Windows 10: this is a virus or a bug ?

Discus and support this is a virus or a bug ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mrnothing- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwk7yp/this_is_a_virus_or_a_bug/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrnothing-, Nov 18, 2020.

1. this is a virus or a bug ?

/u/mrnothing-, Nov 18, 2020
  2. ss2020 Win User

Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 18, 2020
  4. this is a virus or a bug ?

Jsssssssss, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

this is a virus or a bug ?

1. this is a virus or a bug ? - Similar Threads - virus bug

2. Recently downloaded files disappeared. Bug or virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recently downloaded files disappeared. Bug or virus?: So i downloaded some PDFs (from a trusted source). I was moving them into a new folder in the desktop and when I pasted them, only one of the files was moved. The other 3 disappeared from the Downloads folder and were nowhere to be seen. After a while I checked my new...
  3. Is this a bug or a virus?

Is this a bug or a virus?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OkHyena1818 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xhiwe5/is_this_a_bug_or_a_virus/
  4. Windows Defender "Virus" bug. 4 sept 2022

Windows Defender "Virus" bug. 4 sept 2022: It's been reported that windows Defender is giving constant notifications about virus scans today for many users regarding a potential virus named "Win32/hive.ZY" This is a bug, and Microsoft is working on the issue It seems to originate from chromium based software and...
  5. Virus, bug or something else ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus, bug or something else ?: Hi so here is my problemsit started 5 days agoall the problems exept the 3rd :1st : Only 1 app work that mean if I open google chrome it work but if I open like discord, discord won't work, I can't click and I can hardly use my keybord and I need to close google chrome to...
  6. Virus, bug or something else ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus, bug or something else ?: Hi so here is my problemsit started 5 days agoall the problems exept the 3rd :1st : Only 1 app work that mean if I open google chrome it work but if I open like discord, discord won't work, I can't click and I can hardly use my keybord and I need to close google chrome to...
  7. Virus, bug or something else ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. My friend has some sort of weird virus or bug plaguing his PC. It makes an inappropriate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My friend has some sort of weird virus or bug plaguing his PC. It makes an inappropriate...: Like the title says, he has an image of a man in his underwear standing in front of a train track in his downloads folder which upon deleting only returns to the folder, and he claims to have no recollection of downloading it. At random intervals, sometimes days, the image...
  9. My friend has some sort of weird virus or bug plaguing his PC. It makes an inappropriate...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My friend has some sort of weird virus or bug plaguing his PC. It makes an inappropriate...: Like the title says, he has an image of a man in his underwear standing in front of a train track in his downloads folder which upon deleting only returns to the folder, and he claims to have no recollection of downloading it. At random intervals, sometimes days, the image...
  10. My friend has some sort of weird virus or bug plaguing his PC. It makes an inappropriate...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security