Windows 10: this is from reserved partition has a letter assigned

Discus and support this is from reserved partition has a letter assigned in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 7 pro upgrade to Windows 10 pro failed I think this is from reserved partition has a letter assigned... I THINK RESERVED PARTITIONS DO NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeonidasSavvides, Feb 21, 2020.

1. this is from reserved partition has a letter assigned

Windows 7 pro upgrade to Windows 10 pro failed

I think this is from reserved partition has a letter assigned...

I THINK RESERVED PARTITIONS DO NOT HAVE LETTER, I AM CORRECT?

remove letter in reserved partition in diskpart

assign letter of F: as c:/ in diskpart

and try repair / upgrade continued??????

CAN TRY THIS?? Cmd prompt is from Windows 7 recovery tools from failed upgrade see second shot

If yes, that is correct action after do the work in diskpart,... reboot immediately or choose Startup repair Windows in recovery tools? See second screenshot

this is from reserved partition has a letter assigned bc93483c-b91a-41f1-bb28-7a44fdc29297?upload=true.jpg

this is from reserved partition has a letter assigned 480dfb0f-59b6-472f-bce9-581d1c51bde0?upload=true.jpg

:)

LeonidasSavvides, Feb 21, 2020

2. Can I assign a letter to or hide stuff in the System Reserved partition safely?

EDIT: You know what?? I found out that the System Reserved partition is just as fragile as the system32 folder; do ANYTHING AT ALL to it and Windows becomes unbootable. I'll just shrink my E: partition and make a new partition with no drive letter.

I was thinking of both:

1. Assigning a drive letter to the System Reserved partition and/or
    2. hiding secret stuff in it.

However, it's a critical system partition I'm talking about here. I know how to assign and re-assign drive letters [it's through the Disk Management], but I want to know if either or both of these things are safe to do or if they're just as dangerous as deleting the System32 folder. For reference, I'm using Windows 10.

José Daniel Steller Vargas, Feb 21, 2020
  3. MSR Reserved cannot assign drive letter

Original title: MSR Reserved

Hey everybody,

I just want to really know what is the MSR Reserved partitions of UEFI installations of Windows!! I have always tried to assign drive letters but no luck. Is it just a special partition or a volume or something else??

Any answers??

ArushPCGuy, Feb 21, 2020
  4. this is from reserved partition has a letter assigned

MSR Reserved cannot assign drive letter

Hello Arush,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

This is a Windows reserved partition and to which you won't be able to assign any drive letters. This partition holds certain space which can be used for System restore and other use for backing up. You cannot use this partition nor can you assign any drive
    letters to it.

Let us know if you need more information. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

this is from reserved partition has a letter assigned

1. this is from reserved partition has a letter assigned - Similar Threads - reserved partition has

2. Why my System Reserved partition have drive letters?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why my System Reserved partition have drive letters?: This happens when I plug my external hard drive that containing my Windows 10 into my Windows 7 laptop and then boot from my Windows 10 which is on that external hard drive. When I open Disk Management in my Windows 10 I see that my Windows 7 System Reserved partition which...
  3. Assigned Drive letters for EFI partitions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Assigned Drive letters for EFI partitions.: Basically, I've tried cloning my windows to a bigger drive with AOMEI Partition Assistant following jayz2cents' video but I think I messed it up because my EFI partitions showed up in File Explorer. I've tried a couple of solutions online like command prompt to remove...
  4. Assigning Drive Letter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assigning Drive Letter: I am trying to assign a particular letter to one of my hard drives. None of my other drives are assigned that letter, but it is not listed in the choices. Is there something I can do?...
  5. Windows keeps Re-Assigning Drive letter to Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows keeps Re-Assigning Drive letter to Recovery Partition: Hello, I restored my Macrium Reflect system image, carefully only giving a drive letter to Drive C and not the other system partitions. Running Windows 10 1909 on GPT. Ever since the restore Windows 10 keeps assigning drive letter E to the recovery 500 mb partition, making...
  6. Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management

Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management: Hi, I Have An External Hard Disk and For Some Reason One Of Its Partitions Did Not Show Up In The Explorer So I Researched And Found Out That It Was Because There Was No Letter Assigned To It. I Opened Up Disk Management And Tried To Assign A Letter To It But There was An...
  7. Assign a drive letter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Assign a drive letter: When I plug an external hard drive to my PC (Windows 10) via the USB, the computer does not recognize it in Windows Explorer. I have to go into Disk Management to assign the drive a letter before I can see it in Windows Explorer. Is there an option in Windows 10 to...
  8. Changing/Adding the letter assigned to system partition

Changing/Adding the letter assigned to system partition: I wanted to activate BitLocker on C: partition....But when I tried, I got this message: "BitLocker Setup requires the drive file system to be NTFS. Convert the file system and run BitLocker Setup again." This is how my drives look like: (C) - Simple -Basic - NTFS -...
  9. Stop EFI partition from USB drive having a letter assigned?

Stop EFI partition from USB drive having a letter assigned?: Hello, when i plugin my USB drive which has some EFI partition on it, Windows 10 automatically assign it a letter which is annoying as you guess (can't access, being asked to format, etc..); how do i stop this from happening? Neither in diskpart, neither with 3rd party apps i...
  10. System reserved partition got assigned c:\

in Windows 10 Support
    System reserved partition got assigned c:\: Hello, today i went ahead and turned my pc on. After a bit i noticed that the automatic repair is running, then i got option to restart pc which i did. It happened again and again. After a bit of troubleshooting i noticed that my c drive is now d and d is now e. I went ahead...