Windows 10: This is my second time requesting an answer for an issue that occurred after I restored my...

Discus and support This is my second time requesting an answer for an issue that occurred after I restored my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I chose to just remove apps and such. After the restore, the apps and games were gone but I never got the disk space those games took up back. Before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sjabblen, Jul 20, 2020.

1. This is my second time requesting an answer for an issue that occurred after I restored my...

I chose to just remove apps and such. After the restore, the apps and games were gone but I never got the disk space those games took up back. Before the restore I had around 400 gigs of space on my disk. After the restore the space remained the same. I checked the windows.old folder but the folders within it were empty.

If anyone here knows the reason for this please let me know.

submitted by /u/Sjabblen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sjabblen, Jul 20, 2020

2. Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Jul 20, 2020
  3. The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might be occurred due to corrupted Windows services and updates.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• In which account are you facing this issue?
    • Are you connected to Domain?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    You may login to other account and check if the RegEdit works.

I suggest you to modify the registry to increase the default time-out value for the service control manager. To increase this value to 60 seconds, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + R, type regedit, and hit
      enter.
    • Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
    • In the right pane, locate the ServicesPipeTimeout entry.
    Note: If the Services PipeTimeout entry does not exist, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click
      DWORD Value.

• Type ServicesPipeTimeout, and then press ENTER.
    • Right-click Services PipeTimeout, and then click Modify.
    • Click Decimal, type 60000, and then click OK.
    • This value represents the time in milliseconds before a service times out.
    • Restart the computer.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Note: Install all the pending updates logging into Microsoft account and check.

I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps you regarding this issue.

Refer: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 20, 2020
  4. wolf Win User

This is my second time requesting an answer for an issue that occurred after I restored my...

True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

Thema:

This is my second time requesting an answer for an issue that occurred after I restored my...

1. This is my second time requesting an answer for an issue that occurred after I restored my... - Similar Threads - second requesting answer

2. Why is it that every time the Windows Update occurs I have an issue with my screen adaptor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is it that every time the Windows Update occurs I have an issue with my screen adaptor?: EVERY time there is a scheduled automatic update, my PC cant connect to an external screen via HDMI and i can't change my screen brightness. I have done the Device Unistallation-Reinstallation process, and this only sometimes works it's not working now, and i have to wait...
  3. My second time asking this :/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My second time asking this :/: So if you want part 1 go to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/why-do-i-not-have-administrative-access-to-games/666b8968-8e84-4fa8-be84-c16625e2fedb Basically, I don't have admin access to about half of my pcs apps. E.g... GTAV, Fall Guys,...
  4. My second time asking this :/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My second time asking this :/: So if you want part 1 go to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/why-do-i-not-have-administrative-access-to-games/666b8968-8e84-4fa8-be84-c16625e2fedb Basically, I don't have admin access to about half of my pcs apps. E.g... GTAV, Fall Guys,...
  5. My second time asking this :/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. This is my answer . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    This is my answer . . .: This is for all, of Dave's answers. Which I can't find themDave . . . Thanks for, all your help. You've always helped me, in the past.After reading, your reply. I might, have the answer.I have another computer, with Windows 10 on it.I also have, two USB drive. With 256...
  7. Request Timed Out every 11 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Request Timed Out every 11 seconds: This started recently. Nothing new in the computer or environment. I have been connected to the same wifi AP for over a year. I have installed nothing new. But what ever I do I cannot solve the problem. [ATTACH] I've scoured the web for solutions, and various posts on...
  8. Mouse doesnt answer after seconds of boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse doesnt answer after seconds of boot.: After boot and using some seconds my mouse stops, i cant change tabs of change apps the cursor moves around but clicking doesnt make a effect solution so far is crtl alt del... but this cant continue i see reports from 2017 here of people with exact same problem why...
  9. Unable to Shutdown my computer! Second time this problem has occurred Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Shutdown my computer! Second time this problem has occurred Windows 10: Second time I've had this issue. I shutdown my computer it shuts down, then automatically reboots. Over and over and over. NO I'm not hitting the REBOOT. So i have to physically UNPLUG my computer to get it turned off....
  10. Unable to SHUTDOWN my computer! Second time this problem has occurred

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to SHUTDOWN my computer! Second time this problem has occurred: Windows 10, Office 365 Dell XPS27 Second time I've had this issue. I shutdown my computer it shuts down, then automatically reboots. Over and over and over. NO I'm not hitting the REBOOT. So i have to physically UNPLUG my computer to get it turned off....