Windows 10: This is not a question, but more of advice on slow internet by windows 10.

Discus and support This is not a question, but more of advice on slow internet by windows 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having dreadful slow internet on the new updates from windows 10 - slowing down my computer. I was searching high and low online from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KaydoAsh, May 12, 2020.

1. KaydoAsh Win User

This is not a question, but more of advice on slow internet by windows 10.

I've been having dreadful slow internet on the new updates from windows 10 - slowing down my computer. I was searching high and low online from my phone for some answers. They were all good but not effective.

I did the uninstall of updates on 1909, ipconfig release and renew, winsock in commands - you name it. I turned to some programs installed on my computer, and found the culprit to the problem - Mozilla Firefox 64bit and Edge fight with each other.

I've tested this by uninstalling and reinstalling firefox again, and what do you know? As soon I disconnect ftom the internet and connect again an hour later, problems again. I've tried it for two days and it kept confirming Mozilla is the problem to all those slow internet complaints. Well, this goes for my machine.

:)

KaydoAsh, May 12, 2020

2. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 12, 2020
  3. Slow Internet Issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are facing with internet lag in your laptop and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What type of internet connection are you using (wired/wireless)?
    • Are you facing lag issue with any other device like a smart phone or a different laptop to the same network?
    • Do you face the same issue connecting the Laptop to a different network?
    • Did you try connecting the laptop using an Ethernet cable?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform the steps as mentioned in this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows
    and let us know the end result.

As an additional information, you can refer this article:

Why is my Internet connection so slow?

Note: This article is for Windows 7, but it holds good for Windows 10

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 12, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 12, 2020
Thema:

1. This is not a question, but more of advice on slow internet by windows 10. - Similar Threads - question more advice

2. Slow internet on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow internet on Windows 10.: Hello.A few months ago, around May, I posted a thread talking about an ongoing issue my computer was having related to internet.Link to thread:...
  3. Slow internet on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow internet on Windows 10.: Hello.A few months ago, around May, I posted a thread talking about an ongoing issue my computer was having related to internet.Link to thread:...
  4. Slow internet on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 internet and more not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 internet and more not working.: I powered on my windows PC, and for some reason the drivers for sound and my trackpad were not working, and it said that they were unverified or something like that all of the sudden it crashed.After it rebooted, those drivers were working, however, the wifi icon dissapeard,...
  6. Windows 10 - Internet Slow

Windows 10 - Internet Slow: i have been having internet speed problem on windows and i can't find what is the problem exactly and when i started having it And yes their is no problem with my router or internet service provide as i have got that worked out and the internet troubleshooter doesn't help...
  7. Need more advice

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need more advice: I'm cleaning up my Windows 10 pc to make more space. I unloaded some useless software and deleted some files on the desktop,,,,, Is that enough? What else do I need to do? 115173
  8. Need more advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Need more advice: I'm cleaning up my Windows 10 pc to make more space. I unloaded some useless software and deleted some files on the desktop,,,,, Is that enough? What else do I need to do? 115173
  9. Slow (10 minutes or more) initial access to internet

Slow (10 minutes or more) initial access to internet: This is a problem sporadically affecting two Windows 10 machines we have in our house. Most of the time, internet access is as expected - log in, and, within reason starting fresh, you're on the internet and going. But sometimes, the computer will be in a...
  10. Slow Boot debugging advice

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Boot debugging advice: Hello, since I've installed win10 I notice a Slow cold boot (restart) compared to my old win8.1. I'm talking of a fresh CLEAN installation, so no bloatware printer drivers or other stuff. I'm trying to debug the issue and recorded LOGS from my clean install boot, both...