Windows 10: This is Windows 10 X with new notification center, gestures

Discus and support This is Windows 10 X with new notification center, gestures in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When Microsoft took the wraps off Windows 10 X, there was no mention of the OS coming to the traditional laptops, notebooks or desktops other than the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 9, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

This is Windows 10 X with new notification center, gestures

When Microsoft took the wraps off Windows 10 X, there was no mention of the OS coming to the traditional laptops, notebooks or desktops other than the dual-screen devices like Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Fold, Surface Neo or Dell’s Concept Duet.

A leak published in 2019 revealed Microsoft’s real intentions with 10X. According to the leaked document, Windows 10X is modular and it will eventually make its way to the traditional laptops.

At CES 2020, Lenovo showed off its ThinkPad X1 Fold and prototype running a vanilla version of Windows 10X was also presented at the event. The 10X actually looks pretty cool, but it’s still not done and you shouldn’t judge it based on these pictures.

Windows 10 X’s new Start menu (Launcher experience)

This is Windows 10 X with new notification center, gestures Windows-10-X-Start-screen.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Neowin

People familiar with the development previously claimed that Microsoft has been considering giving up on live tiles for a simplified Start menu experience. With Windows 10 X, Microsoft is choosing a simplified design for the Start menu, and the new experience is internally called ‘Launcher’.

In Windows 10 X, you can launch the Start menu by clicking on the grey Windows icon and it turns blue after the button is clicked. The Start menu has your pinned apps, web search, and list of all apps.

Gestures

Like Windows 8 or 8.1, gestures are a big part of Windows 10 X. For example, you can swipe up from the bottom of the screen to launch the Start menu or swipe from the right side to open the quick actions menu.

Notification center

This is Windows 10 X with new notification center, gestures Windows-10-X-Action-Center.jpg

Windows 10 ships with Action Center that provides a central place for notifications and quick actions. The Action Center currently occupies the 1/3rd of the desktop even when there are no new notifications.

In Windows 10 X, Microsoft is replacing Action Center with a new notification center and it focuses on the quick actions (options). The new notification center comes with toggles to turn on or off features like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Airplane mode.

The new notification menu is a slide-out pane that groups notifications, and still provides access to quick actions like Wi-Fi.

Modern File Explorer

This is Windows 10 X with new notification center, gestures Windows-10-X-File-Explorer.jpg

File Explorer is also getting a modern appearance in Windows 10 X. However, the current version of the 10X features Windows 10 Mobile’s File Explorer with minor tweaks.

As we noted above, the OS is still being developed so don’t judge it based on the above pictures.

The post This is Windows 10 X with new notification center, gestures appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 9, 2020

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Jan 9, 2020
  4. This is Windows 10 X with new notification center, gestures

Windows 10 Action Center Not Working

Windows 10 Home / v 1607 / OS build 14393.693

Action Center has displayed "No new notifications" for the past 3 days (since 2/21/2017). The only automatic updates that have been installed are/is: Adobe Flash Player.

I have tried all the steps listed above with no success. I also tried turning notifications off, then rebooting, then turning it on, then rebooting. Still no joy. Any other suggestions?

JuliaMHogan, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

This is Windows 10 X with new notification center, gestures

1. This is Windows 10 X with new notification center, gestures - Similar Threads - notification center gestures

2. Notifications Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications Center: Can someone help me? Because whenever I swipe my touchpad the notification center keeps popping out. Even I disable it, it keeps popping out whenever I swipe my touchpad. It annoys me because I keep accidentally swiping it and then it keeps popping out. Please help me....
  3. notification center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notification center: there is no notifcation center. when i press windows N it only shows the date and time please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-center/6a88f5f0-c29e-413d-abc6-2b9b25ac2130
  4. notification center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notification center: there is no notifcation center. when i press windows N it only shows the date and time please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-center/6a88f5f0-c29e-413d-abc6-2b9b25ac2130
  5. Another look at gestures-focused Windows 10 X

in Windows 10 News
    Another look at gestures-focused Windows 10 X: Windows 10 X is Microsoft’s new operating system for dual-screen devices and it’s reportedly coming to traditional laptops at some point. Windows 10 X was originally announced at Microsoft’s Surface event on October 2, and PC makers are now publicly showing off their devices...
  6. Windows 10 X: Launcher, new Taskbar and Action Center leaks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 X: Launcher, new Taskbar and Action Center leaks: At first glance, Windows 10X (a new version of Windows) looked like the platform specifically built for dual-screen and foldable devices in mind. However, Microsoft is also preparing Windows 10X for conventional laptops, so there’s a chance that we might see traditional...
  7. Windows 10 Notifications and Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Notifications and Action Center: Hello, I've been running into an odd windows 10 issue. No applications with the exception of these shown in the screenshot are showing in the Notifications and Actions Center. I've check recent Windows updates, verified ToastEnabled DWORD in registry, and enabled...
  8. Notification Center Windows 10

Notification Center Windows 10: I am running Windows 10 Pro 1803. I was running Office 2013 STD. and it was all fine. I upgraded to Office 2019 STD and now when I receive emails the email notification stays in the notification center. It does not automatically clear itself anymore like it did when I was...
  9. New notifications not showing in action center.

New notifications not showing in action center.: [IMG] [ATTACH] As you can see, the action center badge suggests new notifications but remains empty on opening. I have tried sfc and DISM tool, tried restarting file explorer, disabled and enabled action center from group policy but nothing has worked so far. Need a fix for...
  10. Notification Center

Notification Center: Hello, today i switched off my DiscordPTB app on no notification for trying some assets cause i don't know why even i got everything my discord dont send me notification. By the way when i switched on OFF i can't put on ON cause u can see on the screen is unselectable...can...