Windows 10: This is a Windows 10 phone that can run Android apps

Discus and support This is a Windows 10 phone that can run Android apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft’s mobile OS experiment ended in January 2020 and the last wave of Windows Mobile devices won’t receive any more updates or patches with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 18, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

This is a Windows 10 phone that can run Android apps

Microsoft’s mobile OS experiment ended in January 2020 and the last wave of Windows Mobile devices won’t receive any more updates or patches with features or security improvements.

While the journey of Windows on phones has officially ended, a UK-based company said they have prototyped a phone that runs Windows 10 on ARM with Android apps support.

Emperion claims it packed Windows 10 on ARM into a phone-sized device called ‘Nebulus’, and the phone can run Android apps without an emulator or dual-booting Windows with Android.

Windows 10 on ARM is essentially a full version of the desktop operating system for Snapdragon system-on-chip (SoC), which is the processor used in Android phones and tablets. ARM-powered Windows 10 devices can run desktop apps via an emulation layer.

This is a Windows 10 phone that can run Android apps Nebulus.jpg

Nebulus will also be capable of running Android apps right out of the box, but Emperion was not clear on how its Windows 10 phone will run Android apps.

According to Emperion, Microsoft also helped the startup with the development of its smartphone.

The company says Nebulus comes with two 13MP AI rear camera and a 10.5MP front camera. It has a 6.19-inch Cosmos display, 6000mAh battery, 128GB storage (expandable up to 2TB), and front-firing 1CM speakers with Dolby.

The device also comes with a Continuum-like feature that will allow users to bring the desktop experience onto their monitors USB-C or wireless, similarly to Continuum.

According to the manufacturer, the project is little more than a prototype brick at the moment.

The UK-based company is also working with a wireless carrier in the country for SIM-free and unlocked variant. The company says it will start taking pre-orders for the device soon.

The post This is a Windows 10 phone that can run Android apps appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 18, 2020
  2. t_ski Win User

$.10 android apps

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but they have $.10 (yes, 10 cents) android apps on the Android Market to celebrate 10 BILLION downloads. So far I've picked up Tetris, Need for Speed Shift, SoundHound amd ADWLauncher EX. There were several other games that were listed, including ones too good for my phone *Frown This is a Windows 10 phone that can run Android apps :(

t_ski, Feb 18, 2020
  3. windows 8 phone vs android?

How Windows Phone Is Turning Its Slim App Selection Into a Strength

Windows Phone has tons of advantages by sharing components (like .NET and Windows Marketplace) with it's Windows brethren. It takes less effort to produce a quality program for both platforms than it does for Android and iOS. Microsoft is pursuing quality over quantity.

Most people only use maybe 10 apps to get functionality not provided by default with the device. If Windows Phone has something functionally the same as those 10 apps on iOS or Android, the argument is moot.

Case in point: pick the features you absolutely can't live without on any phone and compare them. Are they built into the OS? If there is not, is there an app available to add that functionality? Does the solution meet your expectations? Answer those questions for each functionality to find which platform is best for you.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

1. This is a Windows 10 phone that can run Android apps - Similar Threads - phone run Android

2. Windows 11 running on a phone meant for android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 running on a phone meant for android: i heard something called "Project Renegade" which makes a phone run Windows 11. this can be a chance for Microsoft to return to smartphone and make windows 11 compatible with android phones. like if you wanna use windows 11 on a phone, you could install it like project...
  3. Windows 11 running on a phone meant for android

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 running on a phone meant for android: i heard something called "Project Renegade" which makes a phone run Windows 11. this can be a chance for Microsoft to return to smartphone and make windows 11 compatible with android phones. like if you wanna use windows 11 on a phone, you could install it like project...
  4. How to run multiple Android apps on Windows 10 PC with Your Phone app

in Windows 10 News
    How to run multiple Android apps on Windows 10 PC with Your Phone app: [ATTACH]When Samsung unveiled its flagship device Galaxy Note 20, they teased the Your Phone […] This article How to run multiple Android apps on Windows 10 PC with Your Phone app first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Your Phone app soon can run multiple android apps simultaneously on PC

in Windows 10 News
    Your Phone app soon can run multiple android apps simultaneously on PC: #WindowsInsiders cool new #YourPhone feature headed your way on select Samsung devices. Keep in mind it is rolling out gradually so it may take a few days to be enabled. #WindowsInsiders the ability to run multiple android apps simultaneously on your PC is now rolling out to...
  6. Phone Companion app for Win 10 and Android phone

Phone Companion app for Win 10 and Android phone: When I first installed both Your Phone Companion on my Android and Your Phone on my Win 10 laptop, the app worked fine and I could send and retrieve messages from my phone. Now, nothing works. I keep getting instructions to "Fix now" in Shared Experiences. Then, when I...
  7. These Galaxy phones can run Android apps directly within Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    These Galaxy phones can run Android apps directly within Windows 10: Microsoft’s Your Phone app can help you get messages, photos, notifications and calls from your mobile device on Windows 10, but the software maker has an exclusive partnership with Samsung to enhance this experience with support for Android apps streaming apps. Samsung...
  8. Windows 10 can now run Android apps. Good?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 can now run Android apps. Good?: submitted by /u/verax_mmts [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6e0lx/windows_10_can_now_run_android_apps_good/
  9. Windows 10 Your Phone app can now make calls from Android phone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Your Phone app can now make calls from Android phone: Microsoft nailed down a partnership with Samsung to bring calling functionality to the Your Phone app with the Galaxy Note 10, but the feature should soon also be available to all Android devices. Twitter user Ajith confirmed that the Your Phone app with calls and dialer...
  10. Running Android apps in Windows 10 Pro

Running Android apps in Windows 10 Pro: I have a question about running Android apps on Windows 10 Pro which is what I have. Can this be done and can one get the full functionality of the Android OS and its app? For example can one run AMIDDuOS and get Android to run? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance....