Windows 10: This is really strange, but good.

Discus and support This is really strange, but good. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a hard drive with Windows 10 (10130) which was running with an Asus PH8 motherboard. Wanted to resurrect an old computer so installed tha hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by worldstream, Jun 11, 2015.

1. This is really strange, but good.

I have a hard drive with Windows 10 (10130) which was running with an Asus PH8 motherboard. Wanted to resurrect an old computer so installed tha hard drive into an Asus P5K3. Had dvd in ready to install. Imagine my suprise when it booted straight into the hard drive and after a bit of whirring around I had the original W10 installation with everything I had installed.. W7 would have popped up and said "s*d off.

:)

worldstream, Jun 11, 2015
  2. PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 11, 2015
  3. Free is a good Price but it's really worth it ?

definition of spyware in computer terms

Spyware is software that aims to gather information

about a person or organization without their knowledge

and that may send such information to another entity

without the consumer's consent, or that asserts control

over a computer without the consumer's knowledge

Windows 10 is software that aims to gather information

about a person or organization without their knowledge

and that may send such information to another entity

without the consumer's consent, or that asserts control

over a computer without the consumer's knowledge

Protect your PC advices by Microsoft

Antivirus & Antispyware software can help protect your computer

against viruses and other security threats.

In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus & antispyware software.

How to prepare your computer for windows 10 by Microsoft

uninstall your antivirus & antispyware programs

before install windows 10.!!

<Removed- CoC violation>

Whateverrr, Jun 11, 2015
  4. strollin Win User

This is really strange, but good.

Not sure if that's due to anything different in Win 10 or that you just got lucky.

strollin, Jun 11, 2015
  5. If its similar hardware, that will work. I went from an ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 to a ASUS M4N68-M V2 and Windows 7 didn't miss a beat. No activation issues either.

alphanumeric, Jun 11, 2015
  6. Both strollin & Agoalphanumeric might be correct - similar enough hard and the drivers work.

When I first installed Win10.0.130, I was not connected to the Internet and every conceivable HW driver seemed to be installed. There were issues, so I downloaded a fresh copy of the ISO and reinstalled, connected this time - much better experience. It could have been a bad ISO or it could have been due to the fact that the install didn't have an opportunity to cross verify my devices against WU, so it punted and gave me everything - not sure.

This indicates to me that Win10 is a bit smarter as far as drivers go.

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

This is really strange, but good.

1. This is really strange, but good. - Similar Threads - really strange

2. FSX graphics go really strange after exiting flight, and the picture goes from completely...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX graphics go really strange after exiting flight, and the picture goes from completely...: Hello, I am having problems regarding Flight Simulator X Acceleration, after I pause a flight, create a failure, for example and return to my flight, the picture goes very strange, unusable sometimes, it can go from completely black screen, plane parts missing, scenery...
  3. FSX graphics go really strange after exiting flight, and the picture goes from completely...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FSX graphics go really strange after exiting flight, and the picture goes from completely...: Hello, I am having problems regarding Flight Simulator X Acceleration, after I pause a flight, create a failure, for example and return to my flight, the picture goes very strange, unusable sometimes, it can go from completely black screen, plane parts missing, scenery...
  4. Link To Windows Software Headache!!! Wow. really strange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link To Windows Software Headache!!! Wow. really strange: Date of Post: November 30, 2022Issue: Link To Windows Software for Android Phone not working. Strange behaviors, no error messagesTools Used: I am running Windows 10 Home on an HP Laptop and Android Software on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 smart phoneWow. Microsoft really did not...
  5. Link To Windows Software Headache!!! Wow. really strange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link To Windows Software Headache!!! Wow. really strange: Date of Post: November 30, 2022Issue: Link To Windows Software for Android Phone not working. Strange behaviors, no error messagesTools Used: I am running Windows 10 Home on an HP Laptop and Android Software on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 smart phoneWow. Microsoft really did not...
  6. My keyboard and mouse are acting really strange!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard and mouse are acting really strange!: I'm gonna give the whole story so you can understand better.So what happened was I that I spilled some ice tea on my brand new Logitech g512 keyboard so I take some of the keycaps off so I can wipe off the tea but in that process I click a bunch of keys accidentally. I then...
  7. Really strange "can't initialize drive" problem. Can anyone think of anything to help?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Really strange "can't initialize drive" problem. Can anyone think of anything to help?: Hello All This is pretty much the oddest thing I have ever seen. My friend is having the same problem on two different computers with Windows 10 Pro. She has tried cloning the C:Drives to new Samsung SSD drives, using two different drives and two different Sabrent USB...
  8. REALLY strange network problems.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    REALLY strange network problems.: I found out this Microsoft forums thing, and now I am asking like everything here. Another question of mine, except, this one isn't really stupid... Ok, now I know this question is asked a TON. So much. But for me it's different. I tried EVERYTHING, my computer is on...
  9. Really strange issue: Pressing "A" on my Xbox One controller opens Chrome to a Windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Really strange issue: Pressing "A" on my Xbox One controller opens Chrome to a Windows...: Title... Basically, every time I jump while playing Halo, a Chrome tab opens on my second monitor, always to the same support page. It's super frustrating, and it just started happening. I have no idea what I did to bind that button specifically to that support page, but...
  10. This strange terminal things is really annoying. Pls help me.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This strange terminal things is really annoying. Pls help me.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Aympere [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jdb7po/this_strange_terminal_things_is_really_annoying/