Windows 10: this is phishing or real Microsoft?

Discus and support this is phishing or real Microsoft? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, can you help me to understand if this email is phishing?From: Microsoft Outlook <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Sent:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by otomoto, Apr 14, 2022.

1. otomoto Win User

this is phishing or real Microsoft?

Hello, can you help me to understand if this email is phishing?From: Microsoft Outlook <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Sent: _________________________________________To: Subject: [EXTERNAL] Urgent 2FA ActivationDear Microsoft Suscriber,We enforced 2-factor autentication on your account _____________________ to permanently prevent Email compromise attacks.you are required to follow the following steps to complete setup.STEP 1: Download and open Microsoft 2FA authenticator https://microsoft.com/United.com/2FA/verification/authenticator.zipSTEP 2. Enter and verify your phone number to comple

:)

otomoto, Apr 14, 2022
  2. Jsssssssss, Apr 14, 2022
  3. phishing scam?

Hi Marie,

There are different types of Phishing scam, and the one that you received might be probably a
    "Deceptive Phishing" or "System Reconfiguration Attacks". For you to prevent receiving a phishing email and to be more aware about scams, we suggest that you report it by following the steps on this
    link. There are tips as well on the said link on how to determine a phishing email.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Apr 14, 2022
  4. this is phishing or real Microsoft?

Microsoft fixes Internet Explorer 7 phishing shield

Internet Explorer 7 was designed with security in mind. While there have been several flaws reported in the browser, Microsoft has so far been very good with patching them. When they discovered that Internet Explorer 7's phishing shield can get bogged down very quickly when viewing multiple web pages at once (or just a web page with a lot of content), Microsoft worked hard to find a fix. The problem lied in the way the phishing filter checks for bad sites. Instead of checking whether a site is on a pre-downloaded "naughty list" like Firefox 2, Internet Explorer 7 asks Microsoft whether or not a site is good before loading it. A quick optimization patch was not included in the most recent "Patch Tuesday", but you can still get it here.

Source: CNET

zekrahminator, Apr 14, 2022
Thema:

this is phishing or real Microsoft?

1. this is phishing or real Microsoft? - Similar Threads - phishing real Microsoft

2. PHISHING

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PHISHING: To day I receive e-mails from :McAfee Support <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> , McAfee Support <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> and McAfee Support <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>with PHISHING :Your Antivirus Has Expired, You are not...
  3. Phishing mail from no-reply@microsoft???

Phishing mail from no-reply@microsoft???: Hi,Just marked a mail as possible phishing scam, while logged into my hotmail account, it stated that I had not logged in in a while. Looked very legitimate and was from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** urgently investigate.Kind regardsJared...
  4. PHISHING or Not

PHISHING or Not: J’ai reçu un e-mail en anglais alors que mon compte est en français provenant de l’adresse suivante *** Email address is removed for privacy *** concernant « service agreement ». Est-ce un e-mail de Microsoft ????Merci...
  5. Phishing

Phishing: I received a suspicious email claiming to be from Microsoft, can I forward it so it can be investigated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/phishing/f6992c69-8058-4790-bc5b-140977070d19
  6. Phishing

Phishing: A probable phishing attack has frozen my computer. Screens have Microsoft logo. "Support" numbers are probably fake. A flashing green box says "return to safety." I don't trust any of it but how do I safely return to using the computer?...
  7. Phishing

Phishing: I clicked on a phishing link and entered a password. I've already changed the password on the account it was linked to but how can I be sure there is no malware on my computer? I ran a scan using the virus and threat protection software on the computer and they came back...
  8. Phishing

Phishing: I keep getting emails saying "Note to self" with my Hotmail profile that are phishing. I am reporting them but obviously cannot block them. What has happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/phishing/c5ec6333-f368-4957-a64f-7964bcef2589
  9. Phishing

Phishing: I got phished about a month ago by an Indian outfit. They trailed an HP printer driver installation page I was trying to use for a new printer, and place a "chat" ear at the bottom of the page. After I could not find what I was looking for, I clicked on the chat ear and the...
  10. Chrome pop up. Is it for real or Phishing

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome pop up. Is it for real or Phishing: I've just had a pop up apparently from Chrome requesting me to click on links from the following address http(es,colon,slash,slash)support.google.com/chrome/?p=help&ctx=keyboard#topic=3227046 I am always dubious about being invited to click this or that as a necessity to...