Windows 10: This is my own computer, why don't I have permission to access my OWN COMPUTER

Discus and support This is my own computer, why don't I have permission to access my OWN COMPUTER in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TFK_001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epup53/this_is_my_own_computer_why_dont_i_have/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TFK_001, Jan 16, 2020.

1. This is my own computer, why don't I have permission to access my OWN COMPUTER

/u/TFK_001, Jan 16, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jan 16, 2020
  3. my desktop computer is asking for a reboot device that I don,t have

my desktop computer is asking for a reboot device that I don,t have

BriJean2000, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

This is my own computer, why don't I have permission to access my OWN COMPUTER

Permission to access network

Hi Kristen,

You might be experiencing this issue because you lost permission to access the network resource or shortcut after upgrading your computer. To better assist you with this problem, we would like to know the following information.

• Are you using the shortcut to access a file or folder located on another computer in the network?
    • Is the file or folder located on the computer that you recently upgraded?
    • What is the exact error message that you received when accessing the shortcut?
    • Are you using a homegroup to share files between devices on your local network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

This is my own computer, why don't I have permission to access my OWN COMPUTER

1. This is my own computer, why don't I have permission to access my OWN COMPUTER - Similar Threads - own computer why

2. I don't have my own permission to delete files....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't have my own permission to delete files....: please help , thankshttps://i.imgur.com/zU7rqbe.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/G9lSyH4.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/q5dLTGo.png***moved from zh-hant*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-my-own-permission-to-delete-files/8de331a7-c4c0-4b75-932f-b6a3355daf68
  3. why do I not have permissions to change my own setting on my computer I built

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do I not have permissions to change my own setting on my computer I built: i had a BSOD followed with this code The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000220, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8020c0201f6. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  4. why do I not have permissions to change my own setting on my computer I built

why do I not have permissions to change my own setting on my computer I built: i had a BSOD followed with this code The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000220, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8020c0201f6. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  5. No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?

No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?: So, for the past few days I have been trying everything I can find to solve this issue. I no longer have the permissions to save to my own computer. The frustration is starting to get out of hand. So I record while i play games, i save clips and i have been doing this for...
  6. No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?: So, for the past few days I have been trying everything I can find to solve this issue. I no longer have the permissions to save to my own computer. The frustration is starting to get out of hand. So I record while i play games, i save clips and i have been doing this for...
  7. No permissions to save to my own computer anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. my own computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    my own computer.: I am only one ever to use my computer. I want to be the admin and I should be admin. How do I change me as user to me being the admin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-own-computer/e10bc47f-b89e-4be6-b019-90d5d5e2ecaf
  9. Don't have administrator privileges on my own computer...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Don't have administrator privileges on my own computer...: No questions; just wanted to hop on here and tell you all that you suck for making an OS so convoluted that so-called 'administrators' cannot even access their own 'services' feature to do simple things like cancel a print job that takes 20 effing minutes to cancel...
  10. I don't have access to my own files

I don't have access to my own files: Whenever I try to save an edit of a .txt file, delete files, or move videos from one folder to another, a pop-up appears saying that I do not have permission to do that and to contact the owner or an administrator. I am the owner and admin. I've gone into the files'...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why dont I have permissions to my own pc