Windows 10: This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

Discus and support This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This Is the New Windows 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update Redmond revamping the Start menu with new Features [img] [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Apr 3, 2016.

1. This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

This Is the New Windows 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update
    Redmond revamping the Start menu with new Features

This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update [​IMG]

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

:)

Cluster Head, Apr 3, 2016
  2. Elena_321 Win User

Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in. **Part 2**

Win 10 Anniversary version 1607 has been installed, however Start menu fails to launch, all kind of suggestions including msconfig, CMD and so on being tried. No success. Any suggestion

Elena_321, Apr 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu issues after mysterious update.

Joe

The Anniversary Update is a staged release. With so many computers to upgrade the Anniversary Updates is being released through Automatic Update over a period of time (1 month?). You can either wait for your upgrade to install through automatic
    update or directly download from Microsoft.

Windows 10 Anniversary Update: What’s new with the Start Menu

Windows 10 Anniversary Update: What's new with the Start Menu | On MSFT

Gerry C J Cornell, Apr 3, 2016
  4. This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

Wow thank you for posting about this
    It looks really cool
    Cant wait for it to come out for all to use

hTconeM9user, Apr 3, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    ..............The All apps list is essential to understanding which apps you have on your device. We’ve elevated this list to the top level of the UI to reduce clicking & scrolling. This makes it easier to access apps in the All Apps list. It also reinforces the consistent Start experience across form factors,” Microsoft’s engineers explained at Build last week .....................

Make sense.

davidhk, Apr 3, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Is that the NEW file explorer icon ? Looks like an icon that turns "generic".

davidhk, Apr 3, 2016
  7. Not a fan so far

I have my most used Apps pinned to the start menu, dont need to constantly see the All Apps section

paulsalter, Apr 3, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

User icon.

Edwin, Apr 3, 2016
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Well. I hope we get to see it in an insider build soon. Then I can tell what I think of it after playing with it for a bit.

BunnyJ, Apr 3, 2016
  10. Edwin New Member
    Too much stuff!
    What I suggested on the 'Quest':

Edwin, Apr 3, 2016
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    Good idea -- however please don't revert back to the "Kiddy" menu of W8 -- I Hated the endless scroll of W8 on a desktop - it's NOT a mobile phone.

I would suggest though a better most used apps is a more convenient idea than "All apps" -- especially if you have a computer with a Zillion and one apps on it.

Don't forget that you can also use Custom toolbars with your own cascaded menus - great Idea that works brilliantly. I used this in W8 to get round the hideous Non cascaded endless Scroll menu that Ms foisted on us -- luckily W8 didn't last too long. W8.1 an improvement but was a tacit admission of a major Balls Up in W8-- W10 has got Windows back on track again.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 3, 2016
  12. Edwin New Member
    The only thing I dislike about cascading menus is not being able to scroll in them. You have to hover your cursor on the little arrow at the top or bottom and wait for it to scroll at the default speed.

Edwin, Apr 3, 2016
  13. This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

I agree I like the one we have now the one posted here is even more win 8 / Tard phone *really

I have file explorer pinned to the taskbar & start menu anyway along with my frequently used W 10 apps ,PC utilities and frequently used x86 desktop apps & some web links .

I have just the way I want it without the tard phone stuff *Cool

blutos cousin, Apr 3, 2016
  14. doorules Win User
    Looks like w8 all over again. As long as you can delete or unpin them all I really don't care one bit what they do with the start menu, page, whatever.

doorules, Apr 3, 2016
  15. Ztruker Win User
    MS should buy the rights to Start10 from Stardock and include it as a choice during install or first boot. I believe more than half, probably way more than half, would opt for it rather than the current or proposed Start menu.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2016
Thema:

This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

1. This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Start Menu Launching

2. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  3. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  4. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. New Win 10 Install - Unable to launch "Start Menu"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Win 10 Install - Unable to launch "Start Menu": I purchased a new Win 10 Desktop PC 3 weeks ago with a 256GB SSD as the c-drive and 1TB HDD as the d-drive. Last week, I noticed that I had filled up my SSD (mostly because of the size of the appdata folder). Then stumbled upon this site and this thread (Users Folder -...
  6. Win 10 Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Anniversary update: My Laptop, running Win10 Pro 64-bit, updated yesterday, and I am now on this version. Is this the latest? i.e. the MS Anniversary update? [img] 58665
  7. Where is the Taskbar & Start Menu Properties in the Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is the Taskbar & Start Menu Properties in the Anniversary Update: In 1511 I right clicked in the Start field and it brought up a Properties link. Then there were lots of configuration setting for the Start screen. That no longer works. To the point, before I was able to hide the Apps column and access it by clicking All Apps. I'd like to...
  8. Start menu after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu after the anniversary update: Hello As mentioned I updated my windows 10 yesterday, it took a while but finally it went all good. However some things are bugging me crazy after the process. The menu start before the update used to show only the tiles, now after the new version being brought the...
  9. Anniversary Update - Clean Install. Start menu anomaly

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update - Clean Install. Start menu anomaly: Hi all, Wondering if anyone else has experienced an icon display issue on their start menu with the 1607 update? I have just clean installed (and fully updated) the 1607 Anniversary Update on 2 PC's and both are experiencing an identical issue with their start menu. The...
  10. New Windows 10 Anniversary Update Build to Launch "Soon"™

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Anniversary Update Build to Launch "Soon"™: New Windows 10 Anniversary Update Build to Launch "Soon"™ Expect the release to take place this week Microsoft’s fast build release cadence has been working like a charm lately and the company is planning to maintain this approach for the Anniversary Update coming...