Windows 10: This is the second pc in two weeks to have same trouble with this update. Just cycling this...

Discus and support This is the second pc in two weeks to have same trouble with this update. Just cycling this... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wng378 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hk06nl/this_is_the_second_pc_in_two_weeks_to_have_same/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wng378, Jul 2, 2020.

1. /u/wng378 Win User

This is the second pc in two weeks to have same trouble with this update. Just cycling this...

/u/wng378, Jul 2, 2020

2. I have just updated my PC's to windows 10

Hi Hugh,

In your first PC, you have mentioned that your disc drive is not recognized in File Explorer but is displayed in the Device Manager. This could occur if a drive letter is not assigned to the CD/DVD drive. I would suggest you to try assigning a drive letter
    to the disc drive and then check if it is displayed in the File Explorer. Press Windows key + X, click on 'Disk management' and then check if the disk drive is listed. If it is listed without a drive letter, right click on the drive and select 'Change drive
    letter and paths'. Click on 'Add' and then assign a drive letter that is not assigned for any other drives. Now, open File Explorer and check if the drive is listed.

In your second PC, you have mentioned that there is no sound. In this case, I would suggest you to try the steps suggested in this article and check:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jul 2, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 2, 2020
  4. This is the second pc in two weeks to have same trouble with this update. Just cycling this...

Second screen "lost" with past two updates

Hello Sassy,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the second display on your
    Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or file mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you run the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool. This process will automatically scan and correct if there’s a possible integrity violation on the system. To do this, you may follow the steps provided on this
    link. Once you’re on the page, you
    may expand and proceed with the steps from the Windows 10, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
    option under the Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)
    section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if you’re able to use the second display on your PC.

If the issue continues even after updating the display driver, we suggest that you
    uninstall and reinstall the device driver on your PC. This process will re-establish the good working status of the device. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Device Manager, and then select it from the search results.
    • Expand the Display adapters, double-click on the device driver.
    • Click the Driver tab > Uninstall, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
    • Once you’re done, restart your device. It will automatically scan for the missing driver and install it.
    • After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern, for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

This is the second pc in two weeks to have same trouble with this update. Just cycling this...

1. This is the second pc in two weeks to have same trouble with this update. Just cycling this... - Similar Threads - second weeks same

2. I have just purchased a second laptop, but it is not a replacement - just a second PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have just purchased a second laptop, but it is not a replacement - just a second PC.: During Windows install program, how do I keep it separate and not restore from my other PCs backup? So far, there does not seem to be anyway to do this during the MS install process. Do I have to have separate MS Accounts? During Windows install program, how do I keep it...
  3. I have just purchased a second laptop, but it is not a replacement - just a second PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have just purchased a second laptop, but it is not a replacement - just a second PC.: During Windows install program, how do I keep it separate and not restore from my other PCs backup? So far, there does not seem to be anyway to do this during the MS install process. Do I have to have separate MS Accounts? During Windows install program, how do I keep it...
  4. My pc cycles through trouble shoot less but not boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc cycles through trouble shoot less but not boot: Hi I’ve been having this promelem for 2 days not and I want to get this fixed please I remember tampering with the platform pk key settings and I just wan to revert it NOTHING IS SHOWING ON MY SCREEN PLEAS SOME ONE;-;...
  5. two updates the last week of june

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    two updates the last week of june: My pc has to be logged in every time so I always know when I am inflicted with a update. I got one in the last week of june and my browser started crashing. At that time it was only crashing my browser. I was using the ccleaner browser so I then tried chrome and it was no...
  6. It it okay to have two computers have the same hostname on the same network?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It it okay to have two computers have the same hostname on the same network?: Title sums it up submitted by /u/guy_from_iowa01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kmbmdp/it_it_okay_to_have_two_computers_have_the_same/
  7. UNABLE TO INSTALL OR UPDATE ANYTHING SINCE TWO WEEKS!!!...Microsoft trouble shooter is not...

UNABLE TO INSTALL OR UPDATE ANYTHING SINCE TWO WEEKS!!!...Microsoft trouble shooter is not...: I REGRET HAVING WINDOWS 10 NOW!,,,PLEASE SEND HELP submitted by /u/Afraid_Cauliflower32 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kkjecq/unable_to_install_or_update_anything_since_two/
  8. How to have two windows OS on the same PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to have two windows OS on the same PC?: First Off, here is my setup: I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop with a licensed windows 10 on it. I have had the HDD on this laptop fail so no recovery possible, no dell support assist, no image to reinstall, so I had to clean install windows 10 downloaded from Microsoft and not...
  9. Having trouble with getting two external monitors working at same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having trouble with getting two external monitors working at same time: I have an hp spectre laptop with i7,16 gb ram and a ssd drive,Ive been using an acer 21 inch external monitor and today i got an hp w2408h monitor.They both worked for about ten minutes then both went away.Now if I have one plugged in it works but if i plug in the other it...
  10. Two keys in the same PC

Two keys in the same PC: Hello everyone. I have bought a PC with Windows 10 home. After few months, I bought a Windows 10 pro Key and i've done the upgrade. But everytime I reinstall Windows, by default, It activates the home edition, so i have to to insert the pro Key manually. How can I fix that?...