Windows 10: This is the second time this has happened, I started using the fullscreen mode a few days ago.

Discus and support This is the second time this has happened, I started using the fullscreen mode a few days ago. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Longshoez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsr1qe/this_is_the_second_time_this_has_happened_i/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Longshoez, Jul 17, 2020.

1. This is the second time this has happened, I started using the fullscreen mode a few days ago.

/u/Longshoez, Jul 17, 2020

2. login is rejected first time but accepted second time

This just started a few days ago. When I login (to Windows 10), it rejects my password, but then it accepts it the second time. I am sure I have entered the correct password and this is happening every time since it started a few days ago.

Greenbergman, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Neilg Win User
    how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Aug 4, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

This is the second time this has happened, I started using the fullscreen mode a few days ago.

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

This is the second time this has happened, I started using the fullscreen mode a few days ago.

1. This is the second time this has happened, I started using the fullscreen mode a few days ago. - Similar Threads - second has happened

2. BSOD happening few times a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD happening few times a day: Hi everyone, recently i started getting BSOD very frequently. Stop code is almost always different from last one. I followed the guidelines and uploaded last 3 minidumps and MSInfo on OneDrive. Here is the link for that :...
  3. Windows Update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update a few days ago: Hello one and all, A few days ago, I had a WINDOWS Update for a WINDOWS 10 PC. Since then, I have been experiencing problem after problem with my apps. They are not working or audio not heard. I went to the virtual chat yesterday evening, and was told they were connecting...
  4. Last windows update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Last windows update a few days ago: Since the windows 10 update a few days ago, a lot of my Microsoft products do not seem to be working properly. It seems odd to me that they release these updates before they see how they react with programs etc that they manage. Like Microsoft Solitaire. It keeps turning...
  5. Microphone has suddenly stopped working a few days ago

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone has suddenly stopped working a few days ago: Hello, recently my microphone stopped working when using discord, all my other audio works fine but my microphone won't emit anything. This isn't exclusive to discord either, if I go to the recording and playback window and click on listen to this device it just outputs...
  6. This happens to me on Edge Chromium every day a few times a day. I'm sick of it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This happens to me on Edge Chromium every day a few times a day. I'm sick of it.: [IMG] submitted by /u/jaskeil_113 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gavwpw/this_happens_to_me_on_edge_chromium_every_day_a/
  7. Blue Screen of Death starting since a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen of Death starting since a few days ago.: so i am a Windows Insider i had 1903 for ages and didnt know about its BSOD issues till recently. Now every 30 mins my computer is going to blue / green wcreen of death. I first tried reverting to normal windows 10 with no sucess. Reseated my memory and cables inside the...
  8. White screen a few seconds after using fullscreen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White screen a few seconds after using fullscreen: [IMG]When I start playing a video, it plays fine until I open it in fullscreen. Then, a few seconds later the screen starts showing white. When move the cursur it stops or do anything that disturbes the video. I have already updated to the latest drivers of my graphics card....
  9. Screen flickers black every few seconds when in fullscreen mode games

Screen flickers black every few seconds when in fullscreen mode games: Hi all, I recently upgraded my laptop to the Lenovo Legion Y520 with an i7-7700hq, a 1050 ti, intel hd 630, 256 gig ssd, and 2 Terabyte hard drive I usually use an external monitor next to my laptop I noticed that when in games, if i set it to Fullscreen the screen...
  10. BSOD has happened a few times now

BSOD has happened a few times now: I was streaming a video and playing a game today when I got a BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. This has happened a couple other times as well, mostly while doing the same types of things. Thank you in advance for the assistance. Attachment 74387 47013