Windows 10: This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

Discus and support This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I don't think you are and where are you getting this idea from?? Post #55 Guess I misunderstood Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Apr 3, 2016.

1. equoox Win User

This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

Post #55

Guess I misunderstood

equoox, Apr 7, 2016
  2. BunnyJ New Member

What he's talking about doesn't involve the task bar from Windows.. it's a third party tool.

BunnyJ, Apr 7, 2016
  3. equoox Win User
    My mistake. Sorry. *Redface

equoox, Apr 8, 2016
  4. This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

The task bar can be moved around and even auto hidden by way of the right click properties screen. I haven't lost anything but simply don't prefer the taskbar on the bottom. With the sidebar gadget found in the 8Pack gadget collection intended originally for 8, 8.1 they still work on 10 where I grabbed the sidebar gadget for the secondary display and moved the main bar to the left side on the primary. The move worked out since it now acts like a giant quick launch bar with more of the desktop shortcuts dragged into the toolbar folders out in plain view.

As for the new look as far as the default Start menu in 10 goes perhaps a look at the way the Start10 sees it being a match up until now will make a good comparison to show how MS added the Most Recently Used in at the top being the primary change seen when opening up the AllApps section.

This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update [​IMG]

I still managed to narrow the tile section down while eventually staying with the non Modern there. But when you look back at the last screen in Post #55 and then notice the AllApps here you can see what was added in.

Night Hawk, Apr 8, 2016
  5. prikker Win User
    I replaced it with Classic Shell and chose menuview so when you hover above programs, or documents i.e. it opens up everything immediatly. Rightclick opens W10 start menu options.

prikker, Apr 8, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    I actually like the Start menu the way it is. When MS makes the change I hope they make it customizable so we can make it more to our personal liking. *Smile

Winuser, Apr 8, 2016
  7. I am the same. It looks fine as it is but the new version does look interesting. I would be keen to give it a go *Cool

ellellell1, Apr 9, 2016
  8. gtspeck Win User

I certainly will give it a go as well. I would like to be able to customize it also.*Think

gtspeck, Apr 9, 2016
  9. It isn't the main menu I have any issue with but the Metro tiles and why I elected to go with Start10 and not Classic Shell which had been tried back when looking at the 8 CP builds as well as Start menu 7. The most recent apps addition is simply some extra flavoring someone at MS thought would look good while taking up screen space. That reminds me of the Recently Bookmarked option in FF or another browser I skip past.

As for customization options never anticipate much from MS in that area. Generally you will end up looking for some 3rd party item like Windows Blinds for seeing options like that made available. So far Start10 has been the only thing needed here. One being the varierty of Start buttons you can choose from.

Night Hawk, Apr 9, 2016
  10. So far not a fan of this, I have everything I want pinned and sorted the way I want and have become a fan of this. I dont need to constantly see the All Apps section. I can care less about Windows apps since its really desktop programs I'm installing and using too.

They shoudl stop wasting there time with the start menu its fine the way it is. maybe add windows 7 start menu ui, then you can choose between the new old and that horrible start screen and call it a day.

Maybe focus on working on something like edge browser which is behind ff and chrome. I rather use ie11 then edge.

darkschneider94, Apr 9, 2016
  11. I do use IE11 at times while having subbed IE or Edge with FF and now back to Waterfox while still keeping a few others installed. I never could get used to Chrome as that always looked like Edge does now an unfinished browser!

Actually if they wanted to do anything right is not bringing back the 7 theme style menu but the option to dump the Metro tiles. That was the reason for deciding to go with the Start10 app to begin with. And as for a dark theme for the Start menu I already have that anyways since the Start meny only reflects on how the taskbar is set.

Night Hawk, Apr 9, 2016
  12. xbfelipe Win User
    I like how the start menu is now.

However, I think changes are needed and we need to deal with it. By the way, the new start menu is very beautiful and seems to come to make things easier. Good job Microsoft!

xbfelipe, Apr 9, 2016
  13. This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

Like I was saying the only beef here is simply with the Metro tiles section I found an immediate solution for before even going with Start10. With Start10 I could have but didn't want the 7 Style menu since that would be rather redundant to start with but the new 10 style only without tiles thank you! *Smile

On the harsh reality side MS still has to suit both hardware platforms being the one item many have failed to take into account. Having more options for customization would of course be a nice incentive without having the need for any 3rd party wares while MS generally isn't that flexible. They simply toss in their limited number of options and call it a day.

Night Hawk, Apr 10, 2016
  14. Still not able to pin stuff on the left panel and get rid of the tiles? Still non-configurable?

Classic Shell it is.

Salad Fingers, Apr 10, 2016
  15. Have you made any attempts at repair? Sounds like a bug was seen during an upgrade type install.

Night Hawk, Apr 11, 2016
Thema:

1. This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Start Menu Launching

2. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  3. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  4. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. New Win 10 Install - Unable to launch "Start Menu"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Win 10 Install - Unable to launch "Start Menu": I purchased a new Win 10 Desktop PC 3 weeks ago with a 256GB SSD as the c-drive and 1TB HDD as the d-drive. Last week, I noticed that I had filled up my SSD (mostly because of the size of the appdata folder). Then stumbled upon this site and this thread (Users Folder -...
  6. Win 10 Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Anniversary update: My Laptop, running Win10 Pro 64-bit, updated yesterday, and I am now on this version. Is this the latest? i.e. the MS Anniversary update? [img] 58665
  7. Where is the Taskbar & Start Menu Properties in the Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is the Taskbar & Start Menu Properties in the Anniversary Update: In 1511 I right clicked in the Start field and it brought up a Properties link. Then there were lots of configuration setting for the Start screen. That no longer works. To the point, before I was able to hide the Apps column and access it by clicking All Apps. I'd like to...
  8. Start menu after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu after the anniversary update: Hello As mentioned I updated my windows 10 yesterday, it took a while but finally it went all good. However some things are bugging me crazy after the process. The menu start before the update used to show only the tiles, now after the new version being brought the...
  9. Anniversary Update - Clean Install. Start menu anomaly

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update - Clean Install. Start menu anomaly: Hi all, Wondering if anyone else has experienced an icon display issue on their start menu with the 1607 update? I have just clean installed (and fully updated) the 1607 Anniversary Update on 2 PC's and both are experiencing an identical issue with their start menu. The...
  10. New Windows 10 Anniversary Update Build to Launch "Soon"™

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Anniversary Update Build to Launch "Soon"™: New Windows 10 Anniversary Update Build to Launch "Soon"™ Expect the release to take place this week Microsoft’s fast build release cadence has been working like a charm lately and the company is planning to maintain this approach for the Anniversary Update coming...