Windows 10: This is How you can permanently remove the Conexant Media endless update on Hp Elitebook's

Discus and support This is How you can permanently remove the Conexant Media endless update on Hp Elitebook's in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys. This is not a Question. Many HP EliteBook users have been complaining about the endless updates of the Conexant Media on windows update which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jean-Rene Maynard, Sep 19, 2021.

1. This is How you can permanently remove the Conexant Media endless update on Hp Elitebook's

Hey guys. This is not a Question. Many HP EliteBook users have been complaining about the endless updates of the Conexant Media on windows update which never installs. This is a bug from the old driver itself. The newer version is already installed and the old one is also still installed. We need to permanently delete the old driver completely. I wanted to share this with you all because I know how irritating this is. Even when you try to ignore it it still irritates you..This is How simple it is. I did this running Windows 10 21H1 and also Windows 11 insider Beta version on my HP EliteB

:)

Jean-Rene Maynard, Sep 19, 2021

2. Conexant MEDIA 8.65.259.0 endless update/install

Windows 1803, (OS build 17134.48) (HP elitebook 840 g3 laptop).

If I look in Settings>Update, there are always hanging "pending install" of Conexant Media (with the same version). It's already successfully installed several times (11 times for today). After installation, in some minutes it appears again. I'm not sure how
    many day it's hanging like this. But two day for sure. Any of the devices in device manager with name Conexant in it, has another driver version (differ from 8.65.259.0).

It is not such a big issue about "pending install", but I wish to understand, is it a installing problem with hardware or software (all devices working correctly, no any problems that I did notices.)

This is How you can permanently remove the Conexant Media endless update on Hp Elitebook's bc5aa420-c95a-439a-a036-6fc4fc1af422?upload=true.png

This is How you can permanently remove the Conexant Media endless update on Hp Elitebook's fa8ed366-155c-464d-8dc8-af4aaa77fc37?upload=true.png

This is How you can permanently remove the Conexant Media endless update on Hp Elitebook's f2f44de7-55eb-4bb3-9fc0-3ca140465884?upload=true.png

StephanKarsakov, Sep 19, 2021
  3. NeathAL Win User
    conexant smartaudio hd can i remove it permanently ?

Yeah so conexant smartaudio hd kinda messes up the sounds specially in games

the high definition audio device works way better for me

I just need a way to make windows 10 stop installing it and permanently remove the conexant smartaudio hd

Is there any fix for this ?

NeathAL, Sep 19, 2021
  4. CarinaW Win User

This is How you can permanently remove the Conexant Media endless update on Hp Elitebook's

No audio on HP Elitebook 840 G3 with Conexant SmartAudio HD after Oct 27, 2016 update (KB3199986)

Please note the following:

• Wrt the suggestion: "If the issue still persist, we recommend you to contact the manufacturer of Conexant smartaudio HD to update the driver to the latest chip set. "
    Reply from Conexant:

"... We are
    manufacturer of the audio device only, not drivers for Microsoft or PC manufacturers products."

HP Tier 1 Customer support worked for over two hours on my system trying to fix, then escalated to Tier 2 support.

Tier 2 support recommended a wipe and reload.

After over a week of various techs working directly on this issue, this was the only thing that fixed the problem was the full wipe/reload on my brand new notebook. A very frustrating experience, indeed, but I'm just happy the system is back and running
    (with audio).

CarinaW, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

This is How you can permanently remove the Conexant Media endless update on Hp Elitebook's

1. This is How you can permanently remove the Conexant Media endless update on Hp Elitebook's - Similar Threads - permanently remove Conexant

2. Hp Elitebook Glitching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp Elitebook Glitching: My Hp Elitebook keep glitching for no reason. I got it fixed but it happens again and again. Is there anything I can do about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-elitebook-glitching/8eeb4752-c45c-4a88-9642-25e3c91e9820
  3. Hp Elitebook Glitching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp Elitebook Glitching: My Hp Elitebook keep glitching for no reason. I got it fixed but it happens again and again. Is there anything I can do about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-elitebook-glitching/8eeb4752-c45c-4a88-9642-25e3c91e9820
  4. how to activate/enable keyboard in HP EliteBook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to activate/enable keyboard in HP EliteBook: hello, guys! i somehow managed to disable the keyboardphysical in my hp EliteBook laptop, does any of you know how to restore it back to working order? any suggestion from you all will be so much appreciated. thanks....
  5. HP Elitebook 2560p

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Elitebook 2560p: Is there a driver for fingerprint reader for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-elitebook-2560p/6d97a867-1c29-4a4d-80ee-a4d30a66d951
  6. How Can I Permanently Remove Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Permanently Remove Edge: I got a notification that I have to update Edge. I do not even use Edge. I do not want to be rude but I would never, ever use Edge. I am not saying what I think of that privacy-invading app because I'm trying to be calm but I am getting frustrated that I cannot easily disable...
  7. The Conexant - MEDIA- 8.66.29.63 Driver

The Conexant - MEDIA- 8.66.29.63 Driver: Hello everyone, I have an issue with Conexant - MEDIA- 8.66.29.63 Driver. After an update to this driver last week my build-in microphone has stopped working. When I rolled it back to previous version, my mic worked properly until second update yesterday. Was absolutely...
  8. How to type "í" on HP EliteBook 840

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to type "í" on HP EliteBook 840: I have installed the Hungarian language pack but cannot figure out how to type the "í" character ALT+0237 on my laptop's keyboard. I am using an HP EliteBook 840 G6. Alt-i gets me "Í", not the lower-case version of the letter. Thanks for any help!...
  9. conexant smartaudio hd can i remove it permanently ?

conexant smartaudio hd can i remove it permanently ?: Yeah so conexant smartaudio hd kinda messes up the sounds specially in games the high definition audio device works way better for me I just need a way to make windows 10 stop installing it and permanently remove the conexant smartaudio hd Is there any fix for this ?...
  10. Conexant device Fail. Can you help?

Conexant device Fail. Can you help?: Gang I am having a bad time trying to get Conexant audio to work. With the original Windows 10 install, from 8.1 via the wire [Home edition], the Audio device drivers were installed. on casual look things appeared ok until I looked in Dev Manager, in Properties, in the Events...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. conexant media endless