Windows 10: This has been poping up on my computer a lot

Discus and support This has been poping up on my computer a lot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [IMG] This is a screenshot I took of a window that has been appearing out of nowhere on my computer for no reason at all, saying that there is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoshEisen, Aug 21, 2018.

1. JoshEisen Win User

This has been poping up on my computer a lot

This has been poping up on my computer a lot [​IMG]

This is a screenshot I took of a window that has been appearing out of nowhere on my computer for no reason at all, saying that there is spyware and a virus on my laptop, and that I visited an illegal website that I would end up in prison for, and asking for my username and password. When it first appeared a week ago, I assumed it was just a scam, and I shut down my laptop so it would go away. Also, on Monday this exact same window appeared again saying the exact same thing and asked for my username and password. In response, I shut down my laptop again so it would go away. A few minutes ago today it appeared again, and I have handled it the same way again. However, since this window has been frequently appearing on my laptop for no reason at all, it is making me anxious.

I know I have asked this before, but I want to ask again just to be absolutely sure.

Is this a real warning from Microsoft about a virus and spyware on my laptop, or is it just a scam?

:)

JoshEisen, Aug 21, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Computer starts slowly and freezes a lot.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might occur, due to any third party application conflict.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to
    Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

• Follow on screen instructions.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2:

Step 1: Clean boot

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Step 2: Safe Mode

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.
    For more information refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/user-accounts-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Mark Isi Win User

PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

1. This has been poping up on my computer a lot - Similar Threads - has been poping

2. "This Computer Has Been Blocked" Pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This Computer Has Been Blocked" Pop-up: I did something really stupid last week. I am nearly 70 yrs. old so, I hope I can remember enough to get this resolved. I innocently clicked on a video on Facebook and immediately got this pop-up warning saying "your computer has been blocked for security reasons" with an 800...
  3. "This Computer Has Been Blocked" Pop-up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "This Computer Has Been Blocked" Pop-up: I did something really stupid last week. I am nearly 70 yrs. old so, I hope I can remember enough to get this resolved. I innocently clicked on a video on Facebook and immediately got this pop-up warning saying "your computer has been blocked for security reasons" with an 800...
  4. Random pictures and apps keep poping up on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random pictures and apps keep poping up on my computer.: a couple weeks ago, a jpg image of a stupid internet company popped up. Now theres a google shortcut on my computer with the name Nazu. Should I do a full reset on my computer? none of the antiviruses are detecting anything......
  5. Random pictures and apps keep poping up on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random pictures and apps keep poping up on my computer.: a couple weeks ago, a jpg image of a stupid internet company popped up. Now theres a google shortcut on my computer with the name Nazu. Should I do a full reset on my computer? none of the antiviruses are detecting anything......
  6. computer has been locked up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer has been locked up: My computer has been locked up and I've been asked to call an 800 number to unlock it. Can someone assist with this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/computer-has-been-locked-up/ad1707df-7ba3-49aa-b04e-51a652da99b1
  7. My computer has been getting a lot of BSODs on startup recently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer has been getting a lot of BSODs on startup recently: Hardware: MS-7512, MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTDCPU: GenuineIntel IntelR CoreTM2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53GHz 8664, level: 62 logical processors, active mask: 3RAM: 6441586688 bytes 6.0GBThe errors that happened was:Kernel Security Check FailureOn Mon 15/11/2021 11:14:45 your...
  8. My computer has been lock up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer has been lock up: My computer has been lock up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-been-lock-up/e98cc9b5-67a8-450f-8749-c8eb91270555
  9. My computer has been crashing a lot lately and it's frustating!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer has been crashing a lot lately and it's frustating!: I'll be working on my YOGA laptop when all of a sudden I'll get a blue screen with PAGE FAULT IN NONE PAGED AREA and the file that isn't working is netwtw06.sys the computer crashes and force restarts so I lose all my work, please help!...
  10. My VMware Player has been crashing a lot

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    My VMware Player has been crashing a lot: My VMware Player has been crashing a lot. In fact once there was a series of about 5 fatal error dialogs which cascaded in a rather aesthetic and soothing fashion. Before I go to VMware for help, does anyone here have any advice which might smooth out the process. 33908