Windows 10: This is about the People app that was forced upon the population of users by microsoft

Discus and support This is about the People app that was forced upon the population of users by microsoft in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was forced to accept the April update by Microsoft. Now there's this "People" app running in the background, with an icon in the task bar. I never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ferdinand J.De Rosa, Jul 9, 2018.

1. This is about the People app that was forced upon the population of users by microsoft

I was forced to accept the April update by Microsoft. Now there's this "People" app running in the background, with an icon in the task bar. I never wanted it, never asked for it, never installed it, but apparently the spies that are violating my privacy at Microsoft are forcing me to have it MY computer. Are there any competent hackers out there that know the secret code to get this thing turned off?

If there is NO way to do so, please just be up front about it. I'm already researching ways to get out from under the oppressive spies at Microsoft and this is just another reason why.

:)

Ferdinand J.De Rosa, Jul 9, 2018
  2. aleph01 Win User

Taskbar not populating

Greetings,

I have a user whose Office shortcuts in the taskbar are not persistent. I use an AutoIt script to recreate the shortcuts if they are missing. The shortcuts appear in the folder (%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar) but are not populated to the taskbar, even after she logs off and back on. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

aleph01, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 9, 2018
  4. dscanlon Win User

This is about the People app that was forced upon the population of users by microsoft

Issue with People app

I'm running a clean install of Win 10, less than a week old, and I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the People app.

When I'm in Mail, I can see a contact's details by clicking on the "Open Contact" option from within the message. This opens the People app. So far so good.

However, this seems to be the only way I can access People. There's no obvious way to access it otherwise from mail, it's not listed in "All apps": also, when the People app is open, it has no icon in the taskbar - just an empty space where the icon should be (I can grab this anti-icon and move it around the taskbar).

Any suggestions welcome...

dscanlon, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

This is about the People app that was forced upon the population of users by microsoft

1. This is about the People app that was forced upon the population of users by microsoft - Similar Threads - app was forced

2. Why is Microsoft forcing insecure authenticaton upon users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft forcing insecure authenticaton upon users?: Oh Microsoft,The support team has no answers, or at least the answers they hand out are either false or Microsoft has completely lost it.Then it starts here, there is not even a way to select the Microsoft account issues. Well, I selected windows, because i browse the website...
  3. Why is Microsoft forcing insecure authenticaton upon users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft forcing insecure authenticaton upon users?: Oh Microsoft,The support team has no answers, or at least the answers they hand out are either false or Microsoft has completely lost it.Then it starts here, there is not even a way to select the Microsoft account issues. Well, I selected windows, because i browse the website...
  4. Microsoft forcing people to open Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft forcing people to open Microsoft account: How can Microsoft force people to open an account? They didn't pay for my laptop and tablets so why do I need to open a shi**y Microsoft account. You can't use your laptop unless you open an account, yeah sure you can cancel it after you set your device up. Why should I have...
  5. Microsoft forcing people to open Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft forcing people to open Microsoft account: How can Microsoft force people to open an account? They didn't pay for my laptop and tablets so why do I need to open a shi**y Microsoft account. You can't use your laptop unless you open an account, yeah sure you can cancel it after you set your device up. Why should I have...
  6. Microsoft forcing people to open Microsoft account

7. Microsoft forcing people to buy new computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft forcing people to buy new computers: Can you tell me why a computer 2 years old won't run Win11? Is this typical Microsoft...force users to buy new computers when they can't afford to?...
  8. Microsoft forcing people to buy new computers

Microsoft forcing people to buy new computers: Can you tell me why a computer 2 years old won't run Win11? Is this typical Microsoft...force users to buy new computers when they can't afford to?...
  9. Microsoft People app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft People app: Been trying for days to retrieve my people app data. Have loaded new app but it didn't download old data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-people-app/e9c499a2-8b4e-4229-9577-5818eb787773
  10. Microsoft People/People app

Microsoft People/People app: Recently had to reinstall Win 10 Pro on my desktop. People or Microsoft People should have been part of that install, I believe, but maybe not because I believe I kept my files and programs. Regardless, my contacts in People are gone. Apps show I have 'People' but will not...