if you are able to see the USB External DVD drive in Disk Management. If you are able to see the USB External DVD drive in Disk Management, follow the steps to assign the drive letter:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Right-click the drive that you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
    Do one of the following:

• To assign a drive letter if one has not already been assigned, click
      Add
      , click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.
    • To change a drive letter, click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, click the letter that you want to use, and then click
      OK.
    Method 2: I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall USB controllers and check. This method resolves steps where the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupted.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right click a device and click Uninstall.
    • Repeat for each device. Once complete, restart your computer.
    • Your USB controllers will automatically install.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Aera Rua Win User
    External USB Drive Error

Hello,

I/O device error happened because your PC in not able perform an Input/ Output actions, such as reading or copying the data when you are trying to access the drive. This may occur due to different type of reasons; it may be due to damaged or defective hardware
    device or your pc requires an update for issues that may conflict USB external hard drive. To isolate the reason behind and find a fix for this, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Check if the problem is with the USB or with the PC.

• If you have different PC, try connecting your USB device there to see if you’ll encounter the same error or if you do not have an access to different PC, try connecting a different USB device to see if the issue persists.
    • If you encounter the same error while connecting the USB device to a different PC or if other USB devices works on your PC without the error, this may have been that your External USB device is corrupted or damaged.
    • In that case, you will need to reformat that USB device in order to use it again. Please do note that formatting your USB device will remove all of its contents.

If you encounter the same error when you connect a different USB device on your PC or if your USB device works fine with different PC, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps in this

article
    to resolve the issue.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Aera Rua, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

This happens when I try to copy something to my external device (My Phone) via USB . Any...

Toshiba External USB drives not showing in Explorer or Disk Management Plug-in

Thank you for the update.

Looks like your system is unable to detect your external hard drive. Let's see if scanning for new hardware will fix the issue. Follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Device Manager and press Enter.
    • Under Device Manager, select Action tab > Scan for hardware changes.
    • Wait for your system to install the generic driver for your device and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you perform the following recommendations below:

• Plug in your external USB drives to other USB device port of your system.
    • Use other USB cables for your external device to connect to your system.

Keep us updated and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

This happens when I try to copy something to my external device (My Phone) via USB . Any...

1. This happens when I try to copy something to my external device (My Phone) via USB . Any... - Similar Threads - happens try copy

2. when i copy a file from my computer to my phone via usb the green progress bar stays stuck...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i copy a file from my computer to my phone via usb the green progress bar stays stuck...: when i copy a file from my computer to my phone via usb the green progress bar stays stuck at a low level. I have copied many files previously and have never encountered this problem. Then after the copying dialog box disappears and when i try to open any other folders it is...
  3. when i copy a file from my computer to my phone via usb the green progress bar stays stuck...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i copy a file from my computer to my phone via usb the green progress bar stays stuck...: when i copy a file from my computer to my phone via usb the green progress bar stays stuck at a low level. I have copied many files previously and have never encountered this problem. Then after the copying dialog box disappears and when i try to open any other folders it is...
  4. When connecting my Android Device Type C via USB USB A or Type C, neither the phone is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When connecting my Android Device Type C via USB USB A or Type C, neither the phone is...: I have a MSI laptop and a Xiaomi/Poco phone devices I'm trying to connect and I tried with my phones type c to usb a cable, a usb 3.0 supported type c to type c cable and another phones type c to a cable, tried almost every thing that I could find in the microsoft community,...
  5. When connecting my Android Device Type C via USB USB A or Type C, neither the phone is...

When connecting my Android Device Type C via USB USB A or Type C, neither the phone is...: I have a MSI laptop and a Xiaomi/Poco phone devices I'm trying to connect and I tried with my phones type c to usb a cable, a usb 3.0 supported type c to type c cable and another phones type c to a cable, tried almost every thing that I could find in the microsoft community,...
  6. my phone not connected to pc via usb cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my phone not connected to pc via usb cable: my phone not connected to pc via usb cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-phone-not-connected-to-pc-via-usb-cable/739b060c-9bbc-4171-826b-f21629c6afdf
  7. my phone not connected to pc via usb cable

my phone not connected to pc via usb cable: my phone not connected to pc via usb cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-phone-not-connected-to-pc-via-usb-cable/739b060c-9bbc-4171-826b-f21629c6afdf
  8. Unable to connect my android phone via usb.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect my android phone via usb.: hello friends, please help me....I am unable to connect my android phone via usb. While installing mtp device driver I am getting error code 31. What should I do to fix it ? Below Is the Snap..... [ATTACH]...
  9. Something is wrong with my USB devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something is wrong with my USB devices: so for the longest time i've suffered the wraith of netgear. since i moved about a year ago, i have had no way to set up my ethernet in my room so a usb adapter was my only option. i used to have the wna3100, and now the a6210 and i have to face the same problems with both....
  10. Cannot Access Files on my USB Drive or any external devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Access Files on my USB Drive or any external devices.: I am trying to open files on an external USB drive and I keep getting the message: 'You don't currently have permission to access this file.' You are supposed to click continue to permanently get access but then I get a message: 'Yu have been denied permission to...