Windows 10: This isn't a question so much a statement: I want Cortana gone!!!!!!!!

Discus and support This isn't a question so much a statement: I want Cortana gone!!!!!!!! in Cortana to solve the problem; Microsoft stop ramming things like Cortana down my throat! I should be able to turn it off if I don't want it. Bring back the basic search tool if... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AndyOConnor, Aug 10, 2019.

1. This isn't a question so much a statement: I want Cortana gone!!!!!!!!

Microsoft stop ramming things like Cortana down my throat! I should be able to turn it off if I don't want it. Bring back the basic search tool if that's what it takes but get Cortana off my machine!!!!!! I'm a customer and I don't want it!!!!!!!!!!

Why am I required to accept from Microsoft something I do not want or need! Cortana serves no purpose for me yet uses up resources and constantly nags me about notifications about it and nothing else!!!!!! Microsoft do the right thing and listen to your customers! Give me the choice of what I want and don't want. You do not have the right!!!!! This also includes updates!!!!!!

:)

AndyOConnor, Aug 10, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 10, 2019
  3. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 10, 2019
  4. This isn't a question so much a statement: I want Cortana gone!!!!!!!!

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

This isn't a question so much a statement: I want Cortana gone!!!!!!!!

1. This isn't a question so much a statement: I want Cortana gone!!!!!!!! - Similar Threads - isn't question much

2. I want so much, to use to Wordpad . . .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want so much, to use to Wordpad . . .: My computer is a laptop running Windows 10I'm going to dictate this text into a microphone and I'm not going to go back and fix it please understand I've asked over and over and over again. In Wordpad after I make the changes and I save it I open it again and the text is...
  3. I want so much, to use to Wordpad . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want so much, to use to Wordpad . . .: My computer is a laptop running Windows 10I'm going to dictate this text into a microphone and I'm not going to go back and fix it please understand I've asked over and over and over again. In Wordpad after I make the changes and I save it I open it again and the text is...
  4. I want so much, to use to Wordpad . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10....so much DO NOT WANT....in it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10....so much DO NOT WANT....in it: While it's been some time since this particular version has been forced upon is; upon looking at it, I'm reminded of Vista....and how much of a crack-up that was.So...can we please have a much simpler and more streamlined version of Windows in the future. There's just so...
  6. Cortana gone?

in Cortana
    Cortana gone?: Hi there, I try to activate Cortana on my Surface Book 3, but without success. I tried all the tipps on the internet, even tried to reinstall Cortana. But nothing works out. Windows 10, Latest updates. Any hints? Win + s does not open Cortana no Cortana Setting in...
  7. Not a question - a statement.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not a question - a statement.: The system tray icon shows that Windows 10 is connected to my network, but there is no internet connection. On the other hand, I can ping any web site, and Firefox IS connected to the internet, and can browse to all web sites. The upshot is that altho' I can connect to the...
  8. Cortana isn't responding to routine questions.

in Cortana
    Cortana isn't responding to routine questions.: Ever since latest update Cortana will open apps but won't respond to questions like "What's the weather". Response from Cortana is "I didn't catch that". According to Microsoft Chat agent it will be fixed in about a week. That is unacceptable. I will be switching to Google or...
  9. Cortana gone

Cortana gone: Did the anniversary update and it removed Cortana, Microsoft support is useless . it is still in the all app list but when i click on it all i can do is search windows files 58794
  10. cortana: can't accept privacy statement

cortana: can't accept privacy statement: hello guys, i'm trying to set up cortana but every time i want to set it up it says this: [img] i saw on some video' s that there has to be a button called: "i agree" but its not on my computer plz help me! 37692