Windows 10: This is an emergency BIG problem. I'm really worried my I could loose everything on my pc...

Discus and support This is an emergency BIG problem. I'm really worried my I could loose everything on my pc... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there. Recently I've had a problem with my computer.. to get right to the point ill give a bulletin list of all the problems. I've already tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HunchbackedAssasin, Feb 19, 2021.

1. This is an emergency BIG problem. I'm really worried my I could loose everything on my pc...

Hi there. Recently I've had a problem with my computer.. to get right to the point ill give a bulletin list of all the problems. I've already tried some fixes PLS read what I've tried.. I've tried a lot of common fixes.

• Restart Button does nothing in start menu
    • shutdown button does nothing in start menu
    • sleep button does nothing in start menu
    • If I drag a file I download to the desktop it will not ever show up on my desktop.
    • if I try delete a file, shortcut, anything from anywhere it comes up with an error "this file is no longer located here, cannot delete, please verify location" etc etc.
    • cannot even shutdown or restart using the PowerShell/command prompt using ( shutdown -r or Shutdown -s -t 00 )
    • in rainbow six siege (game) my game will crash whenever I return to main menu
    • any probably a lot more issues I have not found yet..

So what have I tried???. Another list (these didn't work)

1. Run system file checker (SFC) ( sfc/ scannow)
    2. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    3. "shutdown -s" to shutdown your computer, "shutdown -r" to restart
    4. restored power plans to default
    5. ran power windows trouble shooter
    6. virus scan
    submitted by /u/HunchbackedAssasin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HunchbackedAssasin, Feb 19, 2021
  2. Billy Med Win User

Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Feb 19, 2021
  3. ? Add People to Emergency calls

You can only make emergency calls while the phone is locked by entering the phone number. If you want your concern to be available, it is best that you send a suggestion through Feedback Hub. In this case, our developers can consider it for the next update.
    To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the Menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      Add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and provide your suggestion and details in the box.
    • Select the right category and then submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Regards.

Michael Rey, Feb 19, 2021
  4. This is an emergency BIG problem. I'm really worried my I could loose everything on my pc...

Can't reset and I'm really worried

It all started when I restarted my computer, when I logged in, the desktop was just black and the only thing popping up was a tab with this in it "c:\windows\system32>". I tried all of the options the people on Reddit suggested to me, but they didn't work
    and now I'm trying the last option, full reset.

It seems to work at first, it goes to about 5 or 6% and then it just sends me back to the "choose an option" page. I'll then try to reset again but this time it won't even go to the reset screen it'll just tell me that there was a problem resetting this
    pc.

on Reddit the person told me that some people were having the same problem with resetting their PC's but I can't seem to find any recent posts talking about it. This really has me worried, I hope my laptop isn't just........finished

Flauntypack56, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

This is an emergency BIG problem. I'm really worried my I could loose everything on my pc...

1. This is an emergency BIG problem. I'm really worried my I could loose everything on my pc... - Similar Threads - emergency BIG problem

2. I fell for the scam now I'm worried they have everything on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I fell for the scam now I'm worried they have everything on my computer: I fell for their scam now I'm afraid they have access to everything on my computer how do I know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-fell-for-the-scam-now-im-worried-they-have/b6e83e26-3ee1-44d6-b962-692df50c636e
  3. I fell for the scam now I'm worried they have everything on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I fell for the scam now I'm worried they have everything on my computer: I fell for their scam now I'm afraid they have access to everything on my computer how do I know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-fell-for-the-scam-now-im-worried-they-have/b6e83e26-3ee1-44d6-b962-692df50c636e
  4. I fell for the scam now I'm worried they have everything on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. problem with my activation code -----emergency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with my activation code -----emergency: I am a student and this is my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** few days ago. I had my product key from the university, but it does not working Can I have another product key for windows 11 please? because my computer refused the bast product key which...
  6. I found a file that my anitvirus wasn't scanning and I'm really worried if it is a virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I found a file that my anitvirus wasn't scanning and I'm really worried if it is a virus.: Hey so my F-Secure scheduled virus scan wasn't being able to scan files labeled as C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_4.9.1252.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App and it is really worrying me since I looked it up and it said it was a malicious virus...
  7. I'm going to reset my pc and remove everything, should i clean the drive, as i am worried...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm going to reset my pc and remove everything, should i clean the drive, as i am worried...: As the title says, I'm going to reset my laptop because i might have messed up and did something i shouldn't have, i clicked on a link and steam started going crazy, sending messages similar to the link i got, blocking and unfriending people. I did all the necessary stuff,...
  8. Really big problem with scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Really big problem with scrolling: In Windows 10, the right hand bar moving the screen up/down has partially stopped working. I cannot click and hold down the bar for rapidly moving the screen up/down any more. I can use the up/down arrow to move the screen up and down but it's pretty tiresome on a long...
  9. Can't reset and I'm really worried

Can't reset and I'm really worried: It all started when I restarted my computer, when I logged in, the desktop was just black and the only thing popping up was a tab with this in it "c:\windows\system32>". I tried all of the options the people on Reddit suggested to me, but they didn't work and now I'm trying...
  10. If I upgrade from x32 to x64, Will I loose everything on my pc?

If I upgrade from x32 to x64, Will I loose everything on my pc?: If I upgrade from x32 to x64, Will I loose everything on my pc? I would upgrade using a bootable USB Drive... If I do this process will all the photos etc... I have right now go away or will they stay there?*Think*Redface 90722