Windows 10: This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

Discus and support This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; So let me get this right, they have changed the start menu by hiding documents, download, music, pictures etc and brought the all apps lists into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Apr 3, 2016.

1. This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

I made custom icons as needed for tiles in the start menu for frequently used desktop programs ,PC utilities and web links and file file folders all organized & grouped by type by either pinning them in the start menu or dropping them into the start menu programs folder and just adding in the windows store run time apps I wanted it's all working for me *really

That's how you manhandle the start menu *Cool

FWIW I like the start menu the way it is compared to the re incarnated Windows 8 fail tard phone/tard pad start menu looking update thingy they are showing *really

blutos cousin, Apr 5, 2016

2. Agreed.

I do the same with the Documents, Downloads, Music, etc. on the desktop.

Or you could access them through the start menu on the left side "File Explorer", but who wants to that? *really

Computer Chicken, Apr 5, 2016
  3. Right .....I do shortcuts & custom shortcut icons on the desktop also (like I've always done it ) but it's a snap to see the different frequently used tiles ,apps ,program shortcuts , web links and PC utilities tiles grouped in the start menu and open them real quick it'soften quicker than looking for them on the desktop especially when Windows decides to re arrange the desktop randomly at any log in /boot after you have it all organized . *really

Aside from the main Document library links ( directory tree links ) on the 2 NTFS Win OS volumes on this PC , I even have some specific shortcuts cuts & tiles to the other NTFS volume and also to the other NTFS hdd's on both the desktop and start menu .

The permanent media ,back ups and photos are on dedicated storage drives here *really

blutos cousin, Apr 5, 2016
  4. This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

Nice *Smile

Computer Chicken, Apr 6, 2016
  5. Thanks ....after figuring out how to manhandle the start menu how I like it that's probably the main resaon I like it now anyway it aint much out the box *really

blutos cousin, Apr 6, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Just installed 14316 update and Start menu haven't changed.

CountMike, Apr 6, 2016
  7. gtspeck Win User
    Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to try it out.

gtspeck, Apr 6, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

I suspect that feature will come later on before RS1 is turned lose on the general public.

BunnyJ, Apr 6, 2016
  9. equoox Win User
    Hope that the Start Menu works and the recurring bug that prevents it from opening, freezes search, sometimes disables right click of Task Bar pinned Apps and disables Notification centre .... will have been fixed in this update.

Personally am not a fan of tiles on my Desktop PC so will welcome a quicker link to all the APPS / Programmes

equoox, Apr 7, 2016
  10. Clintlgm Win User
    I agree but with Classic Shell

Clintlgm, Apr 7, 2016
  11. Clintlgm Win User
    *Ditto

Clintlgm, Apr 7, 2016
  12. You have to look at the layout for the AllApps to notice any change. The 14316 build is the Insider Preview look at what will be seen in the Redstone 1 general release for the 1st anniversay. Initially bringing the Start menu back for 10 you will note the AllApps replacing the All Program previously mid way below the pinned items on the top was pushed all the way down to the bottom replacing the Search box. The change apparently is in seeing the AllApps raised up and more pronounced on this build according to the ZDNet report on this. Windows 10: Microsoft reveals new look for Start menu in Anniversary Update | ZDNet

Here I still have the Start10 in use for the Modern without Tiles theme.

This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update [​IMG]

You will also notice the Search box option is back since you have the two other choices for 7 style and the Modern with Tiles 10 comes with. The Taskbar on the side not top or bottom idea came about when getting the 8pack gadgets working on 10 to see the sidebar gadget in use on the second display here. The taskbar came out a little wider in order to match the gadget's width however not orginally planned.

Now take a look at how the top portion of the 10 Start menu is crunched up when the AllApps is opened.

The link for it still replaces the Search box but the 0-9 menu is now up higher then before when you would see that down next to the bottom above the "A" group. That's what all the hooblah is about.

Night Hawk, Apr 7, 2016
  13. equoox Win User

Don't like the idea of losing the Taskbar at the bottom *Sad

equoox, Apr 7, 2016
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    I don't think you are and where are you getting this idea from??

BunnyJ, Apr 7, 2016
  15. I actually stretched the Start menu downward after first right clicking on each tile to select the Small size and then shifted them around to be vertical rather then stretch out across the screen. That was before simply ending up with Start10.

From the screen there I took last summer you can see the end result of narrowing the 10 menu down by shrinking the tiles resulted in a deeper menu then typically seen with 7 despite still no longer seeing the Search box as the new menu is geared for touchscreen devices. "Tap Central Please!" With the Start10 app you can still have the Search box even with the tiles if you want since that is something in effect for all three menu options. MS is primarily focused on Cortana being the new web and local search option to replace that.

Night Hawk, Apr 7, 2016
Thema:

1. This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Start Menu Launching

2. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  3. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  4. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. New Win 10 Install - Unable to launch "Start Menu"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Win 10 Install - Unable to launch "Start Menu": I purchased a new Win 10 Desktop PC 3 weeks ago with a 256GB SSD as the c-drive and 1TB HDD as the d-drive. Last week, I noticed that I had filled up my SSD (mostly because of the size of the appdata folder). Then stumbled upon this site and this thread (Users Folder -...
  6. Win 10 Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Anniversary update: My Laptop, running Win10 Pro 64-bit, updated yesterday, and I am now on this version. Is this the latest? i.e. the MS Anniversary update? [img] 58665
  7. Where is the Taskbar & Start Menu Properties in the Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is the Taskbar & Start Menu Properties in the Anniversary Update: In 1511 I right clicked in the Start field and it brought up a Properties link. Then there were lots of configuration setting for the Start screen. That no longer works. To the point, before I was able to hide the Apps column and access it by clicking All Apps. I'd like to...
  8. Start menu after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu after the anniversary update: Hello As mentioned I updated my windows 10 yesterday, it took a while but finally it went all good. However some things are bugging me crazy after the process. The menu start before the update used to show only the tiles, now after the new version being brought the...
  9. Anniversary Update - Clean Install. Start menu anomaly

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update - Clean Install. Start menu anomaly: Hi all, Wondering if anyone else has experienced an icon display issue on their start menu with the 1607 update? I have just clean installed (and fully updated) the 1607 Anniversary Update on 2 PC's and both are experiencing an identical issue with their start menu. The...
  10. New Windows 10 Anniversary Update Build to Launch "Soon"™

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Anniversary Update Build to Launch "Soon"™: New Windows 10 Anniversary Update Build to Launch "Soon"™ Expect the release to take place this week Microsoft’s fast build release cadence has been working like a charm lately and the company is planning to maintain this approach for the Anniversary Update coming...