Windows 10: This has been stuck for 40 minutes. What do I do?

Discus and support This has been stuck for 40 minutes. What do I do? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/asianinindia [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/asianinindia, Jun 7, 2020.

1. This has been stuck for 40 minutes. What do I do?

/u/asianinindia, Jun 7, 2020

2. Windows update stuck on 40%

Original title: Windows Update

During performing windows update in Windows 10 Home.Suddenly Internet get disconnected, after that resuming windows update it Stuck on 40% , I Use windows update reset batch file to reset the whole process but after doing this it stuck on "checking the updates"
    step and cannot proceed further. What to do now ?

Anshuman28, Jun 7, 2020
  3. November update stuck at 40%

I had the same issue and did not go past 40% at multiple attempts. After trying the following, it worked on HP Omni 10.

• Removed SD Card
    • Did a Disk cleanup (don't think this matters)
    • When update setting screen asked for reboot, I did all steps for Clean boot as indicated in this thread.
      • It did couple of reboots coz I had other update, in addition to 1511.
      • I did clean boot when ever it allowed me. 2 times. These were before thru 1511 update started.

I did both times Coz I was not sure if I will get a chance to set clean boot in between the 2 updates.
    And it worked!

George Jacob, Jun 7, 2020
  4. This has been stuck for 40 minutes. What do I do?

Updating from 8.1 to windows 10, the screen is stuck on 'Restarting' with dots circuling for last 4 hrs 40 minutes ?

Updating from 8.1 to windows 10, the screen is stuck on 'Restarting' with dots circuling for last 4 hrs 40 minutes ?

How long do I need to wait ?

Bhupinder_162, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

This has been stuck for 40 minutes. What do I do?

1. This has been stuck for 40 minutes. What do I do? - Similar Threads - has been stuck

2. what to do if laptop has been hacked??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what to do if laptop has been hacked??: what shall I do if my laptop has been hacked?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-if-laptop-has-been-hacked/7ced97ed-8dcb-4d9c-b204-4fa501db6a2b
  3. what to do if laptop has been hacked??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what to do if laptop has been hacked??: what shall I do if my laptop has been hacked?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-if-laptop-has-been-hacked/7ced97ed-8dcb-4d9c-b204-4fa501db6a2b
  4. what to do if laptop has been hacked??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My PC has been acting up, what do i do ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC has been acting up, what do i do ?: I installed a software AutoCAD and ever since my laptop has been malfunctioningsome apps that previously would open gave an error message that said the version of the app was not compatible with my pc, my pc became slower and Microsoft Word had an issue and would crash each...
  6. My PC has been acting up, what do i do ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has been acting up, what do i do ?: I installed a software AutoCAD and ever since my laptop has been malfunctioningsome apps that previously would open gave an error message that said the version of the app was not compatible with my pc, my pc became slower and Microsoft Word had an issue and would crash each...
  7. Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 20H2 Build 19042.746 Restarting for a Windows update, and for the 40 minutes it's just a black screen with the word Restarting in the center. No spinning circles, no anything. Just the black screen with the word Restarting. Should I do a hard...
  8. Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen stuck on "Restarting" for 40 minutes: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 20H2 Build 19042.746 Restarting for a Windows update, and for the 40 minutes it's just a black screen with the word Restarting in the center. No spinning circles, no anything. Just the black screen with the word Restarting. Should I do a hard...
  9. BSOD - Been stuck at 100% for a while now - what do I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD - Been stuck at 100% for a while now - what do I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mutatiis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j6w6bf/bsod_been_stuck_at_100_for_a_while_now_what_do_i/
  10. it's been like this for 10 minutes. what should I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    it's been like this for 10 minutes. what should I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MemeMachineYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewwmri/its_been_like_this_for_10_minutes_what_should_i_do/