Windows 10: "This ipod cannot be used because it is not supported on this version of windows"

Discus and support "This ipod cannot be used because it is not supported on this version of windows" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When connecting my iPod nano, I'm getting the message "This ipod cannot be used because it is not supported on this version of windows". Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DH_HD, Oct 6, 2019.

1. DH_HD Win User

"This ipod cannot be used because it is not supported on this version of windows"

When connecting my iPod nano, I'm getting the message "This ipod cannot be used because it is not supported on this version of windows".

Windows 10 Home in S mode. iPod nano 7th generation. iTunes 12.10.0.7.

How can I sync titles to my iPod?

:)

DH_HD, Oct 6, 2019
  2. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Oct 6, 2019
  3. DR.Death Win User
    Ipod is stuck...

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
    2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
    • Tip: If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and not near the center.
    • If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep.

try that

To restore your iPod mini:

* Warning: Because Restore erases all of the songs and files on iPod, make sure to back up any files you've saved on the iPod disk. All of your songs, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and games can be loaded back to your iPod provided that you have them stored in your iTunes Library.

How to restore your iPod:

1. Make sure you've reinstalled the latest version of iTunes.
    2. Open iTunes, and then connect your iPod to your computer.
    3. After a few moments, it will appear in the Source list in iTunes.
    4. Select your iPod in the Source list and you will see information about it appear in the Settings tab of the main iTunes windows.
    5. Click the Restore button. You will be prompted with one or more restore options that may prompt iTunes to automatically download of the latest iPod Software. The 4 possible restore options are:

Restore Option 1: Restore - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod.
    Restore Option 2: Use Same Version - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod even though a newer version is available.
    Restore Option 3: Use Newest Version - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
    Restore Option 4: Restore and Update - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.

6. A progress bar will appear on the computer screen indicating that the first stage of the restore process has started. When this stage is completed, iTunes will instruct you to leave iPod connected to your computer to complete restore.

Restore Instruction 1: Disconnect iPod and connect it to iPod Power Adapter (typically applies to older iPod models).
    Restore Instruction 2: Leave iPod connected to computer to complete restore (typically applies newer iPod models).

7. During the stage 2 of the restore process, the iPod will show an Apple logo as well as a progress bar at the bottom of the display. It is critical that the iPod remains connected to the computer or iPod Power adapter during this stage. Note: The progress bar may be difficult to see since the backlight on the iPod display may be off.
    8. After stage 2 of the restore process is complete and the iPod is connected to the computer, the iTunes Setup Assistant window will appear asking you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences similar to when you connected your iPod for the first time.

or this

DR.Death, Oct 6, 2019
  4. "This ipod cannot be used because it is not supported on this version of windows"

Ipod not recognized

Do you have the latest version of iTunes installed?

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers

Do you see the iPod listed there?

Is this a classic iPod or an iPod Touch?

Here is a thread with some troubleshooting steps that might be useful:

Itunes does not recognized ipod classic w… - Apple Community

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

"This ipod cannot be used because it is not supported on this version of windows"

1. "This ipod cannot be used because it is not supported on this version of windows" - Similar Threads - ipod cannot used

2. Ipod Touch does not show up in the windows version of itunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ipod Touch does not show up in the windows version of itunes: Hello everybody i have seen a lot of this same question i had the same problem I tried everything i could find and what fixed it was a new usb connection cable i forgot i had a couple of extras and i tried a newer one and it works so try a new USB connection cable that may...
  3. Cannot Search, Use Audio, or Connect to support because Laptop shows offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Search, Use Audio, or Connect to support because Laptop shows offline: Hello,For the past 6 months or so, I keep loosing features on my laptop.It started with the loss of searching. If I press the search button or try to type a search item, the windows pops up but quickly disappears. I also cannot search in windows explorer.Next, the audio went...
  4. Cannot Search, Use Audio, or Connect to support because Laptop shows offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Search, Use Audio, or Connect to support because Laptop shows offline: Hello,For the past 6 months or so, I keep loosing features on my laptop.It started with the loss of searching. If I press the search button or try to type a search item, the windows pops up but quickly disappears. I also cannot search in windows explorer.Next, the audio went...
  5. Cannot Search, Use Audio, or Connect to support because Laptop shows offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Microsoft extends Windows 10 version 1709 support because of Coronavirus

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft extends Windows 10 version 1709 support because of Coronavirus: Microsoft announced yesterday that support for the company's Windows 10 version 1709 operating system has been extended by six months so that it is supported until October 13, 2020. Enterprise, Education and iOT Enterprise editions of Windows 10 version 1709 are still...
  7. IPod

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IPod: I have I-tunes loaded on my computer. I want to purchase music, add it to my library and then download the new music to my I-pod. I plugged the I-pod into the port on my computer and I got this error message "This I-pod cannot be used because it is not supported on this...
  8. Cannot update to Windows 10, version 1903, because of partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update to Windows 10, version 1903, because of partition: I cannot update to version 1903 of Windows 10 because it "couldn't update the system reserved partition." So, I ran disk management and found (a) Disk 0 partition 1 - EFI system partition - 260MB capacity, 260MB free; (b) Disk 0 partition 4 - OEM partition - 880MB capacity,...
  9. iPod support

iPod support: I’m running the latest version of windows 64 bit on a Samsung galaxy book 2. Whenever, I connect my 4th gen nano I get a message that the device is not supported by this version of windows. Can this be fixed?...
  10. iPod not recgonized after version 1803 update

iPod not recgonized after version 1803 update: Hi there Switch Ipod off completely. Switch on again. Plug into a USB 2 port (if you still have any of those on the machine) see if computer recognized device. Sometimes the chips in these things - especially older hardware aren't recognized by USB 3 ports even when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ipod not supported on version of windows

2. ipod cant be used on this version of windows

3. this ipod cannot be used because it is not supported on this version of windows

4. ipod cannot be used with version of windows,
  5. ipod not supported on windows,
  6. ipod not supported on this version of windows,
  7. this ipod cannot be used on windows 10,
  8. ipod cannot be used because it is not supported on this version of windows,
  9. ipod not supported by windows,
  10. ipod not supported on thi version of windows,
  11. ipod not supported by this version of windows,
  12. this ipod can not be used with this version of windows,
  13. this ipod cant be used because it is not supported on this version of windows,
  14. this ipod is not supported on this version of windows,
  15. this ipod cannot be used because it is not supported