Windows 10: This is Windows 10’s upcoming Disk Partition Management Tool

Discus and support This is Windows 10’s upcoming Disk Partition Management Tool in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; There are tons of third-party partition managers for Windows 10, but as you know, Windows includes its own Disk Management tool hidden in the Control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 25, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

This is Windows 10’s upcoming Disk Partition Management Tool

There are tons of third-party partition managers for Windows 10, but as you know, Windows includes its own Disk Management tool hidden in the Control Panel. With Windows 10’s built-in Disk Management tool, you can resize, create, delete and also format partitions.

I’ve been reporting that Microsoft is working on a modern Disk Management for Windows 10 as part of its plan to streamline the operating system. It appears that the tech giant is going ahead with its plans to create a modern replacement for another important classic feature of the OS.

Windows 10 Build 20175, which is an early version of an upcoming update that’s been released to people who want to test it, includes the new modern disk management tool.

The feature, which is currently hidden, can be accessed from the “Manage Disks and Volumes” link in Settings > Storage, and it’s based on Microsoft’s UWP principles.

This is Windows 10’s upcoming Disk Partition Management Tool Disk-Management-Tool.jpg

The homepage of the Disk Management window shows you a list of your disks and their volumes. In my case, I have only one disk, two ‘unlabelled’ volumes and one recovery partition.

When you select a volume, you’ll see two options – Explore and Properties. While the ‘Explore’ button simply opens the disk partition in File Explorer, the second option called ‘Properties’ allows you to actually manage the selected volume.

If you’ve ever wanted to rearrange the drive letters for your various volumes, this new tool would be the place to go. To change the drive letter, you need to select the volume and open its Properties, and simply click on ‘Change Drive Letter’.

This is Windows 10’s upcoming Disk Partition Management Tool Modern-Disk-Management.jpg

In the dropdown menu of “Change Drive Letter”, you can a new drive letter. The letters which are not already assigned to volumes are only available on the dropdown.

The page also shows a graphical representation of your volume and available storage space. If you select “Change Size” option, a popup opens to show the disk that contains that volume and you can shink the volume when it has enough free space.

This is Windows 10’s upcoming Disk Partition Management Tool Volume-Data-in-Modern-Manager.jpg

In the example above, we’re shrinking a 60GB volume partition. The popup window shows the current size of the volume, and the minimum or maximum space you can have for the current volume.

This is Windows 10’s upcoming Disk Partition Management Tool Change-volume-size.jpg

Currently, the modern replacement works partially and it isn’t as advanced as the classic tool or third-party tools, but it gets the basic job done. The classic Disk Management tool does include more advanced features like deleting and formatting disk partitions, which are currently missing in the modern counterpart.

The good news, at least, is that the company has only started working on modern Disk Management tool and it will eventually receive all the key features.

The post This is Windows 10’s upcoming Disk Partition Management Tool appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 25, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue This is Windows 10’s upcoming Disk Partition Management Tool :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jul 25, 2020
  4. This is Windows 10’s upcoming Disk Partition Management Tool

Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

This is Windows 10’s upcoming Disk Partition Management Tool

1. This is Windows 10’s upcoming Disk Partition Management Tool - Similar Threads - 10’s upcoming Disk

2. Disk Management - Partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management - Partitions: Descobri que meu SSD de 1Tb diminuiu para 222 Gb.o que posso fazer? Posso juntar os volumes 1 e 3 ao 0 zero? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-management-partitions/8badfd33-7d4f-4f4b-96b6-be7c1d182fb1
  3. Disk Management - Partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Management - Partitions: Descobri que meu SSD de 1Tb diminuiu para 222 Gb.o que posso fazer? Posso juntar os volumes 1 e 3 ao 0 zero? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-management-partitions/8badfd33-7d4f-4f4b-96b6-be7c1d182fb1
  4. Disk Management - Partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk Management - Partitioning

Disk Management - Partitioning: Trying to partition my old HD to use for sys image storage for my new SSD. Allocation went fine but problems creating a volume. Using the defaults except for the drive letter when I go to finish I get a warning that I am trying to convert that drive from basic to dynamic and...
  6. Windows disk management tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows disk management tool: Hey guys, I got a new laptop with an Nvme SSD as a boot drive and a spare SATA port for a 2.5" drive, so I put the hard drive of my previous laptop in it and got all of my data out of it so I can format it and make it one partition instead of the 2+ it had since it was a boot...
  7. Free disk management tool.

Free disk management tool.: I have a couple things I need to do with the drives I own. I would like to convert a dynamic disk to basic. I also need to extend a drive to an empty volume behind it, hence why I can't do it in the windows tool. Thanks in advance....
  8. Disk Partition EFI Management

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk Partition EFI Management: DISK PARTITION INCLUDING EFI SYSTEM PARTITION AND RECOVERY DRIVE PARTITION. Earlier my File Explorer used to display C drive and D drive Recovery Drive which majorly contains only the recovery file. However, after a windows update a long time back, the D drive stopped...
  9. Windows 10 is getting modern disk partition management tool

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting modern disk partition management tool: If you want to delete the old and create a new partition or extend space of a particular disk, you need to rely on Windows 10’s Disk Management tool. The simplest way to manage your disk partitions on Windows 10 is with the operating system’s built-in Disk Management, which...
  10. partitions in Macrium & Disk Management

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    partitions in Macrium & Disk Management: I've attached a photo showing my hard drive partitions from Macrium (after selecting "Create an image of the partitions required to backup and restore Windows") and also from Disk Management in Windows 10. 1) What is the 16MB Unformatted Primary partition in Macrium...