Windows 10: This is how to create a Firefox or Edge bookmark to a local file

Discus and support This is how to create a Firefox or Edge bookmark to a local file in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; 1 Go to the Favourites / Bookmarks page using[Firefox]Ctrl-Shift-O [Edge]Ctrl-Shift-O or, for an easier view to work with, Ctrl-Shift-O, , Open... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Try3, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Try3 Win User

This is how to create a Firefox or Edge bookmark to a local file

1 Go to the Favourites / Bookmarks page using[Firefox]Ctrl-Shift-O [Edge]Ctrl-Shift-O or, for an easier view to work with, Ctrl-Shift-O, , Open favourites pageand then, assuming you have several bookmark folders, browse to your chosen folder. 2 Add a new bookmark using[Firefox] Right-click, Add Bookmark [Edge] Click on the Add Favourite iconthen type inName - Whatever [Edge]URL - file:///C:\Users\Denis\Documents\Some File Or Other.txt {This is the normal way of expressing a file path with back slashes.}[Firefox]URL - file:///C:/Users/Denis/Documents/Some File Or Other.txt {The file path's back slashes had to be changed to forward slashes.} - The use of file:/// is common to both browsers. - In both browsers, I did not enclose "paths with spaces" in quotation marks. The bookmarks did not work if I did so. Back slashes & forward slashes I ran several tests.- Some Firefox bookmarks worked with normal paths [back slashes] & some didn't but they all worked using forward slashes. - In all my tests, Edge worked with both normal paths [back slashes] & with forward slashes. Denis

:)

2. nsmth Win User

importing firefox bookmarks to edge

The only browser that shows up in Edge to import bookmarks from is Internet Explorer. I also have Firefox and Chrome installed but neither shows on the import list. Anxious to try Edge but will continue using Firefox until I can import bookmarks.

nsmth, Jun 17, 2021
  3. importing firefox bookmarks to edge

To import bookmarks from Firefox (or Chrome) to Microsoft Edge, you will have to use Internet Explorer:

• Open the web browser you wish to export bookmarks from, and export your bookmarks to an HTML file.
      • In Firefox, press [Ctrl]+[Shift]+, click Import and Backup ->
        Export Bookmarks to HTML...
        [*]In Chrome, press [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[O], click Organize ->
        Export bookmarks to HTML file...

[*]Close Firefox/Chrome.
      [*]Open Internet Explorer (click Start, type "iexplore", and press [Enter]).

[*]Press [Alt]+[C], click the dropdown next to "Add to favorites", and click
      Import and export...

[*]Choose Import from a file and click [Next].
      [*]Follow the wizard and point it to the HTML file you saved in step 1.
      [*]Close Internet Explorer and open Microsoft Edge.
      [*]Click the Hub (three lines) toolbar icon and click the (dim)
      Import favorites link.
      [*]Choose to import your favorites from Internet Explorer, and click [Import].

That said, at this time my recommendation would be to stay with Firefox unless you're having problems with it stuttering/freezing on script intensive sites like Amazon. Firefox is currently the worlds fastest web browser (scoring just above Chrome but
    about twice as high as Edge according to
    FutureMark), and it supports more technologies than Edge. And if Microsoft's past record on security with IE continues, Firefox is a much safer choice too. Mozilla usually
    patches most zero-day vulnerabilities in days after discovery compared to Microsoft's historical months or even years. Not to mention that Firefox uses ClearType font rendering which is easier to read (if tuned correctly—Search -> "clear" -> click
    Adjust ClearType text) and is less choppy looking than Edge's Windows 9x/ME grayscale anti-aliasing font rendering.

Techie007L, Jun 17, 2021
  4. This is how to create a Firefox or Edge bookmark to a local file

importing firefox bookmarks to edge

Firefox is not listed in the browsers to import bookmarks from. How can I import bookmarks from Firefox? I have quite a few and if I cannot import to Edge, I will just stick with Firefox

edschilling, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

This is how to create a Firefox or Edge bookmark to a local file

1. This is how to create a Firefox or Edge bookmark to a local file - Similar Threads - create Firefox Edge

2. How to create Firefox bookmarks using Group Policy and Registry Editor

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Firefox bookmarks using Group Policy and Registry Editor: Creating a Bookmark is a piece of cake, irrespective of the browser you are using. However, if Mozilla Firefox is your go-to browser, and you often create bookmarks, you can use the Group Policy Editor and the Registry Editor to get the same job done. You will, however, first...
  3. How to open Local Files on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to open Local Files on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge: Windows 10 is great when it comes to multitasking, it has floating windows, the taskbar, and many other features to increase your productivity. In this article, we present you with another trick to increase your productivity, that allows you to open your Local Files on your...
  4. Firefox for Android Bookmark?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox for Android Bookmark?: Does anyone know how to save bookmarks in Firefox on a Android phone? I tried following the guides I found using Google and they all say to click on the star. When I click on bookmarks I don't have a star to click on. 166779
  5. Firefox Bookmark Search

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Bookmark Search: When I open up the bookmark manager, and do a search, how can I tell which folder the bookmark is in? 157783
  6. FireFox bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox bookmarks: After years of using FF, backing up and restoring older ones I "acquired" a mile long list and between them many duplicates, some in folders which are also exact duplicates. From time to time I have to clean them manually one by one. Is there some way to do it automatically ?...
  7. How import bookmark firefox on edge ?

in Browsers and Email
    How import bookmark firefox on edge ?: Please a read different web page but no find solution to import bookmark from firefox on edge Thnak Hispa 13234
  8. Firefox Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Bookmarks: Hi. The new Firefox Quantum has done something unwelcome with my bookmarking procedure - when I click 'Bookmark This Page' the entry goes to 'Other Bookmarks' whereas I prefer them in the Bookmarks Menu (i.e. not in a folder). Is there a setting I can change to make Bookmarks...
  9. Edge Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Bookmarks: How do I save my bookmarks in edge to transfer to another computer. I want my same setting if possible on another computer. Thanks 31196
  10. Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...