Windows 10: This is a question for Greg C, Sumit D, or Dave M

Discus and support This is a question for Greg C, Sumit D, or Dave M in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I click on any of the Windows apps I receive the message 'This app won't work on your PC'. Never had this problem before. The only difference from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MartinBrodetsky, Jun 25, 2020.

1. This is a question for Greg C, Sumit D, or Dave M

When I click on any of the Windows apps I receive the message 'This app won't work on your PC'. Never had this problem before. The only difference from other times when I log on is that my laptop HP Aspire E15 running Windows 10 performed a disk repair when I turned it on. Any advice welcome as I have bought this on recurring subscription and now I can't get into my Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. It affects all apps, not just Office. The error code associated with it is Oxc000007b which does seem to correlate with a corrupted hard drive. There are various web sites detailing how to fix this but they all seem quite technical so I'm a bit concerned that I might screw it up even more if I attempt it with my limited tech knowledge. If someone could post a simple step-by-step guide to sorting this out I would be most grateful, thanks! Thanks

:)

MartinBrodetsky, Jun 25, 2020

2. Need to redirect "C:\Users\Dave\Documents" to "D:\doher\Documents"

Exactly, and I did use mklink as you suggested. The links now work in my documents without haveing to edit them. So far, no downside.
    -- Thanks for the help.

This is what I used:

Code:

nhbeachguy, Jun 25, 2020
  3. gregcccc Win User
    Frequent BSOD - X64_IP_MISALIGNED

Hi axe0

Thanks for your suggestions.

- I have checked and Rapport is the latest version.
    - Chkdsk found no problems
    - Seatools Short Generic found no problems on D (I have not run it on C since I have an SSD). Long Generic is still running but has found no problems thus far.

What is your suggested next step?

Greg

gregcccc, Jun 25, 2020
  4. This is a question for Greg C, Sumit D, or Dave M

Need to redirect "C:\Users\Dave\Documents" to "D:\doher\Documents"

When I did a new install of Windows 10, my user name changed from 'Dave' (in Windows 7) to 'doher' (in Windows 10). At the time I was not happy about it, but too many things eventually tied to the new name I just decided to stick with it.

In Win 7, my documents were in C:\Users\Dave\Documents and I have links within many MS Word and Excel documents all over the place that point to other documents or folders. For example, in the document with this path:
    D:\doher\Documents\finance\budget.docx I could have (in Word terms) a 'hyperlink' (that I made during the Win 7 days) that points to C:\Users\Dave\Documents\finance\budget-details.docx

What I've been doing up to now is editing the hyperlink and replacing "C:\Users\Dave\Documents" with "D:\doher\Documents" at the beginning of the hyperlink "address" - the link then works again.

I thought I could avoid this if I just had some sort of redirect. Since "C:\Users\Dave" does not exist in Win 10, why can't I just have a hard link (or something) so that all references to "C:\Users\Dave\Documents" point to "D:\doher\Documents"?

In researching this, I saw things about the location tab... I created a C:\Users\Dave\Documents and did properties on Documents - but there was no location tab to do a redirect.

If anyone has a solution to this that would be great!

Also, if anyone has a smarter way of doing this (referencing other files within files) that would be great too. I realize this would (probably) be hung overhead, but too bad there is not a way to scan all the documents, look for broken links and have a way to do a mass change. Or even better if I rename a file, all the links to it get updated.

Thanks,
    Dave

nhbeachguy, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

This is a question for Greg C, Sumit D, or Dave M

1. This is a question for Greg C, Sumit D, or Dave M - Similar Threads - question Greg Sumit

2. question i want to ask sumit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question i want to ask sumit: hi, sumit i got windows 11 in october ask me how did i do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-i-want-to-ask-sumit/3de9dd05-7bca-4600-bc3c-41df1ccef673
  3. question i want to ask sumit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question i want to ask sumit: hi, sumit i got windows 11 in october ask me how did i do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-i-want-to-ask-sumit/3de9dd05-7bca-4600-bc3c-41df1ccef673
  4. Hey Sumit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hey Sumit: ? 21H1 10.8.21 19043,1165 Creating a cropped shortcut doesn't work? Have information on how to act Thanks Schan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-sumit/eeeb5d4e-2ea3-454c-a661-e098db5c234c
  5. Rude Abusive Moderator Greg C

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Rude Abusive Moderator Greg C: Forgive me if this is the right page to post this. Hello Community, I am Zachary, this is my second account because I cannot access my first account. Where can I report this person, Greg Carmac? This guy is very rude in the community very abusive, is there anyone reviewing...
  6. File Transfer from M.2 Nvme (C:) to SSD (D:) back to M.2 Nvme (C:)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Transfer from M.2 Nvme (C:) to SSD (D:) back to M.2 Nvme (C:): Hello everyone, I recently installed a new SSD to use for storage for my steam library. I was able to successfully transfer all my games without an issue. I was quite eager to free up my M.2 disk that I wanted to see what else I could transfer to my SSD to free up my M.2. I...
  7. C/O Greg Carmack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C/O Greg Carmack: Greg I did reply but it did not appear to go through. I reset the laptop I will check this morning to see its running smooth. Thanks again Best wishes. Billy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/co-greg-carmack/4a64dcfc-90be-4220-b6fd-60379f2a84ef
  8. C: to D:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C: to D:: My computer is starting to lag - it's a year old i5 7th gen. - can't figure out why. C: is filling up and I want to move things to D: which 930GB free space. BUt when I try I get an error. ????????????? [ATTACH]...
  9. TO GREG

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TO GREG: Hi PaulEllis1 I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. This may be due to malware / trojan / virus. I think to be at peace, please try these options one by one and check after each option 1. You should run Malware Bytes Malware Bytes - https://www.malwarebytes.com/ 2. Scan...
  10. Need to redirect "C:\Users\Dave\Documents" to "D:\doher\Documents"

in Windows 10 Support
    Need to redirect "C:\Users\Dave\Documents" to "D:\doher\Documents": When I did a new install of Windows 10, my user name changed from 'Dave' (in Windows 7) to 'doher' (in Windows 10). At the time I was not happy about it, but too many things eventually tied to the new name I just decided to stick with it. In Win 7, my documents were in...