Windows 10: This is in regards to microsoft changing pin or password situation.

Discus and support This is in regards to microsoft changing pin or password situation. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The answers given may help solve the problem, however, don't you have to have the computer booted up? What if you cannot get that far because of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Try2help4, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Try2help4 Win User

This is in regards to microsoft changing pin or password situation.

The answers given may help solve the problem, however, don't you have to have the computer booted up? What if you cannot get that far because of the

Microsoft change/

:)

Try2help4, Jul 27, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 27, 2019
  4. This is in regards to microsoft changing pin or password situation.

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

This is in regards to microsoft changing pin or password situation.

1. This is in regards to microsoft changing pin or password situation. - Similar Threads - regards microsoft changing

2. Unique password/pin situation after BIOS flash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unique password/pin situation after BIOS flash: Hello, today I flashed my msi x470 motherboard bios to a new update and afterwards It said that something happened my pin and I would need to sign in with my actual password. I really only use 2 passwords for must things but neither of them seemed to work. My computer has 1...
  3. Unique password/pin situation after BIOS flash

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unique password/pin situation after BIOS flash: Hello, today I flashed my msi x470 motherboard bios to a new update and afterwards It said that something happened my pin and I would need to sign in with my actual password. I really only use 2 passwords for must things but neither of them seemed to work. My computer has 1...
  4. Unique password/pin situation after BIOS flash

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Changing from password to pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing from password to pin: I recently had to reset my computer. I also just updated to Windows 11 about two weeks ago. Up until now I was able to log in using a pin, now I can't.I go to settings-PIN use a pin to sign into windows...hit set up and it asks for my password. I type it in then nothing....
  6. My Own Situation Regarding The printspooler Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    My Own Situation Regarding The printspooler Issue: Took nearly all day to update my Windows 10 machines with microsofts patch for the printer issue. I also disabled "printspooler" . Printing in general is not an issue with me and Windows 10. I have a new boxed 4-5 year old printer but refuse to use it as the (well known)...
  7. Change from password to pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change from password to pin: Last night 11/23/2020, i got a received a new windows update in the middle of the night. It changed my login from pin to password on windows 10. How can I use command prompt to change it back to pin? I dont have the old password and bitlocker is not working either....
  8. Password situation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password situation: Hello everyone, A good friend of my aunt committed suicide a few months ago. My aunt has his pc with Windows 10 installed on it now. She wonders if there is any way she can get into the pc. The problem is that she doesn't know the password to his pc. I know it's a shot in...
  9. Strange Situation Regarding an Unknown HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange Situation Regarding an Unknown HDD: I recently reformatted and reinstalled Windows on my SSD (C) and I have another drive for Main Storage(B) When I had installed Windows and booted into it I noticed that Main Storage (B) wasn't showing, I had assumed I had reformatted it as well by accident. I used recovery...
  10. Changing a password back to a pin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing a password back to a pin: After dealing with a new laptop, now I have to have the entire Microsoft password to get into my older little laptop. I'd love to get this changed back to just a 4 digit pin. Is there any way on earth to do this? The odd thing is, all I need is the pin to get into the new...